Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washington's ankle

Started by twistitup, February 06, 2010, 07:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Any news on how bad his injury is? This is not good, we don't have much depth. I am pulling for him to make a quick recovery, if not...

Boom Boom Powell - Get Ready for BIG minutes.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Breems

I got really worried when he limped off the court.

I hope he's back soon.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Beaverfever

We shouldn't need him to beat LSU.  It'd be nice if he could be back for the game at Bama though. 

Smokehouse

saw him walking away from the arena while waiting in traffic. He was limping still but didn't have anything on the ankle.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

QuadHog

He was icing it during the game,but didnt seem to be in any writhing pain.I hope it was just a little tweak.

Breems

Quote from: Smokehouse on February 06, 2010, 08:07:15 pm
saw him walking away from the arena while waiting in traffic. He was limping still but didn't have anything on the ankle.

Good, I don't like when players get injured, even visitors.

redrazorback64

According to Pel is not serious, was hit above his ankle, not a sprain - from @NWARobbie

Earl

Quote from: redrazorback64 on February 06, 2010, 08:11:05 pm
According to Pel is not serious, was hit above his ankle, not a sprain - from @NWARobbie

Great news...I was afraid it was a high ankle sprain.

Breems

GOOD!

twistitup

Thanks for the info.

Watch out LSU

thirtythree

They were saying he got hit. I didn't see it on the replay where that could have happened. I did see a point where it looked like he kind of twisted it a little.

Breems

Quote from: thirtythree on February 06, 2010, 08:51:22 pm
They were saying he got hit. I didn't see it on the replay where that could have happened. I did see a point where it looked like he kind of twisted it a little.

Does that replay happen to be online? 

thirtythree

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2010, 08:52:10 pm
Does that replay happen to be online?

It was during the game when they showed the replay. It looked like it happened right before he made the pass. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me.

razorhead94

They said in the post game that he got hit real hard on the shin.  So it wasn't an ankle injury which is good news
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

deucea729

Whatever it was, it sure kept him out during the crucial ending moments of the game.  I hope he's ready to go Wednesday.  We need Mike to help us continue this run.

QuadHog

It happened when they reversed the ball from the bench side to the student side,Wash looked like he had his back to the play,no big collision,ref just stopped play and we watched him limp off.I think the defender kicked him chasing the ball.He did have the ice bag on his shin now that you mention it.

3kgthog

Wash is supposedly one of our best players...and we still won without him during crunch time. That speaks volumes about either A) how important he really isn't or B) how much his teammates have improved.

razorhead94

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 06, 2010, 09:53:58 pm
Wash is supposedly one of our best players...and we still won without him during crunch time. That speaks volumes about either A) how important he really isn't or B) how much his teammates have improved.

I think against a different team washington's injury would have really hurt us because Auburn isn't very big; however, with washinton in the game i bet we wouldn't have gone to overtime.  Although he goes through bad spells washington is one of the most important players on our team.  It was good to see we could survive without him the last several minutes and the overtime.  This isn't the first time tho.  Washington tends to get in foul trouble and thus he plays really limited minutes down the stretch.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

improv

he didn't have a limp out on Dickson tonight.
The more you speak, the less people will listen.

twistitup

Quote from: improv on February 07, 2010, 04:09:38 am

That's the inside info. I need...if he's not limping on Dickson St. after the game, he's good for LSU

Go Hogs

Iwastherein1969

Fortson's ankle lay parallel to the floor when he turned it against MSU in what looked like a catastrophic injury immediately after it happened, yet he walked it off and came back in the 2nd half to save the season and likely John Pelphrey's job.....the little man has as Frog said in the movie, COLORS, "you got big balls little bro"....now Washington, who's pain tolerance has to be that of a 4 year old girl, barely steps on another guys foot and you'd have thought Brett Eibner had taken a bat to his knee he was gimping off the court so badly.....now say what you want, and many in this forum have trashed Fortson since October, but you see who REALLY wants it the most when its crunch time and you are behind on the scoreboard...C-4 is a hockey player
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

twistitup

February 07, 2010, 08:40:54 am #21 Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:26:34 am by twistitup
I agree 1969...Fortson is as tough as they come. We need Washington, hopefully he can play through a little pain and be there for the team.

I think we need some of that spray they use in professional soccer. A guy and be rolling around on the ground in agony and the trainer runs out with a towel and some 'spray'...hits the player with a few shots of the 'spray' and they are just fine....like 100%, running full speed the next minute.  ;)

razorgary

He has a hard time playing thru a "ouch". Every game he seems to have some kind of physical problem. Even if he was good enough to play in NBA could you see him playing 3-4 games a week.

TRUHOG718

it looked like he banged ankles with the guy. didnt look too bad at all
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

rhinohog84

Quote from: twistitup on February 07, 2010, 08:40:54 am
I agree 1969...Fortson is as tough as they come. We need Washington, hopefully he can play through a little pain and be there for the team.

I think we need some of that spray they use in professional soccer. A guy and be rolling around on the ground in agony and the trainer runs out with a towel and some 'spray'...hits the player with a few shots of the 'spray' and they are just fine....like 100%, running full speed the next minute.

Maybe I am missing the sarcasm in your statement, but the professional soccer players roll around in "agony" to try to get a card on the opposing team.  Unfortunately, there is no analgesic spray that they really have.

al2305

February 08, 2010, 12:15:27 am #25 Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:21:05 am by al2305
Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 07, 2010, 08:33:39 am
Fortson's ankle lay parallel to the floor when he turned it against MSU in what looked like a catastrophic injury immediately after it happened, yet he walked it off and came back in the 2nd half to save the season and likely John Pelphrey's job.....the little man has as Frog said in the movie, COLORS, "you got big balls little bro"....now Washington, who's pain tolerance has to be that of a 4 year old girl, barely steps on another guys foot and you'd have thought Brett Eibner had taken a bat to his knee he was gimping off the court so badly.....now say what you want, and many in this forum have trashed Fortson since October, but you see who REALLY wants it the most when its crunch time and you are behind on the scoreboard...C-4 is a hockey player
Washington is a big body, I love Clarke, Powell is gonna be the man, we could probably make do without any one of them, but we re nothin without Fortson, this season has proved that, the only injury keeping him out of the game is an amputation, that dude is as tough as it gets.

hogfursty

Quote from: improv on February 07, 2010, 04:09:38 am

Yep. I saw him at stir. He was walking fine.

twistitup

Quote from: rhinohog84 on February 07, 2010, 11:32:26 pm
Maybe I am missing the sarcasm in your statement, but the professional soccer players roll around in "agony" to try to get a card on the opposing team.  Unfortunately, there is no analgesic spray that they really have.

Yes, you did miss my sarcasm.