Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Switzer????

Started by DLUXHOG, November 13, 2012, 12:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Is he too busy to step in for his alma mater???
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

grayhawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 13, 2012, 12:55:42 pm
I think Barry is RETIRED FROM COACHING for good.

DLUXHOG

It's a crying shame, that with so many outstanding alum who have had tremendous success in coaching that we find ourselves in the current predicament....

DeltaBoy

Yep Get Barry as HC and Jimmy Johnson as DC and head recruiter.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wooderson

Neither one of those guys likes their alma mater.

Makes me appreciate Jerry Jones very much.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

hogfan61490

you have got to be kidding me

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 13, 2012, 01:00:28 pm
JFB as OC, of course.  The new football operations center would soon smell like an old folks' home.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

TOM "tbw1"

Fred Akers is still living. 
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HighClassJunkie

I don't think they would let him out of the old folks home.

Surely you were joking, right?

Ill just tell myself you are..

Fayettechill14

Let's install a wishbone and run it like its 1979

Some people, man...

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 13, 2012, 01:14:44 pm

Some people, man...

Fu***, lets just install something....anything....

DeltaBoy

Any of them would be better than Jeff and John L.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

The Great Hogsby

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't Barry 102 years old?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

ArkansasI

First of all, I am not sure that we are in any sort of predicament that isn't about to be fixed.  We simply had to wait due to the timing of Bobby's termination.

Second, please don't think Barry is not a Razorback.  The man was born in the state and made a career - legendary, in fact - at the University of Oklahoma.  It is understandable that he lives in Norman.

Jimmy... well, he's another story.  Originally from Port Arthur, Texas, Jimmy played for the Hogs, did a little coaching, and then got his break at Oklahoma State.  He pitched a fit for not getting the Razorback job when another fine coach and former Hog, Kenny Hatfield, got the job.

Failing to get the Razorback job may have been Jimmy's biggest break.  He instead got the Miami job - a far better job at the time.  Howard Schnellenberger built the program into a media headliner, Jimmy did a fine job sustaining it, and his success led to the Dallas job - where he was hired by a Razorback teammate.

Aside from his Canes playing the Hogs in Little Rock, I am not sure that Jimmy has set foot in Arkansas since he left many years ago.  I have never heard him mention the Razorbacks with any affection... I don't know what the deal is, but he doesn't seem to have any interest in our program.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 13, 2012, 01:00:28 pm

lets go back in time and pull out the 1994 Dallas Cowboys O-line while we are at it.

davispard

Quote from: Wooderson on November 13, 2012, 01:05:03 pm
Neither one of those guys likes their alma mater.  You're right about that, as we ran into Switzer in New York once, and I had a Hog cap on; he, Switzer, did not acknowledge it, and I was standing right next to him, and he looked directly at it.  But what can you about a guy that had a "full lenght" fur coat on too.   But I got the very distinct feeling that he could care less about us "arkies" as he called us, than his "okies".  Did not leave a very good feeling about him, with me...

Makes me appreciate Jerry Jones very much.

Big_Red_1

I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

Kevin

wow  that is all i can say
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

yraciv

I thought the Jimmy Johnson people were insane until I met the Barry Switzer group. Yall are still better than the Broyles group. Please someone suggest Lee Corso next. Even better use them all and we could bring in some of the people who lost jobs at the Fayetteville City Hospital to keep an eye on them.

kingofdequeen

it'd be funny if it weren't sad.

yraciv

Talk about the dream staff! We could brink back Hayden Frye, Johnny Majors, and I'm sure Butch would be giddy to be the young LB coach.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: yraciv on November 13, 2012, 03:24:38 pm
Talk about the dream staff! We could brink back Hayden Frye, Johnny Majors, and I'm sure Butch would be giddy to be the young LB coach.

someone reanimate AA Stagg to run Special Teams.  can't be any worse than JLS.

HawgFan70

Why not Lou Holtz?? He knows how to win at Arkanss and last I heard still has a pulse
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

yraciv

Quote from: HawgFan70 on November 13, 2012, 04:06:31 pm
Why not Lou Holtz?? He knows how to win at Arkanss and last I heard still has a pulse

I'm convinced Lou hates us! He probably should after how Frank forced him out.

pigmailyen

Yes; unfortunately, we can't rely on the bootlegger's boy for help this time.  :puke:

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HawgFan70 on November 13, 2012, 04:06:31 pm

Lou won a lot when he was here (I was a student during most of his tenure) and I really liked him when he was the Head Hog.   I thought he liked it a lot in Fayetteville....

yraciv

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 13, 2012, 05:55:15 pm
Lou won a lot when he was here (I was a student during most of his tenure) and I really liked him when he was the Head Hog.   I thought he liked it a lot in Fayetteville....

I'm sure he did at one point. I wasn't around back then, but I know Frank forced him out.

Qui Gon Jinn

When I was deployed, the Fox NFL crew came over and I got to have breakfast with them.  Spent some time talking to Jimmy.  He spoke very fondly of AR to me and to the crowd. 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 13, 2012, 01:14:44 pm

Some people, man...

I miss the wishbone! Fun times.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

choppedporkextrasauce

November 13, 2012, 10:40:42 pm #29 Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:42:50 pm by choppedporkextrasauce

he's 75 years old, do you want someone that old to be our next coach?

my 666th post, oh hell.

Problem with any of these Guys is if, in a team meeting, a player was found texting, etc, the Kid would be force fed the phone and have his ass kicked until the old coach handling the situation had a heart attack.  Long would have an intregity problem on his hands and be forced to fire the entire lot.

These old Guys would win.  They would steal Sabans playbook, get his D & O lines kicked off the team for bringing hookers on the team bus, pay off the resturant where they ate their pregame meal and every player would have the green apple quick step by game time and if that wasn't enough, some of our third stringers would be sent into the game to disable a few key BAMA players.

DeltaBoy

Switzer and Johnson would keep the rest of the SEC up at night.

Newhopehog

Wasn't Jimmy at the UofA for the JFB retirement deal....

oldrazorband

We would need to buy Depends and Geritol by the truckload for this bunch.

Hawg Balling

Reason #69823 why we'll never win another National Championship -- our fans are stuck in the 1980s. 

Chief Mac

we can have threads about a geriatric that is retired from coaching and used to run the dirtiest programs in NCAA history but we can have a thread about a coach that is currently employed at ESPN for Monday night football....unbelievable
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Coach Obvious

Think he's busy, but we should make a play for Bear Bryant.

CPO Hog

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on November 13, 2012, 10:40:42 pm
he's 75 years old, do you want someone that old to be our next coach?

my 666th post, oh hell.

I see him from time to time here in Norman. He doesn't look as old as JLS.