Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach gave up but team played on!

Started by mtnmusic, February 05, 2010, 12:08:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott7703

Quote from: Porkem Yung on February 05, 2010, 02:00:44 pm
I can't wait until Mike Anderson gets in here and rights this ship.  Mediocrity may be okay with a lot of you so-called fans in here....but I expect more from my alma mater.

I'm going to serve a big ole mess of crow up to Pig, Newhopehog, Phatasshog, Scott7703, Grag T, lookingupthehill, Hogsfan1981,hogfaninbr, razorpimp, and pigture perfect.

Get your forks ready and your bibs on.  I'm going to serve it up to you and forrest city joe's going to laugh his a$$ off watching y'all chew on it.  Get ready boys.  That day is coming.

We will be waiting for awhile. Pel is going nowhere. I am not the biggest John Pelphrey fan in the world. I do however consider myself to be one of the biggest Arkansas Razorback fans in the world. If it were the "University of John Pelphrey" or the "State of John Pelphrey" maybe it would bother me more that he is the coach.

I love the Razorbacks. I will root for the team and players no matter who the coach is. I thought that was what a real fan did. I rooted for the Hog football team when the last regime was here and i didn't think they could coach a group of pro bowlers well enough for us to compete regularly.

I choose to root for the University of Arkansas and the Razorback team. Will I root for the basketball team if Coach Pelphrey is fired and replaced by Mike Anderson? I will, and ill attempt to defend him or whomever else the next time this happens.

There is really no reason for this conversation to be had anyway because our coach is going nowhere unless its by his choice. So instead of continuing to be negative all the time, and downgrade any success we have, get behind our team, players, and our states team.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!

cardsNhogs

I can't wait until Mike Anderson gets in here and rights this ship.  Mediocrity may be okay with a lot of you so-called fans in here....but I expect more from my alma mater.

I'm going to serve a big ole mess of crow up to Pig, Newhopehog, Phatasshog, Scott7703, Grag T, lookingupthehill, Hogsfan1981,hogfaninbr, razorpimp, and pigture perfect.

Get your forks ready and your bibs on.  I'm going to serve it up to you and forrest city joe's going to laugh his a$$ off watching y'all chew on it.  Get ready boys.  That day is coming.

I am def not ok with mediocrity but im willing to wait n see on pelphrey. I want the hogs to finish this year out strong and then i expect big things next season and beyond.. If that doesnt happen then IMO Pel isnt the right man for the job. I dont believe anyone is happy about 11-11 but are optimistic after winning these last three games.

TomasPistola

Mike Anderson's tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

rok-dog

February 05, 2010, 03:25:32 pm #53 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:29:28 pm by rok-dog
Some kids try and pee their name in the snow, Mike Anderson pees his name in concrete.
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 14, 2010, 01:29:05 pm
Listen to rok, this is the most sound advice ever typed on a message board in the history of the internets.
Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2010, 07:50:23 am
Rok, you are obviously the most intelligent poster in the the tavern.

Breems

Quote from: lookinupthehill on February 05, 2010, 01:47:11 pm
So, in summation, FCJ is now posting on Porkem Yung's account.  Either that or they share a brain, which is probably more likely now that I think about it...

They are definitely very similar.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

LRMedHawg

Quote from: rok-dog on February 05, 2010, 02:27:31 pm
Mike Anderson is a second tier coach, he would get run off The Hill.

Your a second tier poster, but we haven't run you off yet

OH SNAP!

rok-dog

Quote from: LRMedHawg on February 05, 2010, 04:18:02 pm
Your a second tier poster, but we haven't run you off yet

OH SNAP!

Your mom smells like Doritos.

and by we I guess you mean the great white/t-rex/ rpg thingy?
Listen to rok, this is the most sound advice ever typed on a message board in the history of the internets.

Hogz87

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 05, 2010, 12:34:43 pm
I don't give Phil Jackson any credit either. If it wasn't for MJ and Scotty, Shaq and Kobe, he wouldn't be anything. He didn't develope any of those guys. Yet he won and is given credit. Point is as long as we keep winning he ain't going anywhere. Like him or not. If the wheels fall off, that's a different story.

That statement is as dumb as anything said on here so far.  Phil Jackson deserves a lot of credit.  Just as Pelphrey deserves some of the credit for the current win streak.  Every coach that was the head coach of a dynasty in any sport had great players.

John Wooden had Bill Walton, Lew Alcindor, Jamaal Wilkes, Sidney Wickes, Gail Goodrich, Henry Bibby, etc.

Red Auerbach had Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Bill Sharman, Tom Heinsohn, Sam Jones, K.C. Jones, and others

Pat Riley had Magic, Kareem, Worthy

Jerry Johnson/Swizter had Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin

It seems more rampant on here but for some reason coaches never get enough credit when their teams are successful. 

QuadHog

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on February 05, 2010, 07:00:00 am
LOL...I made an ignore list. Funny thing is 33 is the biggest suck up on Hogville. Why isn't Lanny on the ignore list? HMMMMMMM.....kissing his tail.

anywho, I think a good coach takes the heat when his team looses and allows the team to take the credit when they win.

Pel, seems to be doing this.
Dont need to ignore Lanny,he doesnt come around while the team is winning,like FCJ.Now if that  Porkem   would follow suit,this would be a decent thread.

The Pig

Quote from: rok-dog on February 05, 2010, 02:39:03 pm
Mike Anderson is THE best coach in Div 1,  PERIOD.

Did they kick you out of the tavern or did you just feel like slumming for a bit?

rzrbackrob

I don't care what he told the team at half-time as long as they won the game.
Good is the enemy of great

thirtythree

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on February 05, 2010, 07:00:00 am
LOL...I made an ignore list. Funny thing is 33 is the biggest suck up on Hogville. Why isn't Lanny on the ignore list? HMMMMMMM.....kissing his tail.

anywho, I think a good coach takes the heat when his team looses and allows the team to take the credit when they win.

Pel, seems to be doing this.

I would really love to know how I am the biggest suck-up on here. I have been banned and ridiculed for my positions. I don't have Lanny on ignore because I respect his opinion and he doesn't act like an ass toward me about mine. One of them 2 reasons will get a seat on my list. It bothers me not if anyone likes it, but it's how I choose to do things. I don't have to agree with it, but I respect it. I only saw your post because it was quoted by someone else. If it's any consolation you were #2 on my list.

rok-dog

Quote from: The Pig on February 05, 2010, 05:13:36 pm
Did they kick you out of the tavern or did you just feel like slumming for a bit?

I will take number 2 for $500 Bob.

twistitup

Pel has done a good job when looking at the circumstances surrounding this season (fortson suspension, false rape report, lack of fan support, etc...)

He took a job that was turned down by many - I appreciate his effort and that he has been able to turn the season around. We ARE at the top of the west you know? Sounds crazy, I know...but we may just be on a roll. We'll see, but as for Pelphrey - he's a winner.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

phadedhawg

Farrestor

QuoteProbably along the lines of "Awwhhh you guys must be tired from the long road trip..We'll just right it off...if you would just try to keep it close and not get embarrassed.....SUCK IT UP GET OUT THERE AND PLAY MOTHER***** BASKETBALL DID YOUR MOM NOT BREASTFEED YOU ENOUGH THIS WEEK? YOU'RE TIRED? BE A MAN, I'M NOT CUTTIN THE CRUST OF YOUR BREAD"

Classic Post and i can't believe how many pel haters there are i know there would be a few but man it seems like they are all over Hogville, I don't see how you can be upset with things right now our star and leader of the court was suspended for 14 games and  we 've won double what we won last year already in the sec (hahaha) and really we should of beat Florida I think the man wants to be here in Arkansas i think the future is bright with the next two years recruits and i just don't see how you can want to start up another circus in wanting to hire another basketball coach. I don't know how much you enjoyed the last search but i for one did not like watching every basketball coach use us as leverage in getthing contract extensions and turning us down and embarrassing us (Dana $hithead Alltman). I'm not the biggest pel lover in the world but I can't see how you can be upset with all the adversity we faced this year and be tied for first in the west.
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

jesterzzn

I remember this one time during a close rivalry game, the coach of the favored top ten team walked off the court in disgust after it appeared his team would lose.  The team responded with a huge defensive steal and three point score to tie the game, and won going away in overtime.

I just can't quite remember who that was... ;)

Anyone want to refresh my memory?

My point is the good coaches are not afraid to do these kind things.

thirtythree

Quote from: Smithian on February 05, 2010, 12:31:45 am
I think his speech went more like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c

I'm ready to play. Got my shoes on. Just one problem. I can't run.

Danny J

Quote from: thirtythree on February 05, 2010, 08:19:03 pm
I'm ready to play. Got my shoes on. Just one problem. I can't run.
LOL...thats what happens when you get old.  ;D

thirtythree

Quote from: headhawg7 on February 05, 2010, 08:24:22 pm
LOL...thats what happens when you get old.  ;D

Tell me about it. Found that out at basketball practice tonight with the 9 and 10 year olds.

hillhog

I think some of these guys like Porkem Yung are trying to get in line to be the next Hogs coach. Hey, I'm all for them, hire all of them and they can take turns with each game or do it by committee, shoot, they have the answer. Go for it

Danny J

Quote from: hillhog on February 05, 2010, 09:50:08 pm
I think some of these guys like Porkem Yung are trying to get in line to be the next Hogs coach. Hey, I'm all for them, hire all of them and they can take turns with each game or do it by committee, shoot, they have the answer. Go for it
Yes..I am number 2 in line behind Porkem. At least thats the number i got from the DMV. It is still valid right?

UltimateHog

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: rok-dog on February 05, 2010, 02:27:31 pm
Mike Anderson is a second tier coach, he would get run off The Hill.
looking at your avatar its more like.... how about your fine woman and her bald headed sugar daddy ? instead of "me and my cougar"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Breems

Quote from: lookinupthehill on February 05, 2010, 02:32:58 pm
"So called fan".  Buddy, I've supported this team more in any given day than you probably have over the last 12 months combined.  It's easy to be a fan when the team is winning.  Why don't you try going back and reviewing the manual?

And, guess what.  WE DON'T HAVE A COACHING VACANCY YET!  So it's going to be a little hard for Mikey to get his greasy paws in here.  I hope Pel can keep this improvement going and shut up all you people who have it out for him.  But you know what else?  If MA (or anyone else) is here next year, I'll sure as hell support them too, because that what REAL fans do. 

Very nice post, sir.

Breems

ROFL.  Mike Anderson and mediocrity in the same post... who would have thunk it?

mtnmusic

That's a great point. I remember the game well when Nolan walked off the court with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game and the team rallied for a huge win in Texas. In starting this thread I wasn't suggesting Pel needed to be replaced but that his negative comments seemed to get the players more fired up in the second half. The words about "tired from long road trips" and "play to keep it close" were his own as confirmed by both his players and his assistants. Whether he meant them as sarcasm or sheer frustration about silly fouls, poor rebounding or a general lack of effort is something we don't know but the results speak for themselves. WPS!

Porkem

I have no desire "to" coach hillhog.....I just have a desire "for" a coach.  Let's fire Pelphrey and bring in Mike Anderson.  Let's get back to some 40 minutes of Hell...not 40 minutes of Pel!

GO HOGS!  BEAT AUBURN! (in spite of Pel)
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Hogz87

Quote from: Porkem Yung on February 06, 2010, 01:21:55 am
I have no desire "to" coach hillhog.....I just have a desire "for" a coach.  Let's fire Pelphrey and bring in Mike Anderson.  Let's get back to some 40 minutes of Hell...not 40 minutes of Pel!

If we fire Pelphrey right now what makes you think we'd get Mike Anderson?

