Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' bench last night

Started by HognotinMemphis, February 21, 2018, 11:08:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

6 points, 7 rebounds, no FT's, and 4 of team's 9 turnovers, . Are you kidding me? Thanks for nothing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

lynbug

Kentucky was a little under the gun last night and their team and coach rose to the occasion.  We needed a total effort from everyone to hang with them til the end and it didn't happen.  Macon can only do so much.

txkhog

lynbug

HawgTrough

Quote from: lynbug on February 21, 2018, 12:28:41 pm
Kentucky was a little under the gun last night and their team and coach rose to the occasion.  We needed a total effort from everyone to hang with them til the end and it didn't happen.  Macon can only do so much.

Careful. The hogville cryers don't want to hear this. Obviously Arkansas will never win a game again.
WPS

Beaverfever

CJ Jones has been the key to this team the whole time.  He just hasn't played to his ceiling this year and it's limited the team.

Beaverfever

Quote from: lynbug on February 21, 2018, 12:28:41 pm
They did.  I think playing in such an amped up atmosphere was actually a boost for them.  That's their scene.  That's when their guys come to play.  They knew it was a big game and they came ready to fight. 

AlmaHog2011

Early when we had control of the game Jones missed wide open shots that killed us. Allowed them to close the gap. It was back to the Macon-Barford one on one show. We have to many players that aren't athletic and can't score. Why he doesn't play Hall is beyond me. Constantly running Beard out there has hurt the development of Hall and Jones they should be getting his minutes. I swear I would play one of the walkons before I played Cook.

To really be a top 20 top 15 team we need to have more players that can hurt the other team. We needed for Jones to hit some of those shots. I have lost faith in him I mean he was wide open and clanked his shots.

txkhog

But he shoots so well in practice...🙄

sickboy

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 21, 2018, 12:48:20 pm
CJ Jones has been the key to this team the whole time.  He just hasn't played to his ceiling this year and it's limited the team.

He's got something going on in his head. The kid can shoot and he's got touch on his shot, but it's just not dropping. Don't get. I don't know that he's the key to the team, but if his shot was dropping, it should would help.

rude1

Quote from: sickboy on February 21, 2018, 07:21:27 pm
He's got something going on in his head. The kid can shoot and he's got touch on his shot, but it's just not dropping. Don't get. I don't know that he's the key to the team, but if his shot was dropping, it should would help.
Confidence shot. Watched him pass up two or three wide open looks after missing his first couple, got rid of the ball quickly like a hot potato even though he was wide open. Added pressure of knowing that if he misses a couple he won't be allowed to play his way into the game like others, he will probably sit the rest of the game and watch.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 21, 2018, 12:51:59 pm
They did.  I think playing in such an amped up atmosphere was actually a boost for them.  That's their scene.  That's when their guys come to play.  They knew it was a big game and they came ready to fight. 
This is so sad, even though true.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Rbill

Quote from: rude1 on February 21, 2018, 08:02:56 pmAdded pressure of knowing that if he misses a couple he won't be allowed to play his way into the game like others, he will probably sit the rest of the game and watch.

This is the truth. It boils down to mismanagement IMO. Give that kid a Beard-level vote of confidence. I've never seen a more infuriating managing style of a roster. We have our stone-cold arbitrary favorites that are locked down no matter how they perform, and a revolving door of people in and out of the doghouse and the limelight with little rhyme or reason.

rude1

Quote from: Rbill on February 21, 2018, 08:11:59 pm
This is the truth. It boils down to mismanagement IMO. Give that kid a Beard-level vote of confidence. I've never seen a more infuriating managing style of a roster. We have our stone-cold arbitrary favorites that are locked down no matter how they perform, and a revolving door of people in and out of the doghouse and the limelight with little rhyme or reason.
Take Barford for example last night horrible night shooting the ball, lethargic at best on the defensive end, yet 30 minutes of playing time, in that time he recorded 1 rebound and 1 assist but made sure he got up equal shot attempts as Macon. MA has his favorites too, and playing time isn't always metered out based on production.

Letsroll1200

Mike's biggest recruiting failure is not recruiting a true point guard. They make the game so much easier. Arkansas only point guard was Durham, in 7 years on the Hill.

He got Moses so many easy buckets.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 08:36:28 pm
Mike's biggest recruiting failure is not recruiting a true point guard. They make the game so much easier. Arkansas only point guard was Durham, in 7 years on the Hill.

Overrated, we were a .500 team with Durham. What good would a point guard do when you have 3 ball dominant guards already playing? Both Macon and Barford like to play with the ball in their hands, and when they aren't Beard wants it. A point guard would would have to rip the ball out one of those guys hands if he wanted to attempt to run the offense.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 08:36:28 pm

Also a good PG would take the ballhandling away from Barford and Macon. It wears them down cause really Beard is not a PG or a shooting guard. If we had a PG this team would be a lot better.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Rbill on February 21, 2018, 08:11:59 pm

Exactly Beard can't do any wrong in Anderson's eye's.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on February 21, 2018, 08:39:40 pm
Overrated, we were a .500 team with Durham. What good would a point guard do when you have 3 ball dominant guards already playing? Both Macon and Barford like to play with the ball in their hands, and when they aren't Beard wants it. A point guard would would have to rip the ball out one of those guys hands if he wanted to attempt to run the offense.

It would make the game easier for Macon and Barford. These guys for Auburn are getting easy shots because of Harper. We keep going after combo guards and I know people are excited about Justice Hill. However, did anybody else offer him in basketball?

Is Justice Hill a more popular Dee Wagner? I don't know but we need a game changer at point guard.

Dillon23

C.J. is 1 out of his last 16 from deep.  That is not helping.

lstewart

CJ's shot is very flat. Seems like if he had a little more arch to it, he might be a little more accurate. When he is hot, it looks great. But I've always felt that type of shot is more prone to be off. Compare his arc on a 3 to Barford and Macon.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 21, 2018, 08:51:55 pm
It would make the game easier for Macon and Barford. These guys for Auburn are getting easy shots because of Harper. We keep going after combo guards and I know people are excited about Justice Hill. However, did anybody else offer him in basketball?

Is Justice Hill a more popular Dee Wagner? I don't know but we need a game changer at point guard.
If you want a point guard then you better get guards who can play "WITHOUT" the ball. The guys we have now would be horrible trying to match them with a point guard. Barford and Macon aren't going to defer to some point guard with the ball.

TheRazorback500

Anderson's weird substitution patterns don't help, either.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HawgTrough

Quote from: lstewart on February 22, 2018, 02:44:34 pm
CJ's shot is very flat. Seems like if he had a little more arch to it, he might be a little more accurate. When he is hot, it looks great. But I've always felt that type of shot is more prone to be off. Compare his arc on a 3 to Barford and Macon.

Seems to have sideways spin. Like he's hesitant to snap on release and trying to guide it in.
WPS

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 21, 2018, 12:48:20 pm

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Dillon23 on February 22, 2018, 02:22:38 pm
C.J. is 1 out of his last 16 from deep.  That is not helping.

a dusty bell, he's not..