May 07, 2024, 09:46:04 am

College Gameday

Started by sevohog, August 24, 2006, 06:27:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevohog

Will College Gameday be here for the USC game? :razorback:

cubbie

NO.  GT and ND Sux i know
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

SPAL

im only speculating, but im sure they will be where their love child ND is playing.

razorhog29

Has gameday ever been to fayetville

Buff

2004 texass game i believe

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

SPAL

Quote from: Yindao on August 24, 2006, 08:16:33 pm
Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on August 24, 2006, 08:16:15 pm
2004 texass game i believe
no

and until we return to respectability and get out of the medicrity we are in, we wont be the host for gameday anytime soon.

RhodeHog

If we would have kept it somewhat close last year, I think they would have considered coming for our game.

Buff

sorry - was just wishful thinking

lechon

Quote from: razorhog29 on August 24, 2006, 08:13:03 pm

1996 or 1997 Florida game. I do believe.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

woodhog14

Quote from: razor9 on August 24, 2006, 11:01:09 pm

Never, ever, ever, has ESPN's College Gameday been to Fayetteville.  Especially in '96 or '97 when we went 4-7 in both of those years.

MDW

Quote from: razor9 on August 24, 2006, 11:01:09 pm

Please see the other responses above.  Gameday has NEVER been to Fayetteville for a game.

But I think we'll see them here within the next three years.

Burnt Orange Sucks

The only tome GAMEDAY has been to Arkansas was 3 yars ago in Little Rock when the Hogs dismantled South Carolina.
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

woodhog14

Quote from: Burnt Orange Sucks on August 24, 2006, 11:17:04 pm
The only tome GAMEDAY has been to Arkansas was 3 yars ago in Little Rock when the Hogs dismantled South Carolina.

Gameday was not there for that either.  That was a Thursday night ESPN game. Yes Herbstreit and Corso were the announcers, but Gameday is on Saturday, not Thursday.  Once again people,  GAMEDAY HAS NEVER BEEN TO A RAZORBACK GAME IN FAYETTEVILLE OR LITTLE ROCK!!!!!!!!

Marshfieldhog

Gameday was here for the Southwest Missouri State game last year

woodhog14

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on August 24, 2006, 11:34:36 pm

That's just funny right there!!  :D :D :D

PulledPork

back to the original question.....yes, no or maybe?

Pulled out...

hogfan064

Quote from: PulledPork on August 24, 2006, 11:42:16 pm
back to the original question.....yes, no or maybe?

Pulled out...

No, Gameday stated several months ago that they will be in Atlanta opening week.  Now they might also do a Gameday next Thursday in Starkville similar to what they did in Spurrier's first game last year on a Thurdsday night

Every SEC team has hosted a Gameday except Arkansas, MSU, Ole Miss, UK, and Vandy.  If Vandy would have beaten MTSU last year they were likely to have shown up in Nashville for the Vandy(5-0) vs LSU(4-1) game.

John Futrall

I heard that Gameday is coming to Little Rock for the ASU/OSU game..

Tusks

August 25, 2006, 08:42:10 am #20 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:11:19 am by nutted
A lot of it has to do with what network the game is on that gameday is attending.  They'll go to SEC schools who's game is on CBS if its such a big game they can't ignore it.

Most of the time they attend games that are on ABC, sometimes they will push the feature night game on ESPN but usually that's when the Big10 decides to play a night game, which they do like 4 times a year.

So the Hogs need a game that's so big that Gameday can't ignore it even if its on CBS, or be so good that when they play an out of conference game and it gets picked up by ABC, they come to Fayetteville.  Being on CBS plays into it some, not being national ranked plays into it more.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: HoopHog on August 25, 2006, 07:54:37 am
Quote from: cubbie on August 24, 2006, 06:28:03 pm
NO.  GT and ND Sux i know

Gameday's first appearance at a Notre Dame game was last season when ND played USC.  Now, if you are one of the big 3 Florida schools (or Tennessee), Gameday has been on your campus multiple times.  That is all! :D

GO IRISH!
GO HOGS!!

Gameday doesn't go to ND because that's Beano's territory.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on August 24, 2006, 11:34:36 pm

did they figure it would be a nail biter
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hogsNbeer

When we are not Kentucky, Vandy, and the Miss's......and start winning consistently.....They'll come to Fayetteville.......Peace out.. :razorback:

hogfan064

Why they chose USC-UGA over Arkansas-Texas will forever be beyond me.  Both games turned out to be very good, but USC was coming off a 5-7 season and we were coming off a 9-4 season and beat UT in 03

LA HAWG

I thought this might be an interesting thread to bump.  This is from August. 

I bet the people that think gameday has been to a Razorback game are the same people that swear HDN has been to the SECCG twice.  ::)

HogHillbilly

Why would you spend time looking for this ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HogISH™

why? to clutter the mmq more?

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

rayzorbacks

they'll come to fayetteville if we beat south caro especially if we kill em