Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just saw a aerial view of WMS on KATV and it appears

Started by pigatron, November 24, 2006, 10:01:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rightdp

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:38:50 am
glad to hear the field looks better. it was blotchy and really ugly two years ago.

You do realize that it is not real grass at WM?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:45:18 am
That logo is the final reason to have the games moved from WMS to RRS. This is too big of a game to be looking minor league.  People are going to tune in and actually think that is the Hogs "home" stadium.

Why don't you ask the players if they want to continue playing in LR.  I think you would get a resounding YES!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

dana caldwell

Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 10:48:14 am
Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:36:40 am
Quote from: rightdp on November 24, 2006, 10:31:49 am
What does Jesus have to do with the Logo?

agree. i edited it to Holy Cow. know some -- including me to a degree -- find that sort of thing offensive.
You could have just dropped it all together if it really bugged people? I'm not trying to bash WMS at all, all the Hog games I've ever been to have been there, but that emblem is just horrible and makes us look bad.

no, it's interesting info and it saved me from having to wonder all game what the heck that dumb thing at midfield is.

i agree. i like games in the rock and the atmosphere is excellent. but i hate that doggone thing.

is it giant?

dana caldwell

Quote from: threeNout on November 24, 2006, 10:51:13 am
Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:43:00 am
Quote from: threeNout on November 24, 2006, 10:39:25 am
Don't sweat the little stuff.

Today's field will look great because of what happens on it.

hey, i've been on this board since about 7 eastern time. trust me, i have addressed plenty of subjects this morning and we have TWO AND A HALF-PLUS HOURS TO GO!

and u guys taking the time to tell us not to discuss this crack me up!

ugly as shiite! tacky. looks like something from a fireworks stand or wal-mart's first attempt at a logo.

Not suggesting we don't discuss it, just suggesting that it shouldn't ruin anyones day.

Today will be a great, GREAT day for the Hogs, the best or worst logo in the world won't change that.

of course.

just having fun. TWO HOURS, TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES!

crowhawg

Quote from: Dugann on November 24, 2006, 10:21:34 am
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3371519

it is even a topic on tigerdripping sad very sad WMS!

I can't believe the so called Hog Fan that went to the LSU board and posted something negative has not been taken to task.  Why would one of us go the the opponent's board and start a negative thread??

Idahog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 24, 2006, 10:48:47 am
Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:45:18 am
That logo is the final reason to have the games moved from WMS to RRS. This is too big of a game to be looking minor league.  People are going to tune in and actually think that is the Hogs "home" stadium.

Bigyellowdog you just stepped in a big ol' pile of crap with that statement right there! ;D

Be prepared for the onslaught from Rey Pygsterio and RazorRyan.

Can't believe you forgot Robert Shields.  Best columnist evar!!!  :puke:
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

dana caldwell

Quote from: rightdp on November 24, 2006, 10:54:07 am

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:38:50 am
glad to hear the field looks better. it was blotchy and really ugly two years ago.

You do realize that it is not real grass at WM?

of course. two years ago, tho, the turf was blotchy. might have been from rain a few days before, but it looked really bad. and the plastic turf pebbles were everywhere.

pigatron

It's as big as a formation of players is at midfield at least, so yeah, it's big. We're gonna get made fun of by other fans because of this. Waste Management, Wal Mart, everything elese. I'm sure they'll be creative.

dana caldwell

Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 11:05:48 am
It's as big as a formation of players is at midfield at least, so yeah, it's big. We're gonna get made fun of by other fans because of this. Waste Management, Wal Mart, everything elese. I'm sure they'll be creative.

argh!

johnsonswitch

Call the War Memorial Stadium Commission and tell them how you feel about it.

(501) 663-0775
http://www.arkansas.gov/directory/detail2.cgi?ID=981

If anyone can find the eight board members email addresses and post here I think they'd get the message.
Couldn't hurt.

pigatron

[

I can't believe the so called Hog Fan that went to the LSU board and posted something negative has not been taken to task.  Why would one of us go the the opponent's board and start a negative thread??
[/quote]

If you must know, I am an LSU alum, but I am a hog fan for life. I got my Ph.D. in chemistry at LSU so I know a lot of those guys. They will make fun of us over that, and in my opinion we deserve it. That thing is horrible. Make no mistake, beating LSU is more important to me than any other game of the year. If we lose, my email inbox and phone will ring off the hook for a week .

Smithian

By the time the 7A State Championship rolls around tomorrow, that field will be dead.

