Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema opens up about his wife receiving death threats and life in the SEC

Started by RunDMC901, December 19, 2013, 01:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RunDMC901

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 20, 2013, 09:04:20 am
I can see that.  It was meant to read that I didn't agree with how he called some players out.  But...he did it mildly, and if you'll notice...it seemed like the effort improved once it was said.  Sometimes it's hard to know when to say the difficult things that aren't always taken well from the outside, but it didn't hurt morale in that instance, and in fact...it almost seemed to help accountability. 

So...maybe there was a method to his madness.  I may not like it...but it doesn't necessarily make it wrong.  See where I'm going with that? 

If he sees less than 100% effort, how does it help anything to stand there and take bullets and accept all of the blame?  In some regard, doesn't that almost give the players an out if they're dogging it?  In almost every instance, he came back the next week an acknowledged renewed commitment by the players who received criticism.   

All I know is this...following the most outward comments, it seemed the defensive effort improved.  Just sayin'....

That makes sense...as outsiders we don't necessarily see the "big picture" or behind the scenes of what happens after the presser / interview.  There most likely is method to his madness as he appears to be an intelligent individual, and as fans we (I) have to adjust to how things are done.  Anyway, I haven't been the greatest supporter of him and this hire, but no one is asking for my input.  I can try to take of my anit-bert shaded glasses and reexamine his processes, because you are right there was improvement after said issues.

nearkguy

I am happy with CBB, its obvious he and Jen have learned a social media lesson.

First of all, if they got death threats, it had to be Badger fans and not hog fans.

Second, if they got death threats, did they have them investigated?  is he considering the insults, nasty comments, etc, death threats?

Third, Jen's #karma tweet was really a stupid thing to do.   Wisconsin got screwed that night and ridiculous that previous coach or wife or family would rub that in. 

SEC comments.  I think he is spot on. 

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 20, 2013, 06:31:20 am
Putting your name and number on here where we all disagree sometimes and sometimes vigorously could be detrimental to your business. Kind of like wearing an OU shirt to work on the OSU head coaches house........................................

This is LSU territory as much as it is Hog territory.  I doubt anyone around here even knows what Hogville is.  Besides, I try to pick and choose who I work for anyway.  ;)

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on December 20, 2013, 05:37:29 am
How old do you think CBB is? He was born in 1970. If you were born around that time your dad to have been in his 50s to have you since he was a WW II sailor.

Dad was born in 1924, and I was born in 1967 (BB is a couple of years younger than I thought.)

Quote from: sowmonella on December 20, 2013, 06:49:34 am
I'm starting a boycott in Lake Village.

Fine, cause your price would have been outta sight, anyway.  :P

My dad told me years ago that if you ever see a Dodge pickup or a horsetrailer in a man's yard, add $500 to the job because he's gonna be a pain in the ass.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RunDMC901 on December 20, 2013, 09:13:12 am
That makes sense...as outsiders we don't necessarily see the "big picture" or behind the scenes of what happens after the presser / interview.  There most likely is method to his madness as he appears to be an intelligent individual, and as fans we (I) have to adjust to how things are done.  Anyway, I haven't been the greatest supporter of him and this hire, but no one is asking for my input.  I can try to take of my anit-bert shaded glasses and reexamine his processes, because you are right there was improvement after said issues.

Believe me...I get it.  Clearly.  When I first heard of some of his twitter activity, I cringed.  LedZep and I were on here to quickly say that we didn't care for it, and thought it was a mistake to "lower himself to arguing with the masses" when people said disparaging things.  Then as I read more, it hit me that the good has to be weighed against the bad.  If he's getting through to recruits with twitter, and the young kids actually respond to him defending himself, then that's far more important than what a mid forties guy who sees absolutely no value or interest in ever using twitter thinks. 

So...I changed my stance a bit on that subject.  I'm willing to accept that he has a right to defend himself just like anyone else on twitter, within reason and without stooping to a level that is too low, and while I can judge him based on what I think is appropriate, it doesn't dictate how it appeals to his target audience.  I will likely never agree with it, but unless the UA has an issue, or it is negatively affecting the program in terms of recruiting or on the field performance, it's just a personal thing and it doesn't make me right.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LZH

Xx, after Pearl Harbor, Dad joined the Navy by lying about his age.  He said that the idea then was to do it before you got drafted, so at least you could kinda pick what you were gonna be doing.  Serving on a destroyer sounded alot better (safer) than trudging across Europe carrying a rifle.  Alot of kids did that.

I'm glad we had several years to talk about that time in his life, traveling to his USS Foote reunions and all.  Those were very interesting people, his shipmates...the backbone of this country.  I learned an awful lot.

I may be all for long hair and rock & roll, but I picked up his lack of patience for BS.  No secret there.

superior_wang

hes only 43? dang whats he do eat cheeseburgers n chainsmoke all day? he needs to start taking care of himself a bit.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: nearkguy on December 20, 2013, 09:48:25 am
I am happy with CBB, its obvious he and Jen have learned a social media lesson.

First of all, if they got death threats, it had to be Badger fans and not hog fans.

Second, if they got death threats, did they have them investigated?  is he considering the insults, nasty comments, etc, death threats?

Third, Jen's #karma tweet was really a stupid thing to do.   Wisconsin got screwed that night and ridiculous that previous coach or wife or family would rub that in. 

SEC comments.  I think he is spot on. 

Anyone found guilty of death threats that goes to prison will not be allowed to post here.  This is a board for Razorback fans.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hobhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 19, 2013, 01:43:42 pm
I'm not making excuses.... I'm just saying welcome to the world we live in.

Don't put yourself and your family in that situation in the first place would be my advice.

WTH?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 20, 2013, 08:21:52 am
You really have some comprehension issues if you believe that.  There are hundreds of cases EVERY year where rapists will hold women down against their will and threaten rape just for the physical thrill of it.  They will do it over and over in some cases, and women are too afraid for their lives to report it.  They will sometimes do this MULTIPLE times without ever actually physically raping the victim. 

Now..you explain to me how that's not more than enough to ruin a person's life.  It's assault, but it's not rape in the technical sense.  It's still a heinous act that is done EVERY day to multiple women. 

Death threats have been the known cause for many celebrities to seclude themselves and fear public appearances.  It has ruined many of their lives.  Are you going to argue that they should have never chosen show business if they didn't want crazies giving them death threats. 

You people will go to any lengths you can to disparage BB and Jen.  It's appalling, and I would ban every single one of you if I owned this site.  It's ludicrous that we have even one person in this thread that has said a negative word toward either of them.  Neither of them has done anything to deserve a death threat.  NOTHING   

You are the one with the problem.  Did anybody hold anyone down in this instance? Did anything physical happen at all. Nobody said anyone deserved a death threat you moron.  Were you put on this board to piss me off with your nancy ways !

Cap'n skittles just quit your job and run the streets saving the innocent for crimes that might or might not happen.

Let's make some waves.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: RunDMC901 on December 20, 2013, 08:57:34 am
I thought you weren't agreeing when it said "Do I agree...  Nope."  Apologies

Do not argue with skittles.  If you do not agree you are wrong and can't comprehend.
Let's make some waves.