Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For folks who keep saying it's time to move on to Ole miss

Started by forrest city joe, October 17, 2009, 11:10:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Not yet. i can not move on right now. yea there is nothing that can be done because the game is over. but there is no way in hell that it's time to let this go. these refs should be fired for cheating us out of this game. i have been listen to sports radio from coast to coast tonight. and even fans that dont have a dog in the hunt saw what happen. im sick and tired of being screwed by the sec and their refs. i will move on. but not right now. i have never been this outraged in my life about a game. we had that game and they took it from us.im not going to move on  right now.

racinghog

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 17, 2009, 11:10:28 pm
Not yet. i can not move on right now. yea there is nothing that can be done because the game is over. but there is no way in hell that it's time to let this go. these refs should be fired for cheating us out of this game. i have been listen to sports radio from coast to coast tonight. and even fans that dont have a dog in the hunt saw what happen. im sick and tired of being screwed by the sec and their refs. i will move on. but not right now. i have never been this outraged in my life about a game. we had that game and they took it from us.im not going to move on  right now.
I'm standing right beside you brother.
Bad officiating and a few bad calls is one thing, and we've all seen that, today was quite another, it was an out and out blatant screw job.

HogFansince1961

jmingram911

Preach it, Brother Joe!!!

FCJ, are you surprised with how much the defense has improved in the past 3-4 games?

TNRazorbacker

I'm sorry man. I don't know what to tell you.

I knew a kid in middle school that would staple himself or bang his head on something when he was frustrated. Looked a bit harsh to me but seemed to work for him?

Chad In Real Life

We lost this game on our own. No the refs didnt help but we missed two field goals, and missed two TD's in the end zones.  Not to mention several missed 1st down plays.

Why stay mad about the refs? Theyre not going to change the outcome of the game, no matter how much we complain..
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on October 17, 2009, 11:18:15 pm
We lost this game on our own. No the refs didnt help but we missed two field goals, and missed two TD's in the end zones.  Not to mention several missed 1st down plays.

Why stay mad about the refs? Theyre not going to change the outcome of the game, no matter how much we complain..

It's not about changing the outcome of "THIS" game, it's about getting these officials that are either to inept to be calling a major college football game, or are just out and out cheats off of the field, so that the players are allowed to decide the game, as opposed to allowing these idiots to shaft even one more team out of a possible win they worked their @$$ off for!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Calling All Hogs

We looked like a totally different team than just three weeks ago and got the attention of the nation. Our defense was so good I thought they were going to ask Tebow "paper or plastic".  So yes. I have moved on.

forrest city joe

Are you freaking kidding me? you watched that screw job and come here blamming our players. WHAT A JOKE! the sec refs gave florida this game. no matter how many mistakes we made. i will not move on until this corrupion is exposed.

Wildhog

You're right, Joe.  Those calls were atrocious, and those refs should be reprimanded. But we didn't make all the big plays that you have to make to beat the no. 1 team in the country.  We didn't capitalize on turnovers.  We missed field goals.  We missed easy completions (for TDs).  We had the game in hand and lost it.  The refs made sure we wouldn't get another shot.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ur

It has been 51 weeks since I stood in RRS and watched that POS and his crew celebrate on our field, I am ready for "Kick the living crap out of Dale Week" and at midnight it starts for me.

3kgthog

I can move on to next weekend because I can sit here knowing that we outplayed Florida today. I don't care what that scoreboard says. I know who was hitting who harder and who was making the extra effort plays to win that game. It was our guys.

I'm mad as hell about the officiating, but I'm confident in that very soon we are going to be good enough to win despite their best efforts to keep the higher rated SEC teams at the top.

bigdaddyhawg

Poor officiating on pass interference is one thing.  I've come to expect that from SEC officials.  They RARELY get one right.  I'm not sure how they can almost always get it wrong, but they do.

But that personal foul penalty was the call that is very, very suspicious.  The ref that threw the flag had the ENTIRE action in front of him.  He saw the O lineman moving in to smoke Malcolm.  If anything, it should have been both ways -- that's worse case.

