Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Article in Ark Trav on lack of UA student support....

Started by Mardi Hog Gras, February 04, 2010, 11:38:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ua_hogs

Quote from: HawgLife on February 04, 2010, 04:25:51 pm
The new single game ticket deal is nice but they only sell 250 of them for each game and they sell out over an hour before the game. Don't complain about student attendance and turn us away at the door.

Not true, except for the Florida game.  Every game before that there was a huge stack of student tickets left 5 minutes before tip off.

The Pig

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 04, 2010, 11:47:26 am
Good article. When you charge the students more than a token admission price AND give poor seats, you give them good reasons not to attend, if there isn't a good product on the floor. When they are out of the habit of attending, it's hard to mold the habit again.

Wow, give me seats near mid court in the first ten rows for $106 for the season, I'd bitch too!

ua_hogs

Quote from: rwspear on February 04, 2010, 04:49:25 pm
Stop blaming the students. Maybe some of you have forgotten what it's like to be in school. I remember choosing between ramen or the McDonald's dollar menu and going with ramen bc of the price. Students can't afford $100+ for the season package, and the UofA forces them to buy packages of 6 for $36. This wouldn't be that bad if they got to choose the games, but instead your stuck paying for Appalachian St., two Christmas break games that you can't go to, Georgia, Auburn, and maybe a Tennessee. $36 for one good game is expensive. We have the most expensive tickets in the SEC for crappy seats. Give me a break.

You can buy single game tickets, and why can't the students go to the games over Christmas break?  I go over Christmas break, I am a student.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 04, 2010, 02:29:23 pm
I'm a physics student.  Trust me, the "study excuse" is not BS.  There's no way I could hold a job and maintain my GPA.

I do have free time and I do have some extra money to spend (about $30 a month on non-essentials) but I have higher priorities than basketball games.  The little time and money I have to spare goes elsewhere.

I'm having a hard time with this.  Lets say you devote 10 hours a day for school (extremely over-estimated) and sleep for 8 hours a day.  That leaves 6 hours a day, and you're telling me there is "no way" you could have a job and maintain your GPA?

There is a way, because myself and many others do it.  Those excuses won't get you far in life once you're out of college.

zwhogfan

I attended from 03-07 and paid my $6 for tickets. Went to probably 90% of basketball games as well. I would have to say down in the trough where I sat it was pretty rowdy, but for the most part the students were weak. I still remember the days of being great in the early and mid 90s... it's the main Razorback sport I followed since we were so terrible in football, but I can also understand that alot of current students probably can't remember that national title, and have witnessed mediocre basketball for most of their lives. I still wish more would go and be louder... it's not that tough.

Hog on the Hill

February 05, 2010, 08:19:19 am #55 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:22:41 am by Hog on the Hill
Quote from: ua_hogs on February 04, 2010, 05:30:29 pm
I'm having a hard time with this.  Lets say you devote 10 hours a day for school (extremely over-estimated) and sleep for 8 hours a day.  That leaves 6 hours a day, and you're telling me there is "no way" you could have a job and maintain your GPA?

There is a way, because myself and many others do it.  Those excuses won't get you far in life once you're out of college.
I spent from 3 pm to 10 pm yesterday doing homework, only stopping for short breaks and dinner, and I didn't get everything done.  The day before was the same thing.  I plan to begin undergraduate research soon.  Does that help?

Also, this is my second degree.  After I got my first degree, I moved out of state and worked for a while.  That's where I developed my work ethic, and I decided I was working too hard for too little and decided to go back to school to get a better career.  You don't need to lecture me about life after college.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 04, 2010, 11:47:26 am
Good article. When you charge the students more than a token admission price AND give poor seats, you give them good reasons not to attend, if there isn't a good product on the floor. When they are out of the habit of attending, it's hard to mold the habit again.

The last time we had a solid basketball team, some of these kids were in Kindergarten.

Think about that.

