Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zach Rogers will not return

Started by ricepig, January 18, 2018, 07:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Breaking: Offensive lineman Zach Rogers will not return to the #Razorbacks this year. He has graduated, is getting married and looks forward to starting a career in law enforcement. Best of luck to a great guy from a great family. #HawgSports

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/954163442256171011

010HogFan

So that's the transfer some were alluding to on here the other day. Best of luck to him

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogs run wild

fanonthehill was alluding to this...well, maybe this is it. best of luck Zach.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

ADavisTheGOAT

Our O-Line is going to suck next year unfortunately. Going to take a few classes to reverse the damage Bert and Kurt did
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 18, 2018, 07:37:31 pm
Our O-Line is going to suck next year unfortunately. Going to take a few classes to reverse the damage Bert and Kurt did

The ones we have here will hopefully get moving and be highly motivated. I think it may happen quicker than common sense would dictate.
This is my non-signature signature.

flagstaffhog

Good luck to Zach Rogers! I wonder what path in LE he is taking...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: flagstaffhog on January 18, 2018, 07:41:37 pm
Good luck to Zach Rogers! I wonder what path in LE he is taking...

Go HOGS Go!

Hopefully not a path where he has to spear someone....... litigation and all. lol.

Would make for a good dash-cam video.
This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

Darn the luck.  Happy for him, though.

I heard Monday from someone who would know that sixteen seniors in last year's class graduated in 3 1/2 years.  That is impressive.  The academic support for football players is off the chart.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SamBuckhart

Best to you and your bride. Thanks for being a HOG.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

theFlyingHog

I ran into Decori Birmingham and had a long conversation, not knowing it was him until it hit me the next day. Maybe I'll run into Zach and recognize him.

Hog Fan...DOH!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2018, 07:33:04 pm
Breaking: Offensive lineman Zach Rogers will not return to the #Razorbacks this year. He has graduated, is getting married and looks forward to starting a career in law enforcement. Best of luck to a great guy from a great family. #HawgSports

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/954163442256171011

I wish him a happy and successful life and congrats on getting his degree and getting married. Thanks for being a Hog!
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 18, 2018, 08:24:21 pm
I wish him a happy and successful life and congrats on getting his degree and getting married. Thanks for being a Hog!

DW later corrected his tweet and said he's already married.

Hog in Iowa

Good luck to you Zach!  You had some tough luck injury-wise throughout your FB career but you always stayed with it and never gave up.  We wish nothing but the best for you.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Hawgzinbowlz

Good Luck Zach. Thanks for your time here.

" GO HOGS "

Flrazrback

Sugar Free Hog

Sucks he didn't choose to do the senior walk. Best of luck to him. Seems he knows what he wants to do with his life, which is rare at that age.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

hawginbigd1

Good luck Zach, but man I couldn't do it. To each their own.

WaltonCollege

Should have played more. Bielema raves about the kid but didn't play him. He was pretty healthy the last few years idk man I just don't know. Oh right right I think he called Kurt Anderson chubby or something and got put in his dog house. Man our old staff were scrubs.

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 18, 2018, 07:43:54 pm
Hopefully not a path where he has to spear someone....... litigation and all. lol.

Would make for a good dash-cam video.

I was scratching my head at this one for a bit. I'm picturing him literally launching a spear into somebody, and trying to figure out the joke as if maybe cops afraid of shooting people thought that using spears would be better PR or something.

Then junior high memories returned to me and I then knew what you were talking about. Too much wine tonight perhaps (liquor stores closed too early, otherwise I'd be sipping whiskey instead).
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

pigture perfect

Thank you twice Zach. Once for being a great Razorback and twice for making the bad guys pay.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CFB_Fanatic

Thanks for all the hard work Zach. Good luck in life.

