Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 13, 2024, 04:40:58 am

$20 to park at WMS

Started by Immensehog, October 29, 2006, 09:19:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Immensehog

October 29, 2006, 09:19:48 pm Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:42:44 pm by Immensehog
I also thought that  was an excessive fee to park.

Until...

I was one of the last people off the course about 11:30 last night, and I have never seen such an ungodly mess in my life.  Vehicles drove across greens.  Cars driving across bottles and breaking them, I watched a vehicle doing a "donut" while people cheered.  Trash was strewn as far as you could see. 

Now I know why they charge $20 to park.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

1836andon

I'd pay more than $20 to see all that fun.

Immensehog

Not knockin' the fun.

I'm just sayin I now understand the costs involved to clean up the joint.

jkstock04

Quote from: Immensehog on October 29, 2006, 09:19:48 pm
I also thougt that  was an excessive fee to park.

Until...

I was one of the last people off the course about 11:30 last night, and I have never seen such an ungodly mess in my life.  Vehicles drove across greens.  Cars driving across bottles and breaking them, I watched a vehicle doing a "donut" while people cheered.  Trash was strewn as far as you could see. 

HAHAHA!  I know I shouldn't be laughing but that painted a funny picture in my mind....crazy.  Wasn't it only like 5 or 6 years ago it was 5 bucks to park on the golf course?  But jeez...people driving across greens??  Thats a superintendents worst nightmare....lol.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BEERHOG

I payed $5 last year 2 blocks away in a driveway, Thought I was real smart till I got back to my truck and was blocked in----and the a@@hole didn't show up for 2 hours. I finally caught a cab and had to get my truck the next day. next time $20 is a deal.

Hawg_Heaven

I paid $10 to park in a garage and just walked to the golf course.

Squealers

Quote from: 1836andon on October 29, 2006, 09:26:15 pm
I'd pay more than $20 to see all that fun.

Thats pretty damn funny man!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Immensehog

So you really wanna keep Clarksville?

arkjay19

Big Papa Satan

I disagree.

Everything west and north of Clarksville should be ceded to Oklahoma.

Hell, it's embarrassing enough having to claim northwest Arkansas.

cmevere1027

northwest arkansas is arkansas

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on October 29, 2006, 10:13:48 pm
I disagree.

lmao.....that was freakin hilarious

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: cmevere1027 on October 29, 2006, 10:17:02 pm

Actually, it is northwest arkansas!

Cresthog

Quote from: Oliverhogman on October 29, 2006, 09:47:42 pm
Anything East of Clarksville should be sold to Mississippi. 

They would fit right in over there.

Are you kidding me?

94 Hawg

Until...

agreed, the mess was shameful and we all have to pay more money to have a bunch of morons mess cleaned up. >:(
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: 94 Hawg on October 29, 2006, 10:21:13 pm

Until...

agreed, the mess was shameful and we all have to pay more money to have a bunch of morons mess cleaned up. >:(

No offense, but what do you expect when you throw one huge party on a golf course? If you threw a huge party outside your house, your yard would end up being trashed also. The thing is, no matter where you go, when people are drinking, a percentage of them are going to be jackarses!

Sao Ming

Bottles and beer and cheers, OH MY!

A win is a win no matter the greenskeepers opinion...IMO! !

Cresthog

This weekend was a ton of fun. The golf course just seemed to have a little more swagger this year. LSU will be CRAZY! I can't wait.

HogasaurusRex

I paid $30, but was 200 yards from my seats and eating dinner @ Macaronni Grille in West LR 30 minutes AFTER the game.  Best $30 I ever paid!

94 Hawg

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on October 29, 2006, 10:23:35 pm
Quote from: 94 Hawg on October 29, 2006, 10:21:13 pm

Until...

No offense, but what do you expect when you throw one huge party on a golf course? If you threw a huge party outside your house, your yard would end up being trashed also. The thing is, no matter where you go, when people are drinking, a percentage of them are going to be jackarses!
unfortunately yes, I expect that. too bad folks can't act responsibly isn't it.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

hogwild32

What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest Arkansas that frequent this board seem to share?  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

Get over yourselfs.  You guys are no better than anyone else in this state.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: hogwild32 on October 29, 2006, 10:29:52 pm
What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest arkansas that frequent this board seem to share.  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

That is a thing that bugs me also, but it isn't going to change. I don't understand it either.

RazorRyan

Quote from: hogwild32What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest Arkansas that frequent this board seem to share?  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

Get over yourselfs.  You guys are no better than anyone else in this state.