Go Rebs!

dana caldwell

Quote from: johnsonswitch on November 24, 2006, 11:10:56 am
Call the War Memorial Stadium Commission and tell them how you feel about it.

(501) 663-0775
http://www.arkansas.gov/directory/detail2.cgi?ID=981

If anyone can find the eight board members email addresses and post here I think they'd get the message.
Couldn't hurt.

good idea. i'll do that after i see what the thing looks like on the field. thanx!

Hawg414

Quote from: crowhawg on November 24, 2006, 11:03:47 am
Quote from: Dugann on November 24, 2006, 10:21:34 am
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=3371519

it is even a topic on tigerdripping sad very sad WMS!

and then turn around and start one here too?  good point. 

jkcrunch

We could be discussing the fact Urban Meyer put his stud DT back on the field for FSU

football17

That's WMS new logo.. they hired a marketing firm to design a new logo and that's what they came up with... it's on t-shirts, hats, etc... it ain't going anywhere. It was painted at midfield... it looks terrible and I can't believe they paid good money for someone to design that, but we better get used to it... it ain't going anywhere....

dana caldwell

Quote from: football17 on November 24, 2006, 11:16:01 am
That's WMS new logo.. they hired a marketing firm to design a new logo and that's what they came up with... it's on t-shirts, hats, etc... it ain't going anywhere. It was painted at midfield... it looks terrible and I can't believe they paid good money for someone to design that, but we better get used to it... it ain't going anywhere....

boy, what firm drew that up? give me six seconds and i could do better. so could this dog that i'm watching for the neighbor.

football17

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 11:17:45 am

boy, what firm drew that up? give me six seconds and i could do better. so could this dog that i'm watching for the neighbor.

I think I heard who it was, but I don't recall... maybe Stone Ward ... I just hope they didn't pay much for that....

007 License To Squeal

Dana, I wonder if the marketing firm responsible for the logo firm is located in Bentonville? It reminds me of another logo I've seen........Let me think........

dana caldwell

Quote from: football17 on November 24, 2006, 11:19:55 am

I think I heard who it was, but I don't recall... maybe Stone Ward ... I just hope they didn't pay much for that....

one penny=too much!

oh well, enough of this. thanx for the info.

dana caldwell

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 24, 2006, 11:20:37 am

Dana, I wonder if the marketing firm responsible for the logo firm is located in Bentonville? It reminds me of another logo I've seen........Let me think........

sure does. must've saved the stencil set!

code3hawg

The #5 and #8 teams in the Country...playing maybe the biggest game in 10 yrs...and all yall wanted do is B*Tch about the Logo...who Cares...play in the parking lot...i promise u if we win..the logo wont be mentioned.
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 11:21:49 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 24, 2006, 11:20:37 am

sure does. must've saved the stencil set!

Hey, those letters really do look like stencils....LOL!!! That's funny stuf!!

dana caldwell

Quote from: code3hawg on November 24, 2006, 11:22:08 am
The #5 and #8 teams in the Country...playing maybe the biggest game in 10 yrs...and all yall wanted do is B*Tch about the Logo...who Cares...play in the parking lot...i promise u if we win..the logo wont be mentioned.

thanx for coming into a topic u deem useless and taking the time to tell us we are wasting ours!

you're also about the third to do that.

cracks me up!

i care that it looks bush league. but not that much. TWO HOURS, FIVE MINUTES!

WPS!

football17

I remember earlier in the season, the WMS manager, Charlie Staggs, was on "The Show With No Name" and gave a new hat (with the logo) to Tommy Smith... he thought it was a Waste Management hat... pretty funny...

threeNout

November 24, 2006, 11:59:38 am #77 Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:02:37 pm by threeNout
Well, I'll at least say this about the logo and WMS, at least it isn't a corporate affiliation like almost every other venue has gotten. It's better than a big Altel logo at midfield, or calling it "Tyson's War memorial Stadium"  Yes, I realize it's that way because no corporation would want to pay much to have their name added to it, but it is better that way.

It's just War Memorial Stadium, same as it was 60 years ago.

I miss having "Razorback stadium" instead of what we have now known as "Reynold's Razorback stadium" (although the stadium is great!)

What they should have done is what someone suggested a few weeks ago, and put the state flag at midfield, and ARKANSAS at both endzones. That would have been best, it would be a reminder of how the state is united when it comes to the Hogs, and also is just fine for when ASU plays there and all the HS games.

IMAballHawg

We are on National TV, Millions watching and hundreds of thousands getting their first look at the Razorbacks and the Razorback Stadium, and whats the impression they are going to get of where we play?

