Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING: Czar Perry receives D1 offer ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 24, 2017, 10:29:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 25, 2017, 01:16:26 am
I doubt he chooses an offer like that. He knows he's better than that, and if he's accepted JUCO and plays well for 2 years and makes the grades, he'll have a lot better opportunity. May not be Arkansas because of the numbers, but I think he can be a P5 player from what I've seen.

Kentucky or bust

Pinto

He's about to be a top 50 player next season

FineAsSwine

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pinto on April 25, 2017, 08:22:06 pm
He's about to be a top 50 player next season

You are not correct. And I love Perry's game and think he P5 caliber

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 25, 2017, 08:26:08 pm
You really believe that?

Yes, if he reclassifies to 2018 class and get out of South arkansas to get the proper recognition and coaching.

Pinto

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 25, 2017, 08:35:02 pm
You are not correct. And I love Perry's game and think he P5 caliber

We will see. He's about to start playing in the Adidas Gauntlet this summer and get some exposure.

Big Nasty 34

Interesting! Would be great to get him next year to go with other great in-state guards.

Hawg Red

Good for him getting eligible. I'm still salty about playing for Kentucky being his dream. I don't like that. I know most here won't care as long as he ends up a Hog. But I care. I know the kid is good but I want Arkansas to come first for Arkansas kids. I don't like Arkansas being a consolation for in-state recruits. We'll see what happens.

Pinto

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 26, 2017, 09:51:24 am
Good for him getting eligible. I'm still salty about playing for Kentucky being his dream. I don't like that. I know most here won't care as long as he ends up a Hog. But I care. I know the kid is good but I want Arkansas to come first for Arkansas kids. I don't like Arkansas being a consolation for in-state recruits. We'll see what happens.

That's just how it is in South Arkansas. We even have a lot of LSU fans in the area so the fan base isn't as strong.

NWAHog479

Good for him, do what's best for you... He's better than the offers he's received, develop your game and generate the offers that you envision for yourself. Hopefully a Hog offer is one that excites him, but be careful what you wish for!

Kevin McPherson

I'm a huge Czar Perry fan. As it was becoming more and more clear the he was going to qualify, he was very interested in walking on at Arkansas (remember the 2 ambiguous tweets that got their own thread here?). However, he was also starting to generate mid- and high-major interest as a result of the likelihood of qualifying. But, it is so late in the game that the number of options simply weren't there for him. Thus, he decided to go to prep school and give himself a full year to get more high-major interest, and hopefully offers. He's betting on himself, and I think this could end up being very good for him. And if not, then worse-case is he'll still have all options on the table in a year that he has now.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/857267363837771776

Letsroll1200

If he has a big summer circuit and develops in Prep school I believe Perry could be a Razorback.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pinto on April 26, 2017, 10:06:20 am
That's just how it is in South Arkansas. We even have a lot of LSU fans in the area so the fan base isn't as strong.

Idk about that.. I live in South ark .. 5 min from Oklahoma 10 from Texas .. there is LSU , Oklahoma , and Texas fans that I know but the ones that are . Are from those states and are transplanted here .. Arkansas fans far out weigh anybody else .. and I sure don't see any UK shirts

Pinto

Quote from: RaisinHog on April 26, 2017, 04:24:19 pm
Idk about that.. I live in South ark .. 5 min from Oklahoma 10 from Texas .. there is LSU , Oklahoma , and Texas fans that I know but the ones that are . Are from those states and are transplanted here .. Arkansas fans far out weigh anybody else .. and I sure don't see any UK shirts

I'm speaking of Lower Arkansas area; not Southwest Arkansas. And to be more specific, I'm referring to the African American community in Union County in which I grew up in. The Hog fan base isn't as strong as I wish it was. But I won't go off on a tangent with that topic...

wavybone

Pinto

Hogberry Snortcake

Pinto

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 27, 2017, 06:21:57 am
Noteworthy.  Or maybe not.

he's definitely considering it although he's pretty infatuated with Kentucky. Hopefully he'll grow out of that phase...

Kevin McPherson

NWAHog479

navyhog24

Any chance Czar could get offered by the Hogs since he is on track to qualify? Or is it too late for him?

daprospecta

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 27, 2017, 01:33:23 pm
Any chance Czar could get offered by the Hogs since he is on track to qualify? Or is it too late for him?
This is what I"m wondering. We have a scholarship.........

Pinto

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 27, 2017, 09:43:19 am
Czar ain't Malik...

Obviously not but as of now, I guarantee you he would choose UK over us if given the option

ballinhog

Quote from: RaisinHog on April 26, 2017, 04:24:19 pm

I live in Monticello and it's all hogs here

Kevin McPherson

Hawg Red

Czar's dad is calling out Arkansas for only offering Czar a spot as a walk-on on Twitter.