For him to throw that flag in such a key spot, to me shows influence from somewhere else than the action on the field.  I don't know what that would be, whether it's the SEC office protecting their #1 ranked team who they want to bring the the big BCS bucks, or if it is just that official's personal preference who he wanted to win.  But either way, that is some fishy smelling crap right there.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 17, 2009, 11:34:26 pm
Are you freaking kidding me? you watched that screw job and come here blamming our players. WHAT A JOKE! the sec refs gave florida this game. no matter how many mistakes we made. i will not move on until this corrupion is exposed.

No offense but it seems like most of your posts are irrational and fueled by high blood pressure. The fact is we left 20 points on the field.  Had we gotten those plays I seriously doubt you would be screaming bloody murder about the refs, they would probably be an after thought.  Thats football, do everything you can to keep it out of the refs hands.

razorhog29

We lost this game on our own. No the refs didn't help but we missed two field goals, and missed two TD's in the end zones.  Not to mention several missed 1st down plays.

You know I'm tired of this argument. A team does not have to score every opportunity  to win a ball game. The fact is the refs gave Florida a free ride to the goal line.  The SEC refs have been awful for years now but this is just the biggest hosing ever to be aired on national TV . Football fans nation wide are upset and should be. Something has to give. I believe the CBS crew used the word Ticky Tac .

arkjay19

Haha, so if you're not griping about the coach you're blaming the refs?

That wasn't even the worst crew we've had this year.  They gave the Gators their last 10 points, but Arkansas still could/should have won that game.  I'm moving on, easily.

ProfusionalHog

I'm sadly numb to the pain after the many times refs have screwed us before.  Basketball and football. 

weresoclose

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on October 17, 2009, 11:52:32 pm
No offense but it seems like most of your posts are irrational and fueled by high blood pressure. The fact is we left 20 points on the field.  Had we gotten those plays I seriously doubt you would be screaming bloody murder about the refs, they would probably be an after thought.  Thats football, do everything you can to keep it out of the refs hands.

We didn't leave 20 points on the field b/c there was no guarantee Tejada would have made the extra points.

ark525

I think the bigger issue here is that its not just us- SEC refs have been repeatedly hosing calls and teams for several seasons.  Look at the guy who tackled a freaking player last year in the LSU/USC-e game, or the LSU/GA game this year.  None of those guys have been reprimanded, fined, fired, etc. for doing pi$$ poor jobs- all thats been done is the SEC says 'they should do a better job' and moves on.

NCAA refs in general and SEC refs in particular are HORRIBLE any way you slice it, and they've been influencing the outcomes of many games, often in favor of traditional powers.  Coincidence?  Probably so, but that doesn't mean we as fans shouldn't be concerned that games might be influenced outside of the young men actually doing the playing.

Don't kid yourself.  NCAA football is big business, and many people stand to lose a lot of short-term money if traditional powers don't win the games they're supposed to.

razorback93

Even my father, who is most definitely not one of those "blame the refs everytime AR loses" guys, said commented that the refs bailed FLA out.  the pass interference was questionable b/c it seemed like they were letting them play all game, and then, suddenly that call everything when fla needs help.

bpoecell

I agree with you that a couple of questionable calls would've been an afterthought if Mallett hits those wide open touchdowns in the endzone, but in a close game like that the officials have to back of and let them play the game.

They handed Florida 30 yards as soon as they crossed the 50, and put our defense in a very tough spot. That directly influenced the outcome of the game. With the way our D was playing, it's feasible that we don't let them get into the endzone without that free 30 yards. Of course, we still had an opportunity that Tejada shanked away, but that's for a different thread...

Hollywood_HOGan45

the SEC refs were just awful but.....Tejada missed TWO kicks inside 40 yards. Terrible.
Plus the offense just couldnt punch it to the endzone when we had the chance.

Too many missed opportunities. We should have put the game out of reach so the refs couldnt screw us.

press ham

it's sunday now. that means it's ole miss week. we need to focus all our attention on pounding dale and his msm!

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: bpoecell on October 18, 2009, 12:06:36 am
I agree with you that a couple of questionable calls would've been an afterthought if Mallett hits those wide open touchdowns in the endzone, but in a close game like that the officials have to back of and let them play the game.