These kids are simply not basketball fans.  They grew up believing that Arkansas is a bottom feeder in basketball and they are absolutely correct.  I rarely missed a game in college, but I can't pat myself on the back because I was also watching the #1 team in the nation for quite awhile; it's easy to get pumped up for that.

These kids have something better to do than spend their money and time on these games.  And a couple of marginally decent wins isn't going to change that.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 04, 2010, 05:30:29 pm

By the way, do you not detect any irony in what you are saying?  We're talking about having time and money for attending basketball games.  I say that I don't have the time or the money to spare on something that frivolous because I'm a serious student in a very demanding program, and you're telling me that my "excuses" won't get me far in life after college.  I didn't realize that attending basketball games was such a high priority.

Mr. Cooper

Do campus officials really try to get the students to sit down? Seriously?
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2011, 12:24:57 am
oh good...a poster with the word MILF in his avatar,  quoting scripture.
Quote from: ke2743 on March 07, 2011, 11:54:00 pm
Ok then, I'm going to need a vet, a priest, some rubber gloves and 3 gallons of boones farm.  Let's get this party started.

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."

Speedracer

I think we have become one of the more boring atmospheres in college basketball.  I remember when I attended games in college at BWA and students started getting in trouble for standing during the game and blue hair thinking people were being inappropriate.  Personally I don't blame the students.  I wouldn't go to this garbage either.  The department needs to really rethink how they are marketing the basketball program.
Like smites bother me.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 08:19:19 am
I spent from 3 pm to 10 pm yesterday doing homework, only stopping for short breaks and dinner, and I didn't get everything done.  The day before was the same thing.  I plan to begin undergraduate research soon.  Does that help?

Also, this is my second degree.  After I got my first degree, I moved out of state and worked for a while.  That's where I developed my work ethic, and I decided I was working too hard for too little and decided to go back to school to get a better career.  You don't need to lecture me about life after college.

For your third degree, might I suggest something that includes an emphasis on time management. If it takes you that long to do your homework, you are either not smart enough to grasp the material, suck at time management, or you just like to make excuses.

Undergrad research has nothing to do with not being able to go to games.  I'm not lecturing you about life after college, I do however find it funny that life after college didn't work out for you the first time around.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 09:46:18 am
For your third degree, might I suggest something that includes an emphasis on time management. If it takes you that long to do your homework, you are either not smart enough to grasp the material, suck at time management, or you just like to make excuses.

Undergrad research has nothing to do with not being able to go to games.  I'm not lecturing you about life after college, I do however find it funny that life after college didn't work out for you the first time around.

i give this post Fo' thumbs down for d!ckishness.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 08:48:25 am
By the way, do you not detect any irony in what you are saying?  We're talking about having time and money for attending basketball games.  I say that I don't have the time or the money to spare on something that frivolous because I'm a serious student in a very demanding program, and you're telling me that my "excuses" won't get me far in life after college.  I didn't realize that attending basketball games was such a high priority.

Nothing ironic about what I said.  You made excuses about there being "no way" you could work while in school, I simply said making excuses won't get you far.  The only ironic thing is that you post on a Razorback message board about Razorback basketball, yet you say Razorback basketball is "frivolous."

A basketball game isn't a high priority, but for someone with 2k posts on a sports message board, I imagine it's not to far down the priority list.

Hog on the Hill

February 05, 2010, 10:14:10 am #63 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:17:33 am by Hog on the Hill
Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 09:46:18 am

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 09:54:57 am
Nothing ironic about what I said.  You made excuses about there being "no way" you could work while in school, I simply said making excuses won't get you far.  The only ironic thing is that you post on a Razorback message board about Razorback basketball, yet you say Razorback basketball is "frivolous."

A basketball game isn't a high priority, but for someone with 2k posts on a sports message board, I imagine it's not to far down the priority list.
Let me get this right.  You used to be a Chem/Bio major, but couldn't get past Organic II, so you switched to the business college, and you are telling ME that I'm not smart enough for my degree?

