Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Ball goes to....

Started by Iwastherein1969, February 06, 2010, 04:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

John Pelphrey.....I've oft been critical and many times deservedly so of Coach Pelphrey, but I'm man enough to also admit that JP did one helluva job on the sideline today....he called time outs at the correct times during the game, he adjusted defenses to confuse AU and he had his comb forward "red head" totally engrossed into the game today....on a day where the Hogs, and particularly that wuss, Michael Washington, were not up to giving it their best shot, they and we are lucky their coach was...GAME BALL goes to the BIG RED HEAD
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogsfan1981

+1 sir

I would agree but probably would give the ball to Fortson just for the last few minutes were he scored almost all our points.

thirtythree

I agree, but get ready to get blasted. :)

+1 from me though.

CalHog

I agree.  He did an outstanding coaching job today as he has in the past and will continue to do.

linze82

agree. pel has stepped his game up imho. if for no other reason than he has this tem playing hard on defense when they have to. i blast pel a lot, but i like the way things are going now.
smite me bishes

Westcoasthog

CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN PELPHREY, THE COACHING STAFF AND THE WHOLE TEAM FOR THE OVERTIME VICTORY OVER AUBURN!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 06, 2010, 04:30:59 pm
     CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN PELPHREY, THE COACHING STAFF AND THE WHOLE TEAM FOR THE OVERTIME VICTORY OVER AUBURN!

Well I still say they win in spite of Ostrum, that Inuit SOB.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

swinesation

Like his team, Pelphrey is young, still learning and growing in confidence.

rjmass

I too will give the game ball up to the coach.  He did a good job.  This team is just now hitting stride.  Team / Coach.  Nice Job.

Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

The_Boot_stops_here

guys i am not saying that if the team does not continue to progress and we start going backwards again that Pel should keep his job...at this point, im still not sold...BUT....i do wanna say that i am ABSOLUTELY rooting for john pelphrey to succeed...i really like the guy and i think he loves the university and will stay on the hill as long as we will have him...the man truly feels it is a privilage to coach at the UA and also knows and appriciates our history...if he cant get the job done then let him go but i for one am hoping like hell that he can keep this moving foreward!

ttownhog00

Pel's reaction to this new-found support...

GeneKeadysRug

Pelphrey is a great time out caller! And whoever heard of changing defenses during a game? Simply brilliant.

jackflash

Good job coach. Finding away to win without one of your top players having a good game. I call that coaching.

Newhopehog

Quote from: GeneKeadysRug on February 06, 2010, 06:53:59 pm
Pelphrey is a great time out caller! And whoever heard of changing defenses during a game? Simply brilliant.
who are you fcj in disguise..

Breems

I agree.  Pelphrey did all he could and helped us get through yet another game with Washington playing crappy.

Thanks Pelphrey for your fire!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Blue35

Quote from: GeneKeadysRug on February 06, 2010, 06:53:59 pm
Now that Gene Keady certainly had a weird hairdo and knew how to coach also.

coglesby

He is fewer talented players than the other teams.  Can't ask a coach for more than that.