They handed Florida 30 yards as soon as they crossed the 50, and put our defense in a very tough spot. That directly influenced the outcome of the game. With the way our D was playing, it's feasible that we don't let them get into the endzone without that free 30 yards. Of course, we still had an opportunity that Tejada shanked away, but that's for a different thread...

Oh I agree completely, and im not saying we shouldnt blame the refs. Not at all, but im just stating there are other things we could have done that would have nullified that. Is it bullsh*t absolutely its bullsh*t.   Do the media, the refs and the SEC show Florida favortism....honestly w/out a doubt, and no the SEC officiating across the board isnt fair but we could have overcome all that and STILL won...convincingly. I guess thats what bothers me the most.

I am ready to move on to Ole Miss and beat the living dog crap out of them....and then the next team, and then the next...

trashcan maN

Quote from: ark525 on October 18, 2009, 12:02:23 am
I think the bigger issue here is that its not just us- SEC refs have been repeatedly hosing calls and teams for several seasons.  Look at the guy who tackled a freaking player last year in the LSU/USC-e game, or the LSU/GA game this year.  None of those guys have been reprimanded, fined, fired, etc. for doing pi$$ poor jobs- all thats been done is the SEC says 'they should do a better job' and moves on.

NCAA refs in general and SEC refs in particular are HORRIBLE any way you slice it, and they've been influencing the outcomes of many games, often in favor of traditional powers.  Coincidence?  Probably so, but that doesn't mean we as fans shouldn't be concerned that games might be influenced outside of the young men actually doing the playing.

Don't kid yourself.  NCAA football is big business, and many people stand to lose a lot of short-term money if traditional powers don't win the games they're supposed to.

This.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but if you don't think that money trumps everything in this world, you are naive.  A sad but true realization..CFB IS a big business and more money goes in more people's pockets when national powers are winning.  This is fact.  Just today my buddy told me that if IA goes undefeated and makes it in the National Championship it will be bullcrap..That's the attitude of the nation..people don't want to see non-powerhouse teams playing in big bowl games, which hurts ratings which means less money. 

Ugly Uncle

Okay...

So Georgia vs. LSU

Who was the higher rated team in the SEC and country?  With the win, the SEC would have 3 of the top 4 teams.  Bigger money for the LSU vs. Florida game.

Now, does the SEC benefit from Arkansas winning?  Nope.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy...but there is definitely a bias.  Officials know this.  Officials talk about this.  Don't fool yourself. 
Retired Radio Host

jmingram911

Quote from: press ham on October 18, 2009, 12:09:28 am
it's sunday now. that means it's ole miss week. we need to focus all our attention on pounding dale and his msm!

Yes, Lord!!  Let's beat the hell out of the Right Reverend and his Ole Piss Rebelettes!!!

BCS or Bust

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 18, 2009, 12:07:19 am
the SEC refs were just awful but.....Tejada missed TWO kicks inside 40 yards. Terrible.

Too many missed opportunities. We should have put the game out of reach so the refs couldnt screw us.

Totally dude.  I can't believe we didn't just blow Florida out in the swamp.

I am sure most people here picked us to win and we just didn't get it done.

Can't blame refs when you let the #1 team in the nation hang around.    ;)

neahogfan

I was always taught when you play a perfect game, then you can expect the refs to call a perfect game.  While the refs were awful, that is beyond the control of our team and coaches.  I think it is better for our team to concentrate on fixing the mistakes we did make.  The motto of every coach is never get too high or too low; you need to find a steady median to stay competitive over a full season.

hoglady

To those of you who say we should have converted the turnovers.
That can go both ways - Florida shouldn't have committed the turnovers.
Players are going to make mistakes, field goals get missed - both sides had plenty of those tonight.

But the Florida drive to tie the game is where this game was lost. And that drive was aided by 2 phantom calls, that weren't even close. The officials are either horrible at their jobs or they cheated. And then as icing on the cake the no call for offensive pass interference was huge.