It sounds like you are projecting your issues onto me.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=284825.msg4057999#msg4057999

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 12, 2009, 04:57:33 pm
lol, yep. everything was running smoothly up until Organic I, then the wheels fell off in Organic II. I am now on the 5 year plan, maybe 5 1/2 year plan thanks the the GAs that taught those classes.  But, the job market is bad right now so instead of me graduating in may, i will graduate a year later with hopefully a better job market.  Plus I wanted to do pharmacy, which would be 4 more years of school so im just trying to look at it glass half full. Except summer classes have become part of the plan which is not cool.

The best part is that you blamed your troubles on the GAs, and yet you're lecturing me on "excuses".

Thanks for the laughs.

kingofdequeen

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Smithian

Quote from: Mr. Cooper on February 05, 2010, 09:20:02 am
Do campus officials really try to get the students to sit down? Seriously?
Aside from halftime, never.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 10:14:10 am
Let me get this right.  You used to be a Chem/Bio major, but couldn't get past Organic II, so you switched to the business college, and you are telling ME that I'm not smart enough for my degree?

The best part is that you blamed your troubles on the GAs, and yet you're lecturing me on "excuses".

Thanks for the laughs.

You spend 7 hours a day studying/homework/whatever, I spent 2... a week,
Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 10:14:10 am

Thanks for the laughs.

+1 for going back a year to dig something up, I didn't know I meant so much to you.  Looks like you'll be studying past 10 tonight since you wasted needed time on digging up information.

Since you feel the need to make it a who's smarter contest, am I smarter than you because I recognized my mistaken path in my sophomore year of college rather than get a degree, not use it, then have to come back and study 7+hours a day to get another one. Or the fact that I have managed to find a way to earn a degree while having a job and still manage to make it to basketball games?

As far as the GA is concerned, that was an excuse and a bad one at that. Well played.

pigzwillrise

the problem is that MOST of the UA student do not care about the basketball program... many really do not care about the football program.. most students go to football games just because thats where everyone else is... outside of a few students who love the hog basketball team, most just do not care... and i agree it is pathetic.. and no they can't complain about ticket prices... thats dumb... theyre paying a fraction of what other people drive for miles to pay... the only argument that the students can have IMO is the product on the floor has not been very fun to watch... if that changes maybe some students will change their mind.. but most of them won't

healthyhog

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 01:04:19 pm
You spend 7 hours a day studying/homework/whatever, I spent 2... a week

Probably why you couldn't pass Organic II.  I'd say that 7 hours a day studying is the difference between an A and.....well, you.

Hog on the Hill

February 05, 2010, 01:40:56 pm #70 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:45:41 pm by Hog on the Hill
+1 for going back a year to dig something up, I didn't know I meant so much to you.  Looks like you'll be studying past 10 tonight since you wasted needed time on digging up information.

Since you feel the need to make it a who's smarter contest, am I smarter than you because I recognized my mistaken path in my sophomore year of college rather than get a degree, not use it, then have to come back and study 7+hours a day to get another one. Or the fact that I have managed to find a way to earn a degree while having a job and still manage to make it to basketball games?

As far as the GA is concerned, that was an excuse and a bad one at that. Well played.

It took me 5 minutes to find that post of yours.  Look at the timestamps on the posts--I replied within 20 minutes of your post.

And I never made this a "who's smarter" contest.  You were the first person to make a qualitative statement about anyone's smartness in this thread, and you did so by insulting me.  You've consistently acted like an ******* in this thread, and I haven't made a single personal attack against you.  All I did point out your hypocrisy after you attacked me.

For someone who likes to lecture others on how to behave, lest they fail in the "real world", you certainly develop a terrible attitude when someone disagrees with you.  I hope that's just your internet persona and not your real life persona.

