Previous topic - Next topic

GeneKeadysRug

LordStanleysHog

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

The Original 69

Jek Tono Porkins

Nolan is gone.
Shut the hell up, enjoy the win and be glad we're on the top of the SEC West.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hogfan4ever13

Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Blue35

The_Boot_stops_here

QuadHog

Pel wouldve too,if the team had been together from day one.

thirtythree

These are the people that w all speak of when it comes to being a fan or not.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

SolarHog

New guy here....not sure how many post I'll do since I had to type a 100 word esssay to get this on....just wandering if the OP's other 552 post were this dumb?
Oh jezz!! while I was typing a new reply has posted...I may want to review before I post? The way I type I may never get a post on here........now 3 new replys OMG!... stay tuned..I may get to comment on how proud I am that Mallet went No 1 in the draft.....

jdevers

Pel would have probably won 17 or so...but of course most of those losses we didn't HAVE the team we have now...we were missing the most important piece of the puzzle until conference play.

Wild Bill Hog

NR wouldn't have had this team.  It took some recruiting effort to get several of these players.

twistitup

February 06, 2010, 08:21:36 pm #14 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:23:11 pm by twistitup
Considering the suspension of Fortson for 14 games and seeing how much he means to the team....I don't think any coach would have done much better.

Coaches can't play and without Fortson there just simply is not enough talent to win big.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rzrbackrob

There was more than one year that the Hogs with Nolan and Mike on the same coaching staff did not make it to the NCAA tournament.
Good is the enemy of great

QuadHog

Quote from: rzrbackrob on February 06, 2010, 08:28:04 pm
There was more than one year that the Hogs with Nolan and Mike on the same coaching staff did not make it to the NCAA tournament.
As much regard as I have for Nolan,a truer post hasnt been posted.If that karma thing wasnt so gay,I would +1 you.WTH,I will anyway....

ttownhog00

Nolan Ryan? What does he have to do with our basketball team?

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

Hot_Town_Hog

Very few would listen, but this is an NCAAT team with everyone playing.

Pel could have won 20, but "this" team was not complete with Fortson on the sidelines. Of course, you know that and are just trying to stir the pot.

Farrestor

King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

omahawg#17

Too bad Nolan is coaching girls basketball now, huh, gene? You're an idiot. John Pelphrey has always had my support. I just didn't complain when times were tough because the situation our program was/is in takes time to bring it back to what it once was, we're making great progess, and actually winning now. I know that what im telling you is hard for you to wrap your brain around, so thats why you ended up making a childish thread. WPS bitch
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

JONAS

I love Coach Richardson, but I do not believe they would have won 20 games by now if he were coaching this team.  I do think that if Fortson had not been suspended, we would have won at least 4 more.  That would put our record at 16-7.

hawgsav1

While I am still on the fence when it comes to John Pelphrey, I do agree with the original poster's statement.  Nevertheless, while I would have loved for Nolan to finish out his career here, I do accept that it would be difficult for him to come back, and most likely will never happen.  If John Pelphrey fails, by all means, go for Mike Anderson.  However, Pelphrey has not buried himself yet.  If he manages to do well with this year's team, then he has certainly earned another year or two.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

huthut

Quote from: rzrbackrob on February 06, 2010, 08:28:04 pm
Also more than one year that the Hogs with Nolan and Mike went to the
finals of the Ncaa tournament. Or did you forget while trying to make your
point.

Dirty

Quote from: GeneKeadysRug on February 06, 2010, 06:41:54 pm
or does pelphrey get another year?

Hey stupid!  Go away!  Think before you post.

Nolan would not.  He would ask for his money if the administration didn't like his results.

stchane

Quote from: huthut on February 07, 2010, 06:52:37 am
Also more than one year that the Hogs with Nolan and Mike went to the
finals of the Ncaa tournament. Or did you forget while trying to make your
point.

Actually it was 3 times in 11 years.  This is Pel's 3rd year. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

M L (bassplayer)

pigture perfect

Nolan had stopped caring about basketball except for the fact that it gave him a forum into activism. If he cared about basketball as much as he did at the first, maybe. The reason he hasn't gotten back in to coaching until now is that he loves to play the victim. It became hard to do that when you're one of the winningest coaches in history.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"