Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three times is enough

Started by hogpc, February 07, 2010, 01:18:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpc

I'm glad we won the game yesterday but...that's three times this year we've had the lead or were tied at the end of the game and gave up a layup to either lose or send the game into overtime.  Three times!!!!  If you can't defend against a layup at the most critical time - three times!!!! - how good can the coaching be?  I'm not a Pel hater, or supporter for that matter, I'm just sick of seeing us give up layups when the game is on the line.

The_Iceman

or how about the last few games where it took a great performance by Fortson in the second half to win.

Marshfieldhog

I'm afraid its a case of pel riding fort to save his job just like nutt was able to do with matt jones. If fort leaves after this year I fear pel's 4th year could be bad

HamHands

People talk about Fortson leaving after this year. Where exactly is he going to go?
One day at a time.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2010, 01:26:35 pm
or how about the last few games where it took a great performance by Fortson in the second half to win.

How many times could we say that in Sidney Moncrief's senior season?  More times than I care to think about.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

The_Iceman

Im just saying that we need to improve on our first have performance.

If we come out with a strong first half Wednesday, we will have LSU blown out by halftime.

WMHawgfan

I don't understand using Fortson's play as an attack on the coach. Isn't a goal of recruiting to try to find players that have the ability to take over ballgames? I am confused don't you want a point guard that can put the team on his back carry you to victory?

You look at the nba and the 2 best teams (LA an CLE) have a guy that can take over at any time and carry them to victory. This is not a curse, its a blessing.