If you can get your degree, learn the skills you need to accomplish your career goals, and make it to all the basketball games, then good for you.  I'm envious.  But don't tell me it's BS when I say I can't do all that.

Good luck with your semester if you're still in school.

Bill_Smith

Quote from: Scaife on February 04, 2010, 03:20:06 pm
Nevermind what I said about athletic fees... they've gone down. Only $45 a semester, WOW! I was paying about 165 a semester, best I remember.
Are you sure about that athletic fee?  Maybe a HPER fee?
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: Bill_Smith on February 05, 2010, 01:47:11 pm
Are you sure about that athletic fee?  Maybe a HPER fee?
You can review all of the student fees here.  There is no athletics fee.

http://treasurer.uark.edu/Tuition.asp?ssemester=Spring

Mr. Cooper

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 21, 2011, 12:24:57 am
oh good...a poster with the word MILF in his avatar,  quoting scripture.
Quote from: ke2743 on March 07, 2011, 11:54:00 pm
Ok then, I'm going to need a vet, a priest, some rubber gloves and 3 gallons of boones farm.  Let's get this party started.

"Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it."

The Pig

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 01:40:56 pm
It took me 5 minutes to find that post of yours.  Look at the timestamps on the posts--I replied within 20 minutes of your post.

And I never made this a "who's smarter" contest.  You were the first person to make a qualitative statement about anyone's smartness in this thread, and you did so by insulting me.  You've consistently acted like an ******* in this thread, and I haven't made a single personal attack against you.  All I did point out your hypocrisy after you attacked me.

For someone who likes to lecture others on how to behave, lest they fail in the "real world", you certainly develop a terrible attitude when someone disagrees with you.  I hope that's just your internet persona and not your real life persona.

If you can get your degree, learn the skills you need to accomplish your career goals, and make it to all the basketball games, then good for you.  I'm envious.  But don't tell me it's BS when I say I can't do all that.

Just a small point......Based on your board stats, the time you've been on Hogville has cost you over 134 days of study time (based on your own 7 hour per day estimate).

Based on that number, if you were to give up your passion for posting, you could either finish your degree quicker or work 20 hrs per week (your time on the board would provide over 50 weeks of work at 20hrs per week) to allow yourself a little extra spending money.

Or.....you could devote a little of that time to attend the Razorback basketball games, and don't use the "not that important" reasoning because you obviously (based on over 39 days of online Hogville time) have a passion for all things Razorback sports related......Just sayin'

Hawg Balling

Quote from: pigsooiec5 on February 04, 2010, 02:07:26 pm
anyone saying they can't afford student tix is a liar

You must not have gone to UA then.  I graduated almost 3 years ago and basketball tickets were upwards of $100 for a set of 6, while football tickets were $1 apiece.  Disproportionate?  I should say so.

Hog on the Hill

February 05, 2010, 02:47:22 pm #76 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:53:44 pm by Hog on the Hill
Quote from: The Pig on February 05, 2010, 02:34:04 pm
Just a small point......Based on your board stats, the time you've been on Hogville has cost you over 134 days of study time (based on your own 7 hour per day estimate).

Based on that number, if you were to give up your passion for posting, you could either finish your degree quicker or work 20 hrs per week (your time on the board would provide over 50 weeks of work at 20hrs per week) to allow yourself a little extra spending money.

Or.....you could devote a little of that time to attend the Razorback basketball games, and don't use the "not that important" reasoning because you obviously (based on over 39 days of online Hogville time) have a passion for all things Razorback sports related......Just sayin'
I assume you meant 134 hours of study time instead of days.

I have been registered for 902 days and have spent 39 days logged in (I'm not sure how that's calculated since I stay logged in even when I'm not at the computer, and I keep Hogville open in a window when doing other things).  39/902 = 0.04, and 0.04 * 24 hours = 1 hour per day.

I have only been a student for 15 of the 30 months I have been registered, the rest of the time I worked.

At most, you can estimate that I lose an hour of study time to Hogville.

