Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 07, 2024, 02:42:48 pm

$12,000 for courtside seat?

Started by Boarcephus, December 16, 2008, 07:17:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Assuming you had the cash, would you pony up that kind of money to set courtside?  That's what the price is for the new seats at BWA this year and they are courtside.   I'd think for $12,000 I want something with a little better overall view and I darn sure wouldn't want people to know I paid that kind of money for them.  Thoughts?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Razors84

If I move down from the rafters to sit in those seats is it a felony or misdemeanor?  ;D

George S. Pigton

Buddy of mine got to sit down there about two weeks ago, said it was a great
seat and he wishes he had the scratch to make them his. 
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

HawgWild

I never saw the fans in those seats stand up and cheer during the playing of the game when a good play was made. I wonder if they are told to refrain from doing that as a condition of having one of the "vanity Seats" Of course, I was focused on the play more than them so I might have missed it if they did stand up.

But, back to your question, "No", I'd rather have half court 5th row seats.

JFHWGBKRIII

Wife and I have seats on row 24 in the West end.  I would not like the seats because you just can't see all the players and floor.  Action right in front of you blocks the entire court set up.

McKdaddy

Quote from: JFHWGBKRIII on December 16, 2008, 09:48:55 am
Wife and I have seats on row 24 in the West end.  I would not like the seats because you just can't see all the players and floor.  Action right in front of you blocks the entire court set up.

My seats on row "h" are too low for my preference--I'm not going to change as we have sat there since BWA's inaugural season and I've gotten to know the peeps around me fairly well--but optimally would like to be a few rows higher.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogjammin

The reason you buy them is so people know how much money you spent.  It's not that they're worth it, but it's an ego buy.  I would bet most of these were bought by companies to use on clients.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HawgWild on December 16, 2008, 09:47:12 am
I never saw the fans in those seats stand up and cheer during the playing of the game when a good play was made. I wonder if they are told to refrain from doing that as a condition of having one of the "vanity Seats" Of course, I was focused on the play more than them so I might have missed it if they did stand up.

They aren't allowed to stand up per NCAA rules. It's the same reason refs give techincals to team benches for standing up.

I wouldn't even consider paying $12k per seat unless it reclined, had food service delivered, and had a radio/tv feed (via earpiece) to the game attached to the chair. And even then I better get some real deal VIP perks.

Hell, in all honesty, most are gonna to pay $24k. Who the hell buys one seat? That's someone's entry level salary. I love being in the lower level stands with the masses. Getting to yell and applaud as a real 6th man, that's the most valuable spot in my eyes.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogjammin on December 16, 2008, 11:43:41 am
The reason you buy them is so people know how much money you spent.  It's not that they're worth it, but it's an ego buy.  I would bet most of these were bought by companies to use on clients.

I normally see Cameron Smith, two empty seats (usually occupied by UA counsel Scott Varady and guest), and a bunch of old people.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

WPSportsman1

I had season tickets for the Grizzlies, and they moved some of us down from the nose bleeds to court side seats. That was an NBA game and pretty neat.. but its pretty sad that the entire lower bowl is empty at the FedEx Forum.

opineonswine

Quote from: JFHWGBKRIII on December 16, 2008, 09:48:55 am

no it doesn't

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

dr_arkansawyer

I got a couple of courtside seats at Sam's Club last Saturday for $9999 each.  But I had to buy two.  That's how they get you.
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA