Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone think the Hogs will put up these #'s on the road

Started by hogsanity, January 20, 2018, 10:48:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Hogs shot almost 55% today, went 11-22 from 3, and made 28 of 35 fts and still only won by 4 at home. Does anyone think they are going to go on the road and put up those #'s.

I do like how Hall has looked and Jones finally hit some shots by just catching and shooting.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lynbug

No...based on the past couple of weeks.  But when you look at what's happening across the league you realize that anything is possible.  At least we are able to keep hope alive.

alohawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2018, 10:48:46 pm
Hogs shot almost 55% today, went 11-22 from 3, and made 28 of 35 fts and still only won by 4 at home. Does anyone think they are going to go on the road and put up those #'s.

I do like how Hall has looked and Jones finally hit some shots by just catching and shooting.

That's quite depressing. Looks like they'll hold onto that #1 spot for average margin of defeat.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsanity

Quote from: lynbug on January 20, 2018, 11:51:35 pm
No...based on the past couple of weeks.  But when you look at what's happening across the league you realize that anything is possible.  At least we are able to keep hope alive.

It's true they may not need these types #'s to win but so far it looks like it for this team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PygmalionEffect2

That's the problem this year, we have a potent offense but maybe one of the poorer defensive teams in a while.

Good observations in other thread about poor coaching strategy and technique by MA and staff; too much ineffective trapping, inability to fight through screens, coached to switch rather than fight through leaving to endless mis-matches etc.  his career criticism of not teaching proper block out technique.

Seems to have CBB disease in not knowing the right personnel groupings to play, although that usually gets better through the season and was better yesterday.

Is Gafford a drop off defensively to Kingsley?   At this point in his career I would say definitely.

Kingsley played with more determination. 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

hobhog

Weird. Is there such a thing as a bad win? I felt like we escaped instead of won....

hogsanity

Quote from: hobhog on January 21, 2018, 09:22:23 am
Weird. Is there such a thing as a bad win? I felt like we escaped instead of won....

That's been all 3 sec wins.  Tn melted down at the end and saw the Hogs tie it, then the Hogs went up 11 in OT only to see TN cut it to two in about 45 seconds. Mizzu saw a potential game winning 3 take a long hard look before rimming out. OM saw the Hogs put up numbers that should have resulted on a 15+ pt blowout, yet OM was still in it right to the end.