I have no idea how you estimated that I would have 20 free hours a week if I quit posting on Hogville.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 05, 2010, 02:38:52 pm
You must not have gone to UA then.  I graduated almost 3 years ago and basketball tickets were upwards of $100 for a set of 6, while football tickets were $1 apiece.  Disproportionate?  I should say so.

Season tickets are $106
6 game packages are $36
Single game tickets are $6

Been this way for at least five years.

ua_hogs

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 01:40:56 pm

I never said you weren't smart, you chose to run with that option over the other two.  I find it hard to believe a undergrad doesn't have extra time on their hands based on school reasons alone.  You might be an outlier when it comes to free time, and based on your persistence, you might be.  90% of undergrads who only have school to worry about, have plenty of free time.

When you said there was "no way" you could have a job, I didn't believe you, and still don't.  Baby sitting, on campus job that allows you flexible hours and the ability to study while you work, etc. are all available.  I find it extremely hard to believe that someone couldn't muster up $106 dollars and 2hours a week and 2hours on weekends to be available for games solely based on the premise that they have to focus on academics.

I probably took it to far personally, and I apologize.  As for my attitude, it's fine, I don't have a problem with disagreements.  Just problem with people who tell me something that makes no sense and expect me to believe it.

kingofdequeen

hogs start winning, butts will fill seats...as of this moment?

30 packs of keylight + beerpong + chasing box > hog bball.

DukeOfPork

If you studied only 2 hours per week and then complained about not passing a particular class, then you are in no position to lecture anyone.

What kind of major allows someone to study only 2 hours per week?!

The Pig

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 02:47:22 pm
I assume you meant 134 hours of study time instead of days.

I have been registered for 902 days and have spent 39 days logged in (I'm not sure how that's calculated since I stay logged in even when I'm not at the computer, and I keep Hogville open in a window when doing other things).  39/902 = 0.04, and 0.04 * 24 hours = 1 hour per day.

I have only been a student for 15 of the 30 months I have been registered, the rest of the time I worked.

At most, you can estimate that I lose an hour of study time to Hogville.

I have no idea how you estimated that I would have 20 free hours a week if I quit posting on Hogville.

I was only using actual "facts" that were available to me. You have been logged into Hogville for over 39 Days and 7 hours when I checked earlier. That translates into 943 hours.

Not sure how you want to couch that since i was dealing only in what I could verify. Based on your estimated daily study time (7 hrs daily) divided into 943 hours I came up with 134+ days of study time. I'll let you figure out the 20hr workweek thing.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: The Pig on February 05, 2010, 05:08:31 pm
I was only using actual "facts" that were available to me. You have been logged into Hogville for over 39 Days and 7 hours when I checked earlier. That translates into 943 hours.

Not sure how you want to couch that since i was dealing only in what I could verify. Based on your estimated daily study time (7 hrs daily) divided into 943 hours I came up with 134+ days of study time. I'll let you figure out the 20hr workweek thing.
You're looking at it all wrong.  You should be looking at how many hours I spend on Hogville per day, which, according to my calculations, is 1 hour per day.  Furthermore, you don't account for periods during which I was not enrolled in school (which is half the time I've been registered).  It's silly to count the time I spent on Hogville when not enrolled in class toward the "used up study time" tally.

Regardless of how much time I spend on Hogville, I maintain a 4.0 in physics classes as a full-time student.  I don't need anyone to tell me how to use my time.

Thanks for your concern.

The Pig

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 05:29:04 pm
You're looking at it all wrong.  You should be looking at how many hours I spend on Hogville per day, which, according to my calculations, is 1 hour per day.  Furthermore, you don't account for periods during which I was not enrolled in school (which is half the time I've been registered).  It's silly to count the time I spent on Hogville when not enrolled in class toward the "used up study time" tally.

Regardless of how much time I spend on Hogville, I maintain a 4.0 in physics classes as a full-time student.  I don't need anyone to tell me how to use my time.

