Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee vs. Arkansas recruiting

Started by ALLVOL, July 16, 2007, 11:42:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

July 16, 2007, 11:42:52 am Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:44:25 am by Richard Davenport
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 16, 2007, 11:33:48 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 16, 2007, 11:10:17 am
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 16, 2007, 11:02:46 am
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on July 16, 2007, 09:49:41 am
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 16, 2007, 09:14:16 am
I guess Tennessee (possible), Ole Miss, and Miss State having offers on the table means nothing, just the fact that UTM sent one. 

Oh, well. 
TN hasn't offered him and I'll bet they will not. And given the fact that Ole Miss and Miss St. are the only two SEC teams that the Hogs can beat consistently, battling them for a recruit is nothing to brag about. About the same as battling Middle TN and UT-Martin for one.
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 16, 2007, 10:52:52 am
Quote from: saywhat? on July 16, 2007, 10:49:42 am
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on July 16, 2007, 09:49:41 am
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 16, 2007, 09:14:16 am
I guess Tennessee (possible), Ole Miss, and Miss State having offers on the table means nothing, just the fact that UTM sent one. 

Oh, well. 
TN hasn't offered him and I'll bet they will not. And given the fact that Ole Miss and Miss St. are the only two SEC teams that the Hogs can beat consistently, battling them for a recruit is nothing to brag about. About the same as battling Middle TN and UT-Martin for one.

If UT offers would that change your opinion?  There is no need in hating on a recruit, if you wanna do that take your ass back to MMQB.  That crap doesn't fly over here.

How was I hating on the kid? Show me 1 negative thing I said? You can't. The truth is the truth. Period. IF UT offers him it will be at the very end and means we missed out on another player and no, my opinion would still be the same. I try to base my opinions on fact not emotion.

Tennessee always has better recruiting classes than Arkansas which proved extremely relevant in their 31-14 loss in Fayettville.  Stars are important, and has a lot to do with Tennessee signing a class of 32 last year.

Like I said, one year does not a program make. I would not trade our last ten years for the Hogs last ten years.

You do know that Tennessee has already offered two players from Arkansas, that Arkansas has not offered.  It seems like Tennessee spends more time in Arkansas than they do in Tennessee.  They have offered more players from Arkansas than Tulsa.  For people from Tennessee to talk about Arkansas they sure do seem to love the A. 

I do like Arkansas. In fact it is my team that I root for in the SECW. I would rank the Hogs as my #2 team. Ive came to Arkasas games for several games. I was actually not only at the UT hogs game but I happen to get a chance to watch the LSU hogs game in LR last year. I also know that UT has had some good players from Arky. And I was not bashing the kid at all just stating facts.

Who are the 2 kids from Arky that we offered other than the APB from South Arky? Just curious.

HognotinMemphis

Sounds like, can teach him, can coach him up, hasn't played his senior year yet, etc.

Great arsenal of rationalities for recruiting a player and offering a scholie to a player who has offers from Middle TN St., the Miss schools and UT-Martin.

Maybe Frank was right...our potential in the SEC is 7th or 8th...certainly as long as Nutt is competing for recruits against only the 4 teams worse than we are in the SEC and other mid-level programs like Middle TN State.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ilovepinebluff

I love how he says that McFadden will win the Heisman.

mrcrowley

July 16, 2007, 02:47:12 pm #3 Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:50:29 pm by mrcrowley
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on July 16, 2007, 02:39:50 pm
Sounds like, can teach him, can coach him up, hasn't played his senior year yet, etc.

Great arsenal of rationalities for recruiting a player and offering a scholie to a player who has offers from Middle TN St., the Miss schools and UT-Martin.

Maybe Frank was right...our potential in the SEC is 7th or 8th...certainly as long as Nutt is competing for recruits against only the 4 teams worse than we are in the SEC and other mid-level programs like Middle TN State.
i wonder who all offered Jerry Rice before he signed on to play for Mississippi Valley State
an Andre Reed who went to mighty Kutztown U.

beansandtaters

Look, HDNs recruiting ranking bothers me as much as the next guy. But, there are guys out there who have simply not been evaluated yet (ie Jeff Little) who have unbelievable measurables and are worth taking a chance on before everyone else starts noticing them. That way, when the big boys do notice them they have to remember that Arkansas was the first good program to show interest. That helps. Waiting hurt us last year with players such as Broderick Green.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ntubjr

Mark, you are always negative . I do not believe you are a hog fan but rather a Tiger out to stir up discontent.Obviously you are not stupid enough to believe that just because MT offered,thrn we should not.I certainly trust a RH evaluation over a guru like you

ALLVOL

Everyone remembers the diamonds in the rough. But most and by a large margin, most turn out to be about what they are predicted. There are exceptions to the rule but they are usually on or they would lose their jobs. By they I mean college scouts who do work for coaches. I'm not bashing the kid and I hope he turns out for you. Arky is def the best offer he has had.

Bomis Hawg

Bama passed on Phillip Rivers and Terrell Owens.  Both produced.
How many teams like MTSU or ULM or A-State offered 2-star guys in their own state?
I'm sure plenty.  I'll take Austin Eoff.  Didn't they get an offer from Tulsa?
I bet A-State might have.  But, I guess that means we should not take him.

The Coletrain

This kid sounds like a jewel for Herring.  Great interview, TRG! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mrcrowley on July 16, 2007, 02:47:12 pm

i wonder who all offered Jerry Rice before he signed on to play for Mississippi Valley State

Offering up a 1 in a million example in reply does not do anything for your credibility.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

arklahoman36

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 16, 2007, 12:34:31 pm
Quote from: arklahoman36 on July 16, 2007, 07:44:20 am
Quote from: beansandtaters on July 15, 2007, 11:25:34 pm
Great interview Richard! This guy is a must get. Come on over Elijah! I want to see a 6'4" LB laying some wood!

What makes him a must get?
I have a feeling Richard could invent a player, put up a phony interview and there would be at least a few people that would start saying the kid is a must get prospect.

Did you see his size and speed? Best combination of anyone we're recruiting. THAT'S what makes him a must get. He's adaptable to many positions. THAT's what makes him a must get. I'd rather have him on my team than Ole Miss, MS St., or TN. I guess you may disagree.

I saw his size and speed, only I don't know if that information is verified by someone other than him. I say that, because he told Richard he had more tackles and sacks than he told an interviewer for Scout about 2 months ago.

I don't think that simply because he might be able to play several positions, that makes him a must get, unless you know you aren't going to get a player targeted for a specific position that a kid like this can fill.

I didn't say the kid may not end up being a solid college football player. 

I was commenting on the fact that a lot of people on here start with the "must get," mantra without knowing anything more than what the kid himself is telling you -- and the kids, like it or not aren't always a totally reliable source (not a shot at this kid, a general comment).

mj4president

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on July 16, 2007, 05:45:02 pm

Offering up a 1 in a million example in reply does not do anything for your credibility.

Agreed. You also failed to mention the thousands of players just like him that didn't hardly do anything and are working 9 to 5 jobs. T.O. Rice, and Reed are exceptions along with a few others.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mrcrowley

July 17, 2007, 07:57:58 am #13 Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:01:40 am by mrcrowley

your not seeing two examples dosent say much for either your reading or math skills.

mrcrowley

Quote from: mj4president on July 16, 2007, 07:04:45 pm

Agreed. You also failed to mention the thousands of players just like him that didn't hardly do anything and are working 9 to 5 jobs. T.O. Rice, and Reed are exceptions along with a few others.
i didnt mention the 4 an 5 star players doing the exact same thing either