Is this the player leaving FANONTHEHILL was alluding to a few days back?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Hogs run wild on January 18, 2018, 07:37:23 pm
fanonthehill was alluding to this...well, maybe this is it. best of luck Zach.
Yes. Zach let teammates know after the season he was ready to move in to the next charter. He has been married for quite a while and I'm really happy for him.  Has his criminal justice degree and in hand.  I believe his wife is in grad school here aw well.  Big injuries in high school and some nagging injuries here, but the young man should have been in the field a lot more than we saw him.   Very happy to Zach and his wife.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

onebadrubi

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 19, 2018, 05:57:22 am
Yes. Zach let teammates know after the season he was ready to move in to the next charter. He has been married for quite a while and I'm really happy for him.  Has his criminal justice degree and in hand.  I believe his wife is in grad school here aw well.  Big injuries in high school and some nagging injuries here, but the young man should have been in the field a lot more than we saw him.   Very happy to Zach and his wife.

He was wrapped up in the mismanagement of Bielema and Anderson along with some other real good talents.

Kevin

Much respect to you Zach. may God Bless you and your family
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 19, 2018, 12:05:26 am
Should have played more. Bielema raves about the kid but didn't play him. He was pretty healthy the last few years idk man I just don't know. Oh right right I think he called Kurt Anderson chubby or something and got put in his dog house. Man our old staff were scrubs.

Yeah, wish we would fire the whole staff!

HeathWimp

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 18, 2018, 07:51:04 pm
Darn the luck.  Happy for him, though.

I heard Monday from someone who would know that sixteen seniors in last year's class graduated in 3 1/2 years.  That is impressive.  The academic support for football players is off the chart.

You know that Bielema is gone, right?
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

DeltaBoy

Congratulations and Best of  Luck in your new career.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

Eh, we've got some bodies on the roster that can make a line. I think scheme and coaching was their biggest detriment. Not skill.

Not saying they're going to be amazing.

justmakeit2thebcs

Sounds like Dick is making excuses already.... CYA

oldman1015

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on January 19, 2018, 08:37:54 am
Sounds like Dick is making excuses already.... CYA
You can't polish a turd.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

AirWarren

Jimbob111

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 18, 2018, 07:41:28 pm
The ones we have here will hopefully get moving and be highly motivated. I think it may happen quicker than common sense would dictate.
I think so as well. The linemen were recruited by a D1 school and have some talent and with proper coaching, I think they'll do fine. Good coaches are able to coach up talent. Bad coaches get 11.5 million dollar buy outs.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

razorbackfaninar

If we can sort out who the center will be now, the o-line will be all right.  It may not be the best we have ever fielded at Arkansas but it will be pretty good. 

woodrow hog call

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 19, 2018, 11:17:44 am
If we can sort out who the center will be now, the o-line will be all right.  It may not be the best we have ever fielded at Arkansas but it will be pretty good. 

Shouldn't be too hard really, if you watch real close,

he will be the one that snaps it to the QB.    ;) (Sorry just kind of in an Airplane movie mood today.)
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

bennyl08

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 19, 2018, 11:35:06 am
Shouldn't be too hard really, if you watch real close,

he will be the one that snaps it to the QB.    ;) (Sorry just kind of in an Airplane movie mood today.)

He's the one who snaps it to the QB, but that's not important right now.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

onebadrubi

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 19, 2018, 01:02:16 pm

We don't even know who he can snap it too.  chicken or the egg first?

IronHog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on January 19, 2018, 12:05:26 am

He played EXTREMELY well after the injury to Ragnow

Just another WTH from the B.B. era.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jswineberiaskirk

Bwahahahaha

Best of luck to the young couple and may he be protected in his new line of endeavor

hawgmasta

What?!? Noooo

I thought he would've had that center spot locked up. He seems to be getting ready for his "real life"; so could luck to the young man.

Zack, best of luck to you on your future.  Now, should you and your new bride chose to change your mind when the Spring winds blow, man, just come on back.  You are needed and very welcome and everyone can use another year of school.  Really appreciate your efforts and contributions.

longtimeHogfan

Surely you jest...
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

jmoore

jmoore

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HognotinMemphis

The O-line sucked this year...and the year before. So nothing new.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.