Thanks for your concern.

I never professed as to how you should use your time, just breaking down the hours spent on hogville into simple terms that a 4.0 Physics major could understand.

As for an hour per day, the average would come fairly close to bearing that out, but you must admit, there seem to be many of your professed, study days that you spend much more (such as today).

As for the concern, it was my pleasure, good luck in your studies!

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: The Pig on February 05, 2010, 05:35:04 pm
I never professed as to how you should use your time, just breaking down the hours spent on hogville into simple terms that a 4.0 Physics major could understand.

As for an hour per day, the average would come fairly close to bearing that out, but you must admit, there seem to be many of your professed, study days that you spend much more (such as today).

As for the concern, it was my pleasure, good luck in your studies!
It's Friday and I feel very good about the test I took today. 

ua_hogs

Quote from: PorkPariah on February 05, 2010, 04:57:38 pm
If you studied only 2 hours per week and then complained about not passing a particular class, then you are in no position to lecture anyone.

What kind of major allows someone to study only 2 hours per week?!

Who said I didn't pass the class?

ChicoHog

Ok, I'm an old guy who never missed a home game at Barnhill from 79-83 or a home football game.  All my friends went to every game also except maybe a couple of the pre-med type guys who actually did have to study more than the rest of us business majors.  Usually one weekend game and one weekday game for basketball.  We camped out for tickets my sophomore year for about 3 or 4 days I think.  I got chairback tickets about 10 rows up around the free throw line.  Great seats.  Then because of that the process was changed but we still got tickets.  It was a priority then but now there are so many other things for people to do it's just not as important. 

athunt

I went to almost every home game my first 2 years I lived on campus, 1 year in the dorm and 1 year in my frat house. Since moving off campus 2 years ago, it is such a hassle to get decent parking and get off campus within an hour and a half, I and most just assume to watch it on TV.

Lack of student attendence is far from the explanation for poor atmospheres at home games. Very few programs are actually supported by their student body. And those that are dont have the promise and football history that we do.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Buck Brewer

Today's students are putheys, but they don't know any better. For those of us that were students at the Barn and when they opened BWA it's painful watching that pathetic student section.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 06:12:12 pm
Who said I didn't pass the class?

No, all you said was that the "wheels fell off in Organic II".  You then bragged that you only spent 2 hours studying per week.

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 05, 2010, 05:29:04 pm

Thanks for your concern.

As a guy who has taken a lot of physics/calculus, etc. let me advise you to just blow him off.  Your 7 hours of studying per day was not far off from what I experienced in some of my semesters.  Anyone who harrasses a physics major with a 4.0 about time management is just deluding himself.

athunt

Quote from: SherlockHog on February 05, 2010, 08:26:29 pm
Today's students are putheys, but they don't know any better. For those of us that were students at the Barn and when they opened BWA it's painful watching that pathetic student section.
Hold on to that for the rest of your life, and never let it go.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

DukeOfPork

Quote from: SherlockHog on February 05, 2010, 08:26:29 pm

That's funny.  You're from the same era as me and I am far more offended by the quality of basketball than the students.

bphi11ips

Wow.  I had no idea.  This article really saddens me.  Student tickets were expensive when I was there, but you had to camp out to get them.  The line ran from the ticket window in the Broyles Center down the east side of Razorback Stadium (no Reynolds back then).  The jammed student section in Barnhill was centercourt.  Every game was an adrenaline rush. 

Whatever needs to happen to give students that experience once again needs to happen.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 06, 2010, 11:46:33 am
Wow.  I had no idea.  This article really saddens me.  Student tickets were expensive when I was there, but you had to camp out to get them.  The line ran from the ticket window in the Broyles Center down the east side of Razorback Stadium (no Reynolds back then).  The jammed student section in Barnhill was centercourt.  Every game was an adrenaline rush. 

Whatever needs to happen to give students that experience once again needs to happen.

