Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guy who drafted Tarvaris Jackson got fired!!!!

Started by three, May 03, 2006, 09:08:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three

May 03, 2006, 09:08:24 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:14:00 pm by mikeirwin
Minnesota's personnel director Fran Foley got fired today, basically for picking crappy players in the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2431511

Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

CiriusPorker

That guy who recruited him to the UA shoulda been fired...

Pragmatic PiG

three

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 09:10:45 pm
that's not entirely what your link says
I know, but it's between the lines.  Bad draft, someone's gotta take the wrap.  Hey, how about your personnel director?   He's unimportant enough, but it sends a message to season ticket holders post-Love Boat incident that you're trying to move the franchise in the right direction.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 09:10:45 pm
that's not entirely what your link says
There were other issues but it says that his draft effort has been panned.

Pragmatic PiG

No doubt his draft was questionable, I don't question drafting Tavaris, but don't give away 2 3rd round caliber players to get a guy that could be had on the 2nd day and is a project of sorts, especially when your team is full of holes

yocdaddy

He got fired for discrepancies on his resume.  In other words, he lied about all the stuff he had done.

"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

msudawgs64

this was funny..

"They waited until after the draft, so they could have the benefit of his services and expertise on the draft," Kessler said. "Then they lowered the boom."

I would have lowered the boom during the draft if I felt his picks were crap. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Swino

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 05, 2006, 04:39:32 pm
this was funny..

"They waited until after the draft, so they could have the benefit of his services and expertise on the draft," Kessler said. "Then they lowered the boom."

I would have lowered the boom during the draft if I felt his picks were crap. 

Much like recruiting, we won't know how good or bad for at least 4 years.

tulsahog36

They felt his picks were crappy, especially Travais Jackson, and THEN they went after his resume.  They were looking for a reason to fire him after the draft.  The NFL forced the new ownership of the vikings to hire him, he was not there first choice.   The NFL told the new ownership they had to hire him because he had more NFL experience than the person they wanted.   They were in a bind, they were ticked off about how the draft went, and then started trying to find a legal way to fire him without the NFL officals getting bend out of shape.   

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: three on May 03, 2006, 09:08:24 pm
Minnesota's personnel director Fran Foley got fired today, basically for picking crappy players in the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2431511

Too bad we haven't fired the idiots who hired Numb Nutts.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Foots

Maybe he knew he was going to get fired so he picked TJack in the second round out of spite.

Richard_white

Quote from: Fresh Legs on May 06, 2006, 12:22:11 am
Quote from: yocdaddy on May 05, 2006, 03:23:02 pm
He got fired for discrepancies on his resume.  In other words, he lied about all the stuff he had done.

It's funny that they hired someone a few years ago for their coaching staff who did the same thing.  Does the name George O'Leary ring a bell anyone?

You talking about the Notre Dame coach?  Oh wait nevermind.