Kevin McPherson

Hawg Red

https://twitter.com/ormondo75/status/858071114974625792

https://twitter.com/ormondo75/status/858077117153771522

https://twitter.com/ormondo75/status/858085897929203712

Sounds bitter. Maybe the staff just doesn't think the kid is good enough. And why jump on the ONLY offer you get from a low-major in a terrible conference? Glad we don't have to deal this mess.

tophawg19

Dad may be the reason we didn't offer , Can't blame coaches because there was doubt about him qualifying . That is on the kid and his family to get the school work covered . Dad may be killing his chance for a late offer by trying to force the issue
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawg Red

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2017, 05:42:43 pm
Dad may be the reason we didn't offer , Can't blame coaches because there was doubt about him qualifying . That is on the kid and his family to get the school work covered . Dad may be killing his chance for a late offer by trying to force the issue

Could be. Those tweets definitely lacked class. But I've come not to expect much when I find out "the dream" is to play for Kentucky. You only find drama when that happens and now here we are.

King Kong

Good luck to Perry. A free education is a great thing

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2017, 05:47:20 pm
Could be. Those tweets definitely lacked class. But I've come not to expect much when I find out "the dream" is to play for Kentucky. You only find drama when that happens and now here we are.

A lot of truth here. It's one thing to choose Kentucky after looking around but another for it to be your dream.

Kentucky is an icon of punk prima Dona culture.

ShadowHawg

Ormondo thinks Warren Lynn, Ernie Murray, Chris Walker, Guy Whitney, Kiko Hydar, and Manny Watkins are all chumps for walking on.

tophawg19

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 28, 2017, 06:04:04 pm
Ormondo thinks Warren Lynn, Ernie Murray, Chris Walker, Guy Whitney, Kiko Hydar, and Manny Watkins are all chumps for walking on.
[/quote All saw the floor for a major basketball team. Unlike someone going to Northwestern wherever University .But then we can't blame the kid for the dad's tweets
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

klp1

April 28, 2017, 06:37:04 pm #37 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:44:56 pm by klp1
if his son's only offer is Northwestern State,  he is foolish to talk smack about an An SEC offer to walk on. What a jackass

Kevin McPherson

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ormondo needs to chill. Memphis is desperate for bodies and they didn't offer. stAte, UALR, UCA. The number of programs better than NW St and in need of quality guys is in the triple digits

Great for the kid to get an offer. All the dad is doing with the tweets is taking attention away from Czar. Seems a bit Ballish.

And it very well could be that the staff didn't want to take a chance on the kid bc of the parent. Why have that headache
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pinto

His dad is a great guy, just was probably a bit frustrated. No need for the name calling

nwahogfan1

I saw Perry a few times and he is a good player but if Northwestern was his best Div 1 offer then I have to believe Coaches did not think he was ready for SEC play or they did not think he is serious about school.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2017, 05:47:20 pm

Seems that any anger should be directed towards UK, the dream school.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Pinto on April 29, 2017, 07:27:30 am
His dad is a great guy, just was probably a bit frustrated. No need for the name calling

Who called him a name?

And frustrated by what? No one else other than Northwestern State offering the kid a scholarship?? No need to attack Anderson. As stated, plenty of programs passed on the kid. Seems to be wanting to blame everyone other than what the real reason is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 29, 2017, 07:57:56 pm
Seems that any anger should be directed towards UK, the dream school.

Not sure where you're seeing anger. But the statement still stands that drama seems to follow Arkansas kids that fancy Kentucky, no? Archie -> Monk -> Perry. Clear pattern.

HoopS

Clearly all the big schools passed on him. Not just the Hogs. And goodness why isn't he bitter at Kentucky? That was his dream school not Arkansas. Putting that bit of info out there probably didn't do him any favors. Not saying it had a direct effect but as for me, a Hog fan, reading he fancied being a Wildcat moved him off my "players I hope we sign" list. Screw  Kentucky. And screw Bama in football too. Admit those are your favorites and you probably should expect many of us won't push to sign you.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 29, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
Not sure where you're seeing anger. But the statement still stands that drama seems to follow Arkansas kids that fancy Kentucky, no? Archie -> Monk -> Perry. Clear pattern.

From his dads tweets.

hawginbigd1

I don't know much about him, but I hear lots of good things about his ability. For those that are knowledgeable is Harris>Perry?

Pinto

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2017, 03:43:56 pm
I don't know much about him, but I hear lots of good things about his ability. For those that are knowledgeable is Harris>Perry?

Yeah I'm a fan of Czar but you definitely take Harris over him.