Win.

Our games don't matter anymore.

ua_hogs

Quote from: PorkPariah on February 05, 2010, 08:31:43 pm
No, all you said was that the "wheels fell off in Organic II".  You then bragged that you only spent 2 hours studying per week.

Ok... Thanks for telling me what I said... I guess.  Bragging?  Weird, didn't realize I was bragging, thanks for filling me in.

What's your angle here?  Read what people say, put your own spin on it, then tell them what they said according to you? 

Quote from: PorkPariah on February 05, 2010, 08:31:43 pm
As a guy who has taken a lot of physics/calculus, etc. let me advise you to just blow him off.  Your 7 hours of studying per day was not far off from what I experienced in some of my semesters.  Anyone who harrasses a physics major with a 4.0 about time management is just deluding himself.

So having a 4.0 in (insert major here) means no matter what you do, you spend your time wisely?  I believe the ones deluding themselves are the ones who believe they have little to no free time during their undergrad studies.

LibraryHog

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 04, 2010, 01:25:34 pm
Ticket price has nothing to do with it. The problem is most of the students are only there to pimp their new polo that mommy bought them, then they're gone by halftime.

WRONG.
that's football, sir.

LibraryHog

Quote from: taintlint on February 04, 2010, 03:16:47 pm
The UA students today do not go for two reasons:

1) The team has sucked for so long that most students were 5 and 6 years old when we were nationally relevant.

2) The students feel entitled to tickets for 25 cents, someone to pick them up at their front door, and tuck them in bed after the game.

I don't give a frick what a student gets on here and says. They'll buy a #5 at Arby's and not think twice, or a 12 pack, but cry a river of tears at the thought of spending the same money on a ticket.

If they don't want to go, fine. But save the "it's so expensive" line of BS. That same line is used by students with 700 iTunes downloads and $200 jeans. It's just a matter of choice. Bottom line.

Students had to study in the 80's and 90's as well. Like I said, it's simply that they choose not to attend, and that's ok.

Actually, students dont go because you always have to buy the bulk over 100 dollar package!!!

This year, they finally instituted a policy for 6 dollar student tickets at the door but there are only 250 of them!
We had to stand outside the arena at a game 3 weeks ago because they had already sold the 250 and were looking inside the arena to see if there was room for us.  Keep in mind, this is when we were averaging about 3,000 a game.
We weren't able to get in the game until the 9 minute mark of the first half.

Also, there was no word from U of A to students about having tickets at the door.  No email, no text message, no flyers, NOTHING.

Blame the university, not the students.
The guy who wrote this article is a pure idiot.

The guy who posted this again, why?  Everyone destroyed this thread last time you posted.

LibraryHog

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 05, 2010, 02:58:39 pm
Season tickets are $106
6 game packages are $36
Single game tickets are $6

Been this way for at least five years.

Single game tickets just started THIS YEAR.
And they didn't tell anyone about it.

ua_hogs

Quote from: LibraryHog on February 06, 2010, 05:01:53 pm
Single game tickets just started THIS YEAR.
And they didn't tell anyone about it.

Correct, should have been more specific. The full season and 6 game package has been the same for at least five years. Single tickets started this year.

And they should have done a better job of promoting the single game tickets. But it's hard to sell the season or package tickets if people know about single game tickets.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: ua_hogs on February 06, 2010, 12:43:51 pm
Ok... Thanks for telling me what I said... I guess.  Bragging?  Weird, didn't realize I was bragging, thanks for filling me in.

What's your angle here?  Read what people say, put your own spin on it, then tell them what they said according to you? 

So having a 4.0 in (insert major here) means no matter what you do, you spend your time wisely?  I believe the ones deluding themselves are the ones who believe they have little to no free time during their undergrad studies.

I suggest that you go read your own posts.

Have you ever taken calculus-based physics courses?  If not, then you don't have a clue what he has to do on a daily basis.