Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you think of the refs today?

Started by fred ziffel, February 06, 2010, 09:49:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fred ziffel

Just wondering what you thought....they seemed to miss quite a few calls both ways...
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

madjudge

did miss several calls both ways, but felt we got short end in first half for sure

WxHog

Missed a lot of calls both ways.   To be fair to Auburn, refs called a goal tending on them which looked like it was still on the way up to me.   Lebo went bananas for good reason. 

QuadHog

Auburn was using moving screens starting from their 1st possesion,it was called once.They walked the entire 1st half when they threw the ball underneath.We got away with one or two real fouls,but got hammered on several that were good blocks.The refs in the league show the little guys no mercy,Fortson shouldve shot at least 6 more fts.The over and back on the inbounds play was BS,Fortson caught the ball and was on one side,the defender bumped him across the line.Soething else that bothered me,seemed like one of them made it a point to go to the AU coaches during every timeout or at least walk the floor with Hardgrave and pat him on the back.

QuadHog

Quote from: WxHog on February 06, 2010, 10:02:51 pm
Missed a lot of calls both ways.   To be fair to Auburn, refs called a goal tending on them which looked like it was still on the way up to me.   Lebo went bananas for good reason. 
Wasnt that ball swiped off the glass?Couldnt tell,that happened on the other end from our seats.

HogInThaGrove

They missed a ton of walks.  Also called 2-3 blocked shots, fouls on us in the 1st half.  Wash and Fortson both blocked shots that were called fouls.  They also had many times where it seemed the closest ref was letting the play go and the ref furthest from the action made the call.  I'd still like to see the over-and-back against fortson. 

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Fair. Missed some calls on both ends. Didn't have a huge problem with it.
ched come back pls

Hog Milanese

It was perhaps the worst officiated game I've ever been to.

QuadHog

February 06, 2010, 10:11:10 pm #8 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:14:43 pm by QuadHog
I dont get it,I know they cant getevery call right,but man,some of the walks were by 2 and 3 steps.

rhinohog84

They did screw up the goal tending call, but they were very inconsistent with contact IMO.  They missed a couple offensive fouls on Auburn when they pushed off Britt and Welsh badly.

N HOG

They were very bad.

As far as benefitting from the bad calls, Auburn got the calls in the first half and we got several going down the stretch.

kgr

The were equally pathetic on both ends of the court.  But those in our favor I don't care about, although the goal tending was pretty pathetic.  Auburn walked at lot and their guards pushed off to get separation (obviously at times) and lots of moving screens
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

linze82

you should try to get your hands on the film from the bama-ole miss second half. sec refs at their finest
smite me bishes

The Boar War

February 06, 2010, 10:40:32 pm #13 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:42:18 pm by The Boar War
I feel that I can say this because we won and not sound like sour grapes.  It was one of the worst officiated major conference basketball games I have seen.  To be fair it didn't seem to go in favor of one team.  There were some flat out mistakes (the goaltending call against Auburn) some non calls (when the Auburn player jumped into Rotnei after a three point attempt) and some strange moments (when the ref with no view of the play tried to say Delvin Johnson was fouled on the floor instead of in the act of shooting).  They also tended to call walks only when they felt like it.

However the worst part of their officiating was the inconsistency.  At times they would let both teams play hard.  Then they tried to get a handle on the rough play only to quit calling the same degree of contact later in the game.  That is how players get hurt.

N HOG

Quote from: linze82 on February 06, 2010, 10:38:28 pm
you should try to get your hands on the film from the bama-ole miss second half. sec refs at their finest

I assumed from looking at the magnitude of the OM comeback that the refs had to have a strong hand in the proceedings.

fred ziffel

It was indeed an inconsistant and strange performance by the men in stripes....
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

linze82

Quote from: fred ziffel on February 06, 2010, 10:42:50 pm
It was indeed an inconsistant and strange performance by the men in stripes....

not strange at all. pretty typical of sec refs. there is no bias in basketball, just piss poor officiating all the way around
smite me bishes

Paul Swinebaum

They were the typical SEC officiating crew...sub-par. They missed a lot of calls and some they did call were bad.

cc

I did see many moving screens.  Powell got hacked many times down low and then they call Britt for a hand check when the Auburn player pushed him off.  The walks down low on Auburn were so obvious maybe the refs thought there is no way they are actually doing that.

Breems

The refs got hammered tonight.  I was one of the hammers.  They made bad calls on both sides.  Improved in the second half, I think.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

fred ziffel

I think we should make them run laps....

snoblind

Quote from: linze82 on February 06, 2010, 10:38:28 pm

I didn't tune in until the end.  The announcers commented that Grant was fuming and then they showed him.  If looks could kill...

I thought the refs sucked in our game, but when they gave us that goaltending call it's kind of hard to complain.  Just like in FB, it's incompetent.  Then you read fans from other conferences comment on the refs in their conferences and they wish they could be as good as the SEC?????   

Razorpigg