Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice Afternoon for Marcus Britt

Started by WilsonHog, February 06, 2010, 04:12:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

He played 27 minutes, was 3-3 for the field, and finished with six points, five rebounds, two assists, 1 steal and 1 turnover. Plus he played solid defense.

Conway Hog

he feels relief since he is not going to be charged in the rape case....i would have a good day too!  go hogs! 
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

swinesation

I agree Wilson. Britt had a solid game. Like Pelphrey said in the postgame, Britt, Welsh, and Nobles have really raised the game of our team with their defensive intensity.

jackflash

I also would like to give a +1 to Mr Britt. He knows what going to kept him in this starting lineup and is playing well over last four games. And so has Welsh.

Beaverfever

I wish he'd start shooting more.  He's not the best shooter in the world, but he's still one of the best on the team.

Smokehouse

two of those baskets were very impressive drives to the rim. I love when Britt's in the game because he's one of the players I know will never do something absolutely stupid (though everyone has been cutting down on the stupid moves lately)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Breems

I want Britt to contribute more.  Like Niels Boar said, I believe Britt holds Britt back.

At the early stages of the game when Auburn was shooting lights out, and we basically had no answer, Britt stepped up and made a couple of big floaters in the lane.  Simple shots that are key to winning games.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BigoBoys

Quote from: Conway Hog on February 06, 2010, 05:59:49 pm
he feels relief since he is not going to be charged in the rape case....i would have a good day too!  go hogs! 
Gotta make him raise his confidence

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I believe that Britt truely understands his role on this team. Play lockdown defense, block out, and take an jumper when open. He also had two nice floaters in the lane that could really garner him some respect from defenders here on out.

I also think that Welsh is starting to understand his role more. He is not a 15 ppg type of guy, even though in his mind he thinks he is. Welsh in my opinion is our best on ball defender, and I also think that he is a great 3 point shooter IF he gets a pass while on the move. Any other 3pt attempt seems to give him trouble. The coaches need to keep on him about not dribbling in traffic ( he had 3 mishandles with the ball today). He seems to be a guy who needs constant reminders about his role on this team.

sirhog

Britt is one of the most underrated players on this team IMHO. He plays good/great defense, shoots decent, plays hard and doesnt do anything to hurt the team. Glad to see him playing more and hope he continues.

The Boar War

Very good game for Britt.  I like how he dribbles to the SEC logo and drains it.  Most teams haven't seen him shoot enough to regard him as a threat.  His assist to Washington early in the second half was a great pass.  But my favorite thing about him is that he always seems to be there cleaning things up.  If someone deflects a pass he always seems to be there to snatch it up.

mortis

It's been good to see Britt playing solidly.  I wouldn't have given you a plug nickel for him at times last year.  All of the guys should work on playing to their strengths like he has been doing lately. 

SC Hogman

The Boar War

Quote from: SC Hogman on February 06, 2010, 11:38:40 pm
+1 for the golfer also!

I came away impressed with his defensive performance.  He got burnt a couple of times around the perimeter but he held his own (on obvious mismatches) in the paint.

hillhog

Quote from: sirhog on February 06, 2010, 08:33:32 pm
Britt is one of the most underrated players on this team IMHO. He plays good/great defense, shoots decent, plays hard and doesnt do anything to hurt the team. Glad to see him playing more and hope he continues.
I agree with you, I like Britt in the court, very, very seldom does he do something good only to follow up with 3 somethings terrible

M L (bassplayer)

I love how hard that kid plays. Completely unselfish.

luvmesomehogs

Marcus Britt is a silent, steady, consistent contributor to the team.  When he plays you are not going to get a lot of flash, but you will get solid play and effort.  I like him.  A lot.

Kevin

like britt on the floor, hopefully, he has learned his lessons off the floor (summer & fall problems). 
solid contributor
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lavacaraider

Britt is definitely a hard working defensive player!  He is a very unselfish player, & it does seem to be something that most on the team are starting to be as well!  It is wonderful to watch an unselfish team, where it doesn't matter who scores all of the points.  The number 1 goal is to win, & I think Arkansas has finally started to get that attitude!