Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts

Started by hawgfan4life, March 01, 2017, 08:59:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

1. Kingsley's lack of toughness around the rim kills us at times.  He plays under the rim against tough defense and misses too many and one opportunities.

2.  Barford is at his best attacking full speed.  Really liking him more all the time.

3.  We can't buy a charge and then they call one on us.  Refs didn't beat us because we did plenty of that ourselves.  However they certainly factored in late when we were clawing into the game.  Final straw was MK dishing to a driving Thomas who got mugged attacking the rim.  No call after having called several questionable calls on us.  We never recovered from that play.

4.  If Hannah's, Barford, and Macon are all in 6'3 to 6'4 range, every team we plays has 6'6 guards.  We give up length on the perimeter up top to every team we play.  Kingsley looks smaller than most post players.  Man we need more length to go to the next level.

5.  Really need to beat Georgia.  I have said for weeks that 23 gets us into the NCAA.  It will!

BannerMountainMan

I think we play better than decent..keeping it around single digits for most part of the second half against a top ten team in my opinion is great espcially for some of the calls that we got called against us! That Florida team is really good and we are just a few notches lower than them.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 01, 2017, 08:59:10 pm
1. Kingsley's lack of toughness around the rim kills us at times.  He plays under the rim against tough defense and misses too many and one opportunities.

2.  Barford is at his best attacking full speed.  Really liking him more all the time.

3.  We can't buy a charge and then they call one on us.  Refs didn't beat us because we did plenty of that ourselves.  However they certainly factored in late when we were clawing into the game.  Final straw was MK dishing to a driving Thomas who got mugged attacking the rim.  No call after having called several questionable calls on us.  We never recovered from that play.

4.  If Hannah's, Barford, and Macon are all in 6'3 to 6'4 range, every team we plays has 6'6 guards.  We give up length on the perimeter up top to every team we play.  Kingsley looks smaller than most post players.  Man we need more length to go to the next level.

5.  Really need to beat Georgia.  I have said for weeks that 23 gets us into the NCAA.  It will!

I think we beat Georgia.  Glad hogs hung in there the last 10 min despite a few bad calls but Gators hit shots when they needed to toward the end.  Kingsley seems a bit more tentative than he was last year.  I think we are in good shape if we win 2 of next 3 for sure.

hogsanity

should have played zone the entire game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 01, 2017, 09:12:27 pm

I think we beat Georgia.  Glad hogs hung in there the last 10 min despite a few bad calls but Gators hit shots when they needed to toward the end.  Kingsley seems a bit more tentative than he was last year.  I think we are in good shape if we win 2 of next 3 for sure.
i wonder why he's tentative
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawgfan4life

He is tentative because he doesn't like contact imo.  He should be rattling the whole backboard support system against players at times but he always goes for the fade, hook, or short hop shot without jumping like his life depends on it.

RagingHawgOn

Watching this team is so frustrating. I'd give my left...eye...if we could put it all together and make a run. We lost to a great Florida team but that's no excuse.

Truth is, this team is not set up to make a deep run - personnel-wise or coaching-wise. I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong because I want our Hogs to win every time on the court, field, track, diamond whatever.

WPS

Timfromlittlerockhog

I didn't expect to win this game. I don't like K. Allen and get really sick  :puke: of broadcasters saying stupid things like its K. Allen versus his home state. No its not, its Arkansas verse Florida and the refs. Could we have done some things better coaching and playing wise ? Sure. But do you honestly think that the ref's were going to let us upset the higher seeded team ?

Not going to happen. Not in the corrupt SEC. We should have beat them when we had them at home. But we are a young team and it has taken some time to gel.

Having said all that I think we can make some noise in the NCAA tournament. At least there the officiating should be competent.