Today went way beyond inept calls - this one makes you really wonder what the refs marching orders were prior to game time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HoosierDaddy

There are so many factors that contributed, you can't just put it on one specific call/play/etc.

We missed two (what should've been) easy TDs.  If those plays are made, then UF's last drive means nothing.

The officiating was horrible, no doubt.  But IIRC, the DPI and UR were called on 1st downs?  What down/count was the non-called OPI?  Don't remember for sure, but I don't think (feel free to correct me) they were drive-extending penalties.  Yards and momentum, absolutely.

The TOs we got mostly resulted in not allowing UF to score (based on the field position in which they happened) rather than us having a short field.

UF in the latter part of the 4th Q, they could do whatever they wanted to on offense.  They set it up for a FG when I think a TD probably wouldn't have been all that difficult.  They were just rolling on that last drive.

It can (and has been) run around in circles.  We should've been up by an insurmountable margin.  But that's not how it played out.  If you just look at situation late in the game, yeah, the refs really kicked us in the sack.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but like the OP said, there's nothing that can be done about it now.  Nothing.  You can send all the complaints you want, and that's fine with me.  Just don't expect anything to change.

I'm looking forward to the thrashing of OM next Saturday.
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

Hammond Eggar

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 17, 2009, 11:10:28 pm

I won't "blame" the refs because we missed some opportunites, but any objective person could see that there appeared to be favoritism toward the number one team and the golden boy.  All of the highlight shows I watched made no mention of the fact that their touchdown drive was aided by two questionable penalties.

I can only think of two occasions where I thought the officials calls against us were this egregious.

1982: Arkansas/SMU - the Horton Nesrsta pass interference call
1971: Arkansas/Tennessee Liberty Bowl, too many calls to mention.

This will go down in history with those games, but the fact is we missed two field goals and two touchdown opportunities, so while I will hold the refs in contempt, they can't take all the blame.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: razorhog29 on October 17, 2009, 11:54:01 pm
You know I'm tired of this argument. A team does not have to score every opportunity  to win a ball game. The fact is the refs gave Florida a free ride to the goal line.  The SEC refs have been awful for years now but this is just the biggest hosing ever to be aired on national TV . Football fans nation wide are upset and should be. Something has to give. I believe the CBS crew used the word Ticky Tac .

Nail meet Hammer.

I'm sick of hearing about how "We should have still won the game" crap.

Does anyone honestly think that a good investor doesn't consider ALL of the influences to a stock before investing?  If one factor was greater than the others with regards to making it fail, wouldn't THAT reason be what the investor looked at MOST?

To say that we should have been 90% effective on each offesive attempt, therefore the Refs wouldn't have cost us the game is childish.

That would be like the investor getting pissed because the plant workers should have been willing to pull 14 hour shifts at 8 hour pay to make up for the fact that the steel costs tripled due to the breakout of a war.

The WAR would have been the reason his investment failed.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Albert Einswine

It's time to move on to Ole Miss.  We can still finish the season 9-3.  The way we're improving I won't be at all surprised if we do finish 9-3.

When I was younger a loss like this would put me in a funk for a week.  As I've grown older I've realized there are many more important things in my life.

The past 6 months of my life have taught me there are MANY, MANY more important things.

We're still going to have a good season.  We're building for the future.  I'm content in this knowledge.

The HOGS are on the rise!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hogtag

I'm moving on to the next game with Old Miss.

And I will say this.

Arkansas is a better team then UF.

If the ref's in the SEC continue to call games like thy do thy are hurting the SEC and Collage Football.

More fans are watching the SEC now then ever and are see the favoritism that the ref's are showing.

Thy will turn away from the SEC just like thy turned away from the SWC in years past for the same reason.

hawaiianhogster

Call it the 48 hour rule. We got 48 hours to talk about our last game until we move on to our next victim. However I see this loss lasting a little while longer due to how we lost.

rude1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 17, 2009, 11:52:31 pm
Poor officiating on pass interference is one thing.  I've come to expect that from SEC officials.  They RARELY get one right.  I'm not sure how they can almost always get it wrong, but they do.