Actually, in many cases, they're far worse than anyone else in the state. Thank god LR isn't composite of backwood rednecks with obnoxious hillbilly attitudes.

Unfortunately, I won't be invited to the weekly square dance festival for my remarks. :(

Cresthog

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on October 29, 2006, 10:31:06 pm
What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest arkansas that frequent this board seem to share.  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

That is a thing that bugs me also, but it isn't going to change. I don't understand it either.

Has always been that way and will continue to be that way.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Cresthog on October 29, 2006, 10:33:44 pm

The sad part about it is, that after I get out of the military, I was thinking of moving up there. If people are this rude, I am not sure I want to now.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on October 29, 2006, 10:37:48 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on October 29, 2006, 10:33:44 pm
What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest Arkansas that frequent this board seem to share.  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

Get over yourselves.  You guys are no better than anyone else in this state.

The sad part about it is, that after I get out of the military, I was thinking of moving up there. If people are this rude, I am not sure I want to now.
I'm moving up there in June and I can assure you there is nothing anyone could post on a message board that would dissuade me from moving to NWA.  30% growth PER YEAR in new business starts is enough to offset any stupid pissing contests on Hogville.  I liken it to saying "well I had a fenderbender, I'm not driving ever again"....

Razor6

Don't let a few rotten apples ruin the whole bunch.

I grew up in LR. I now live in NWA.

It is like the metropolis of Dallas around here most of the time. I love going home to LR. I love going to SE Arkansas to see friends and family.

I love this state. I love the Razorbacks.

Don't let a few rotten apples ruin the whole bunch.

-R6
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Adrenaline_Junkie

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on October 29, 2006, 10:13:48 pm
I disagree.

are u kidding Ugly.................NWA is the only reason ARK gets a good name. Without NWA Arkansas wouldn't be jack

hawgwilde

What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest Arkansas that frequent this board seem to share?  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

Piss off you tool!  The attitude started south and east of Alma LONG ago.  We're just fed up with and are starting to fire back.  However, based on the number of murders x the number of gangs divided by the goofy ass politics = I'll put up with Mexicans ANY day.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Immensehog

October 29, 2006, 10:53:48 pm #29 Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 10:55:34 pm by Immensehog
This was not my intention with this thread.

Trash can please.

hawgwilde

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on October 29, 2006, 10:37:48 pm

No, NWA is NOT that way.  I've seen it more when I've visited relatives in LR than I ever have around NWA.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

hawgwilde

Quote from: Immensehog on October 29, 2006, 10:53:48 pm
This was not my intentions with this thread.

Trash can please.

As usual, some tool hijacked the thread and took it to the crapper.

hogwild32

October 29, 2006, 10:56:58 pm #32 Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:02:19 pm by hogwild32
Arkansas gets a good name?  Last time i checked.  People outside of Arkansas still stereotype us as inbred hillbilllies.  The only reason NWA is what it is would be because of Tyson and Wal-Mart.  Any of you guys on this board own either one of them?  Didnt think so!

Hawgwilde, i posted what i posted because of the fact that i have seen so many NW Arkansas folks piss (figuratively) on the rest of Arkansas so many times and it's ridiculous.  There's a few examples at the start of this thread.  I like the originality of the namecalling.  Did you make that up yourself?

HogasaurusRex

What's up with this "holier than thou" attitude that the people from northwest Arkansas that frequent this board seem to share?  Forget darsider and hugger.  Everybody should start introducing themselves as: "i'm a northwest Arkansan" or "i'm the rest of Arkansas".

Get over yourselfs.  You guys are no better than anyone else in this state.
I'll take "who overeacted to a harmless post" for $500 Alex..... ;D

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: hogwild32 on October 29, 2006, 10:56:58 pm
Arkansas gets a good name?  Last time i checked.  People outside of Arkansas still stereotype us as inbred hillbilllies.  The only reason NWA is what it is would be because of Tyson and Wal-Mart.  Any of you guys on this board own either one of them?  Didnt think so!
Actually I own both; deversify and buy stocks in/from NWA.  It's a smart buy and keeps more money in the state.  JB Hunt and Reynolds good during a bull economy right now....

hawgwilde

Quote from: hogwild32 on October 29, 2006, 10:56:58 pm
Arkansas gets a good name?  Last time i checked.  People outside of Arkansas still stereotype us as inbred hillbilllies.  The only reason NWA is what it is would be because of Tyson and Wal-Mart.  Any of you guys on this board own either one of them?  Didnt think so!

