Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I said we would go 4-12 in conference play.....

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, February 06, 2010, 04:40:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

I'm man enough to say I was wrong.  Um.. yea. Here's to getting to 13-11. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

40MINSOFHELL

You failed but atleast you did admit you was wrong. :)

thirtythree

Hogsfan1981

IMAballHawg

+1 to you. 
But just posting 1 "whoops I guess I was wrong" does not change the dozens of other negative posts that have been made.
Try posting dozens of positive or constructive posts and support your team.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

The Original 69

mhuff

I respect you for admitting you were wrong ; what I do not respect are fair weather fans who only post negative posts and are not man or woman enough to give a positive response when credit is due. It ruins their total credibility.

Breems

+1

Glad you are getting to enjoy these wins with me!  :D
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

ThisTeetsTaken

For all you guys patting me on the back for my post.... Don't confuse this with being behind Pelphrey or even thinking this team might have a shot at anything meaningful this year because that would be false.  We're a long way from being even a decent team IMO.

Breems

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2010, 08:45:56 pm
For all you guys patting me on the back for my post.... Don't confuse this with being behind Pelphrey or even thinking this team might have a shot at anything meaningful this year because that would be false.  We're a long way from being even a decent team IMO.

What is a decent team?  Do they have to be first in the SEC West?  Or is that a good team? 

thirtythree

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2010, 08:45:56 pm

Ok.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2010, 08:49:56 pm
What is a decent team?  Do they have to be first in the SEC West?  Or is that a good team?
Guys, the SEC is NOT a good basketball conference.... Winning the western division of this conference (or any conference, really) does not matter.  The NCAA tournament is the only thing that matters in college basketball (IMO).

rhinohog84

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2010, 08:55:35 pm
Guys, the SEC is NOT a good basketball conference.... Winning the western division of this conference (or any conference, really) does not matter.  The NCAA tournament is the only thing that matters in college basketball (IMO).

In the event we don't make the tourney this year, you will be glad next year since they are most likely going to expand the tourney.  It could contain as many as 96 teams.

CoachHogT

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2010, 04:40:29 pm
I'm man enough to say I was wrong.  Um.. yea. Here's to getting to 13-11. 

To give you some slack, they played like a 4-12 team. This team looked poorly coached and played badly. Many on here wouldn't even give them 4 wins, including me. Glad to see them find a rhythm and build around it. They have done something few teams have done at this point. I hope they don't faulter down the stretch.

Breems

Quote from: rhinohog84 on February 06, 2010, 09:15:01 pm
In the event we don't make the tourney this year, you will be glad next year since they are most likely going to expand the tourney.  It could contain as many as 96 teams.

Speaking of the NCAAT expanding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyPeME9TbI&feature=PlayList&p=kWXQVDREuQI

I called a 9-6 record in conference weeks ago and early on I thought I had been sorely wrong.  After the FLA loss which was mostly no coaching, I thought 4 or 5 wins would be a good finish.  Now, I am back to thinking 9-6 could happen.  Our win total depends mostly on how bad the competition is willing to stay over the rest of the season, not how good we are.  Fortson, playing much of the time against coache's wishes, has won 2 for us near single handed.  We bad, but not in a good way. 

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2010, 08:49:56 pm

Evidently first in the west doesn't qualify. Some people probably griped when Thurman hit the coffin 3 against Duke in 94 saying we shoulda won by 30. You just can't please some people.

It's kinda like Kyle Busch. He complains cause he's loose or tight, but still 2 seconds per lap faster than  everyone else.

luvmesomehogs

No offense, but I'm happy your prediction was wrong.  Go Hogs!

JONAS

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 06, 2010, 08:55:35 pm

I agree.  The SEC has only 1 good team, Kentucky.

Marshfieldhog

I think I said 5 wins w/o fort and 7 with...my prediction will probably be wrong. I think we will go 4-4 these last 8 games and finish 9-7. Like I said, if pel makes the nit he has my support for one more year. But next year he must go to the dance with or w/o fort