Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boom Boom Powell...

Started by twistitup, February 06, 2010, 02:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

February 06, 2010, 02:48:48 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:07:47 pm by twistitup
Great play taking the foul and making the free throw - under pressure...not a problem!

Let win this damn thing in overtime!!

We Won!! The taste of victory...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogfan4ever13

4 in a row to take the WEST!!!! GO HOGS GO!!!!!
Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Breems

Why do we not have a nick name for Powell yet?

Marshawn Powerr is what I've used so far.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

twistitup

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2010, 08:24:09 pm
Why do we not have a nick name for Powell yet?

Marshawn Powerr is what I've used so far.

He needs one cause he's a serious BALLER and will only get better with time...he doesn't back down from anybody.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The Boar War

mortis

One thing I noticed about Powell a couple of games ago is that he figured out something very important quicker than some of the other guys:  never take your eyes off of Fortson.  Clarke knows it too.  Fortson sometimes takes it straight to the hoop, yes, but if you're ready for the ball, he'll usually find you.  At least one pass to Powell in the Auburn game was a thing of beauty -- Fortson drove the lane and bounce-passed it, and the ball came off the floor up into Powell's right hand for the layup.  Since he was watching for it, he could hardly have failed to finish the play.  The first couple of games with Fortson back, you saw guys getting hit in the hands with passes because they forgot rule one:  watch that point guard.  But Powell caught on immediately.  He knows Fortson can help him play better.   

pigfunk

Wish Wash had some of this wiley freshman's will to win!