Kind of like the HBO special "Bangin' in the Rock."  Or what about the Showtime special about those devil worshippers killing those 3 kids in the eastern part of the state?  Yeah, that put us in a GREAT light, didn't it?

Immensehog

Trash can!

You mods sleeping one off?

hawgwilde

cubbie

I'm moving up there in June and I can assure you there is nothing anyone could post on a message board that would dissuade me from moving to NWA.  30% growth PER YEAR in new business starts is enough to offset any stupid pissing contests on Hogville.  I liken it to saying "well I had a fenderbender, I'm not driving ever again"....
[/quote]

Just remember before you move up here to The NWA, that the growth is slowing way down. The Housing marked has almost stoped expanding except for coustome built homes and the ones that are here are expensive as crap. Most of the Yankess live in Rogers and Bentonville, so i stay down in fayetteville as much as possible. Traffic is bad mainly becasue of the unrestricted growth and poor planing of Benton county towns. Hope to see you soon when you get up here though.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

Godfather

1 more set of reasons to eliminate the games in LR.  hehe.. 

SMITE AWAY!
WPS to the end.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: cubbie on October 29, 2006, 11:02:53 pm

Just remember before you move up here to The NWA, that the growth is slowing way down. The Housing marked has almost stoped expanding except for coustome built homes and the ones that are here are expensive as crap. Most of the Yankess live in Rogers and Bentonville, so i stay down in fayetteville as much as possible. Traffic is bad mainly becasue of the unrestricted growth and poor planing of Benton county towns. Hope to see you soon when you get up here though.
[/quote]
Thanks; Im retired from the military and get a cost of living raise every year equal to the inflation rate. Compared to where we live the wages are higher, houses are cheaper, and if I cant live w/in 5 minutes of Walmart; I'll send my wife after it! ;D

HOGSWEAT

Outrage I tell you... OUTRAGE!!!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on October 29, 2006, 10:51:36 pmWithout NWA Arkansas wouldn't be jack

The only thing NWA is good for is the setting for a Deliverance sequel.

HogasaurusRex

YAWN, not fishing tomorrow; no bait needed, no bait taken.....

Kodiak

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on October 29, 2006, 10:20:19 pm
Quote from: cmevere1027 on October 29, 2006, 10:17:02 pm

Actually, it is northwest arkansas!

No !   He was right in the first place. :)

Unca Ivan !   Ya wanna move up here??

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on October 29, 2006, 11:21:04 pm
The only thing NWA is good for is the setting for a Deliverance sequel.
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

jwaldhog

October 29, 2006, 11:39:39 pm #45 Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:43:06 pm by jwaldhog
Don't worry everybody NWA will change its tune when 540 will become so congested people have to leave 1.5 hours early for a 30 mile drive.  Or when the droves of latinos bring the LA gangs with them and retaliate after a Rogers policeman beats a hispanic down after years of suspected racial profiling.
NWA can think its crape don't stink but give that wonderful engine called economic growth and sprawl a few more years.  Traffic, crime, housing, a racial divide - all those problems will be beating down the door.  NWA is nice now, but NWA Regional Planning Commission isn't doing its job or rather hasn't been doing its job because really they should have been more proactive 10 years ago.

LR isn't better than NWA and NWA isn't God's gift to the state of Arkansas.  We're all Arkansans not NW Arkies or SE Arkies and we're in this boat together.  One state under Hog!

Immensehog

I do not recall it ever being as trashed as Saturday night.  I commented to my brother that the cleanup could take days.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Kodiak on October 29, 2006, 11:27:12 pmUnca Ivan !   Ya wanna move up here??

Not if the entire region was given to me.

If it were, I'd sell it to Oklahoma.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jwaldhog on October 29, 2006, 11:39:39 pmLR isn't better than NWA and NWA isn't God's gift to the state of Arkansas.  We're all Arkansans not NW Arkies or SE Arkies and we're in this boat together.  One state under Hog!

That's exactly right, and it's all kidding aside.

Hog in MO

Can't we all just get along?  :'(

Seriously - I live in MO now but was born In Pine Bluff, raised in Texarkana and lived in Fayetteville for 10 years.  I've spent plenty of time in all corners of AR and nobody from any area of the state has any right saying anything derogatory about any other area of it.  It makes no difference anyway - the rest of the country will still see all of us as nothing but inbred redneck hillbillies and they don't qualify that opinion based on what part of AR you live in. 

Let's focus our hatred where it belongs - Texass!! - and the rest of the SEC.