They are going to think WalMart or WasteManagement paid big money to have their logo on centerfield.
Look at the Texas & A-M game.  They have a sweet custom logo on midfield.. Lone Star Texas Showdown with both teams name in smaller print.  For one game they put a custom Logo Mid-field. 

What does the dump statium in LR do?  They permenantly put their personal logo midfield.  No Arkansas logo, no Razorback Logo.    It looks like crap, does not represent the Hogs at all and its on National TV.

Its embarassing and shows how much the WM folks value the Razorbacks.  (apparently they dont)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

m1a2

The logo looks like crap. Thank god the WHOLE FIELD does not look like trash like it does at RRS. WMS has a horrible logo, RRS has a field fit for a monster truck rally.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: dana caldwell on November 24, 2006, 10:34:49 am
Quote from: hogs25 on November 24, 2006, 10:23:21 am
I don't care if they have Mrs. Huckabee out there necked at midfield as long as we win.

now that's pretty funny right there!

but get off janet!

Miss. Jackson if your nasty...  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

beachhawg

Quote from: HedgeDweller on November 24, 2006, 10:37:19 am
Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 10:01:52 am
they still have that ugly ass thing at mid field. WTH are they thinking? We can expect plenty of ribbing over that one. Horrible.

and pigatron dana, thank you for changing the subject line....

WHO is Pigatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Seems like whoever it is needs to stay off the LSU board.  Mr Pigatron said "We deserve to lose" over the logo.
Bad, Bad, Bad!  A hog fan huh?

OKhogfan1959

I love the games in LR..Don't want to leave that place! If they can't put a Hog on the 50yd line..Don't give them a friggin game again!!!! It's embarrassing..I do not understand that looks awfull! NO Hog no play!! Come on Frank?

HAWGTROT

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 24, 2006, 10:24:01 am
Waste Management.  LOL.
Yea, and this is what was posted on tiggercrap.
"Waste Management in honor of the trash that plays there."
Now lets go kick some a!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: therockdj on November 24, 2006, 12:11:03 pm
Quote from: HedgeDweller on November 24, 2006, 10:37:19 am
Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 10:01:52 am
they still have that ugly ass thing at mid field. WTH are they thinking? We can expect plenty of ribbing over that one. Horrible.

and pigatron dana, thank you for changing the subject line....

WHO is Pigatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Seems like whoever it is needs to stay off the LSU board.  Mr Pigatron said "We deserve to lose" over the logo.
Bad, Bad, Bad!  A hog fan huh?

The same dude that has his own Razorback board and does 90% of the posting.....think about it he use to post here until he was finally banned.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

threeNout

Quote from: IMAballHawg on November 24, 2006, 12:05:55 pm

We are on National TV, Millions watching and hundreds of thousands getting their first look at the Razorbacks and the Razorback Stadium, and whats the impression they are going to get of where we play?

They are going to think WalMart or WasteManagement paid big money to have their logo on centerfield.
Look at the Texas & A-M game.  They have a sweet custom logo on midfield.. Lone Star Texas Showdown with both teams name in smaller print.  For one game they put a custom Logo Mid-field. 

What does War Memorial Stadium statium in LR do?  They permenantly put their personal logo midfield.  No Arkansas logo, no Razorback Logo.    It looks like crap, does not represent the Hogs at all and its on National TV.

Its embarassing and shows how much the WM folks value the Razorbacks.  (apparently they dont)

Those are good points. But I have a feeling the impression that viewers will have after watching us today, will be the product on the field, not the field. The fanatics in the stands will have their part in it too.

The pundits will be talking about DMac, Monk, Dick, the Defense after the game, not the logo.

crowhawg

Quote from: pigatron on November 24, 2006, 11:11:26 am
[

If you must know, I am an LSU alum, but I am a hog fan for life. I got my Ph.D. in chemistry at LSU so I know a lot of those guys. They will make fun of us over that, and in my opinion we deserve it. That thing is horrible. Make no mistake, beating LSU is more important to me than any other game of the year. If we lose, my email inbox and phone will ring off the hook for a week .
[/quote]

No, I must not know where you earned your Ph.D. just like you don't need to know where I earned mine, yes, I have one as well.  If all the LSU fans have to worry about is the logo on the field, bless their hearts.  Too bad you will catch flack if we lose but is seems to me you earned it by going on to the LSU board and bad mouthing something concerning the Hawgs.  Say what you want to about the Hawgs here but don't trash us on another board and call yourself a Razorback fan.