But that personal foul penalty was the call that is very, very suspicious.  The ref that threw the flag had the ENTIRE action in front of him.  He saw the O lineman moving in to smoke Malcolm.  If anything, it should have been both ways -- that's worse case.

For him to throw that flag in such a key spot, to me shows influence from somewhere else than the action on the field.  I don't know what that would be, whether it's the SEC office protecting their #1 ranked team who they want to bring the the big BCS bucks, or if it is just that official's personal preference who he wanted to win.  But either way, that is some fishy smelling crap right there.
Does make you wonder with this potential ratings blockbuster of a game between Fl and Bama brewing for the SEC championship. Would sure look good if both can get there undefeated ranked 1 & 2. Bama hasn't needed any help. Fl. got their helping hand yesterday. Call it conspiracy or whatever, but the fact remains it is in the leagues best interest for the SEC product, to have both Fl and Bama make it to the title game undefeated ranked 1 & 2. This is undeniable.

Pigdiana Jones

I'm not letting this one go. NEVER.

Something needs to be done. Heads need to roll.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hogphilia

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 17, 2009, 11:25:10 pm
It's not about changing the outcome of "THIS" game, it's about getting these officials that are either to inept to be calling a major college football game, or are just out and out cheats off of the field, so that the players are allowed to decide the game, as opposed to allowing these idiots to shaft even one more team out of a possible win they worked their @$$ off for!

Something HAS to be done.  This is the same officiating crew that screwed Georgia out of the LSU game....now here they are again helping another top ranked SEC team.  Even after the conference office commented on the bad call against Georgia.  Do you think that they would turn around and do it again unless they KNEW that they had the blessing of the SEC and Mike SliMe?  No, hell - they may get a promotion out of this thing.  They just saved the SEC tons of dollars from a top match up of Fla - Bama in Atlanta.

SEC + Mike Slime + Rogers Redding = CORRUPTION

Hogphilia

Quote from: salebow on October 18, 2009, 07:40:36 am
I'm not letting this one go. NEVER.

Something needs to be done. Heads need to roll.

Somehow, we need a way to hook up with other fans to end this cancer that is eating college football.  Maybe there is a way to get a petition going citing several instances of biased calls....us yesterday, Georgia 2 weeks ago, S Carolina 2 years ago when the ref threw a block for LSU....etc.  Somehow we need to make this thing grow some legs and get some attention.  Maybe get a spokesperson to call in to some sports talk shows.

hawgeathawg

Why stay mad about the refs?

It's perfectly OK to stay mad at the refs. As a matter of fact, I think we should give every ref hell at all the home games left this year in protest. I think we should get the names of all the guys on that crew, and if they work a home game again, we should boo them out of the stadium. But that's just me, and I'm a vindictive a$$hole.

You are right though. It doesn't help anything, other than to just make me feel better.

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 18, 2009, 12:07:19 am

I'll agree with you here. We should have put this game out of reach when we had the opportunity, and not given the refs a chance to screw us. We should have won this one easily, 14 points at least.

Iwastherein1969

so your point IS that ARK must play error-free football for 60 minutes to win a football game ? don't know if that's in the cards for ANY football team anywhere, anytime....we outplayed those guys yesterday and deserved the W.....any team but UF and the ' sacred cow ' that is Tim Tebow and hog fans would be upset, but not nearly this much....so give razorback nation time to choke down yet another way to lose to Florida...god knows we've endured them all...from 4th and 19 fake punts that make 20 yards, to fumbled punts on the 1 yard line to two of the worst calls I've seen in quite some time yesterday...be patient man, this one is difficult to swallow
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Sivad

FCJ is dead-on solid right, as he so often is.
The SEC refs at Florida were protecting their #1 SEC team, and unranked Arkansas was playing so much better and shutting down the Gators, that the SEC refs had to really step up and make some absolutely unjustified calls, over and over again, to protect them, no matter how obvious to everyone watching all over the country.
I'll move on to Ole Miss, especially since that lying reprobate Houston Nutt is waiting for his deserved humiliation and beatdown there, but I'm not forgetting this flagrant stealing of the game by the SEC refs.

Root66

You know...you are full of schit. Freaking Nutthugger.