And also, if we fired Pel right now, what would that mean for our 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes?  We've already got a commitment from one of the 2011 "Big 3" and have a great shot at the other two.  I don't understand why we wouldn't give Pelphrey at least two more seasons.  If he lands Madden and Mickelson in addition to Ross then we have a top 5-10 class.  To me (if Pel gets all three) I don't know how it is even fair to be that critical of Pelphrey.  Let's see if he can get 2 or 3 of the "Big 3" and see what he does with them before we become too critical.

I know I'm talking to a brick wall, though, because you gave up on Pel before last year was even finished.  All things considering, I would say Pelphrey is doing a great job this year.  It's not like we have an extremely talented and deep team.  We're undersized, have virtually no depth, one legit three point shooter who can't really create his own shot, and we're still 4-3 in conference play with two road wins. 

Fans like you are an embarrassment to the University and the entire Razorback fan base.

jesterzzn

Even at the lowest point of the season most people were still on the fence.  If he finishes as strong as we've been the past couple weeks, most razorback fans will be right behind him.

The morons are trying to turn him into another Nutt, but he's not Nutt.  He's a good guy and if he starts winning and keeps winning that should be enough.  Nutt has character issues that rendered his on the field performance irrelevant.  Pelphrey doesn't, and when he wins it should not be hard to root for him and the team.  Anyone that finds it hard to root for a Pelphry coached team that is winning and fighting for a division title, really does have a [CENSORED] ego problem and needs to get the hell over themselves.

Sorry to be so blunt, its usually not my style, but this is pissing me off.  I am not a Pel lover.  I thought he was done here, and that might still be what happens, but root for the G-D team if you call yourself a fan.

JoePaul03

February 06, 2010, 05:43:21 am #80 Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:47:50 am by JoePaul03
Quote from: rzrbackrob on February 05, 2010, 05:31:46 pm
I don't care what he told the team at half-time as long as they won the game.

This, this, this, and more this...He could read them anything from the Old Testament, Hemingway, Mad Libs, or any of Aesop's Fables and I could give a crap as long as we win.

Here is what I don't understand, and it's an honest question, not pot-stirring: If the sky is falling when we play bad and lose, and we're horrible and it's all Pel's fault and he should be fired, then drawn and quartered, and he gets the blame no matter what, then why are so many of you guys so reluctant to give him tiniest bit of credit when we play well? If EVERYTHING is his fault when we suck, then why isn't ANYTHING credited to him when we play well?

I don't think Pel is the next John Wooden, but some of you guys are off the rails with your hate for him.

And, for what it's worth, I believe Mike Anderson's Mizzou team has the exact same conference record as the poorly coached team that plays in Bud Walton Arena these days.
WCOB, 2003

twistitup

Quote from: Porkem Yung on February 06, 2010, 01:21:55 am

Mike Anderson would run the other way if offered this job (remember the coaches that turned down the job a couple years ago, he was one of them)....he is in a good situation at the moment and he will only move UP from there....Arkansas would be a lateral move, at best.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PHAHog357

Quote from: twistitup on February 06, 2010, 07:24:31 am
Mike Anderson would run the other way if offered this job (remember the coaches that turned down the job a couple years ago, he was one of them)....he is in a good situation at the moment and he will only move UP from there....Arkansas would be a lateral move, at best.

You mean to tell me that you don't think Mikey would come back to the sacred home he was groomed in?  You don't believa(Eric Cartman voice)!!!

I think Pel should be given time.  To replace 6 frickin players and all people want to yell is fire the man after really his second season is really not smart.

Watch with the Nike contract, improvement of this team, and with Pels Mike Miller connection the Hogs will be very good soon.
Ninohog never forgotten

ttownhog00

Does this look like a coach who wants his team to sincerely "write off" a game and "keep it close?"

The Pig

Quote from: ttownhog00 on February 06, 2010, 11:36:42 am

Does this look like a coach who wants his team to sincerely "write off" a game and "keep it close?"

That's not a game pic......He had just read a couple of Lando's and Sunshinepumpers posts when that photo was taken.

rok-dog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 05, 2010, 10:12:04 pm
looking at your avatar its more like.... how about your fine woman and her bald headed sugar daddy ? instead of "me and my cougar"

That's funny!  i am actually 9 years younger than her!