Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Hogs win.this s a big win over a good Mizzo team

Started by forrest city joe, January 13, 2018, 07:21:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Proud of the fight i saw in the Hogs today.this is a very big win. could not afford to lose 2 in a row at home.and the good guys found a way to win. congrats to our players and coaches.GO HOGS.I LOVE IT!

userpick

Huge win. We may never lose again. MA greatest coach of all time.

Wild Bill Hog

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on January 13, 2018, 07:23:41 pm
It was a must win.
Yes it was. and the hogs win out and got it.Mizzo is a good team.but hogs found a way to beat them.GO HOGS.

elksnort

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 13, 2018, 07:25:13 pm
Mizzou is clearly not a good team.  We got lucky.
I'm not sure anybody in the Southeastern Conference is a bad team. We have got to play better

roothawg

Lmfao. Great win but have to keep it up. No more not showing up.

hdturner

People need realize SEC is tough basketball conference now. This isn't SEC of old. We are going have fight for every win. 8 SEC teams will be in NCAA this year.

010HogFan

forrest city joe

Wrong. Mizzo is a good team.and they got beat by a good team.

razorpimp

There you are Joe....did your phone start working again since Wednesday?

beachhog

userpick

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2018, 07:27:21 pm

Mizzou and Arkansas are both very average.

WMHawgfan

Gafford bailed us out big time. You have to admit though we have an issue with certain players playing hero ball. If we had worked that high pick correctly all night we would have destroyed them. No excuse for Macon not giving up the ball on that last possession.

Mr. Porkleone

Great crowd at the right time. Get the kids on the baseline would help.

We need a true Point gaurd and this team will be much better.

We got to improve at the FT line some way some how.

Woo pig.

AlmaHog2011

One thing I loved seeing tonight was Gafford competes to win. Hall is same thing.
We won with neither Macon or Barford having a great game. Need Jones or somebody to help with scoring.

But this hopefully will get us to playing better.

beachhog

The mid first half Arkansas team is the far superior one.  Is this a magic show?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 13, 2018, 07:29:29 pm
Great crowd at the right time. Get the kids on the baseline would help.

We need a true Point gaurd and this team will be much better.

We got to improve at the FT line some way some how.

Woo pig.

Man if we had a real PG we would really be dangerous.

rzrbackramsfan

I'm very glad we slipped out with a win.  I'm very concerned about seeing Arkansas get better though.  We saw glimpses of what we want tonight but also glimpses of the LSU game. 

Now to the naysayers: you say Mike can't coach and won't make  adjustments.  Changing the starting lineup was huge in the win today.  It won't be the last change Mike makes.  He'll keep tuning up the fastest 40, at least, historically he's done that as the year goes on.  Every years different. 

Here's to making the tournament!

tconey1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 13, 2018, 07:21:48 pm
Proud of the fight i saw in the Hogs today.this is a very big win. could not afford to lose 2 in a row at home.and the good guys found a way to win. congrats to our players and coaches.GO HOGS.I LOVE IT!

Your schtick is getting old!  Show up when we lose and your opinion MIGHT matter.

beachhog

rzrbackramsfan

BassinHawg

If my life depended on Mike Anderson drawing up a last minute shot/play for a winning basket or playing Russian Roulette with a six shot revolver with 5 bullets in it I would choose Russian Roulette every time!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Ilikthiskindaparty

Quote from: WMHawgfan on January 13, 2018, 07:29:21 pm
Gafford bailed us out big time. You have to admit though we have an issue with certain players playing hero ball. If we had worked that high pick correctly all night we would have destroyed them. No excuse for Macon not giving up the ball on that last possession.
This                                                                       
I'm going to be here all day.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: beachhog on January 13, 2018, 07:31:26 pm
The key that is missing IMO
[/quot

Agree 100% it would allow Macon and Barford to be off the ball guards. And it would get Beard off the court.

GuvHog

Missouri is better than LSU, I'll give you that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

beachhog

Quote from: Ilikthiskindaparty on January 13, 2018, 07:32:52 pm

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 13, 2018, 07:32:30 pm
If my life depended on Mike Anderson drawing up a last minute shot/play for a winning basket or playing Russian Roulette with a six shot revolver with 5 bullets in it I would choose Russian Roulette every time!

This

Wild Bill Hog

So are you saying Florida is in big trouble then?

userpick

HiggiePiggy

Well this team told the fans as long as they show up that they couldn't lose at home. They come home from 2 losses on the road and get slaughtered. Then they play again at home and give up an 18 point lead and luckily pulled out a win. 

Do me a favor stop talking and actually play some damn basketball.  I don't want to hear the crap anymore about fans.  I want to see results. We hear how good this team could be, but yet we continue to see very poor playing.

Make the tournament and I'll be happy to see MA back.  Don't make the tournament and I am in the same spot as last year when we were playing like crap.  Go else where.  7 years.  You should be a tournament team at least 4 out of 5 years now.  Don't give us the bs of fans showing up when the team isn't doing the same. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

pigroots

Good win over a pretty good team. Hogs played with great effort most of the night just not very disciplined. Mizzo had 2 guys killing us most of the night without adjustments. Too many wide open looks....This game should not have been close after the start we had and playing at home. What I saw tonight leaves me to believe we get beat at their place. But how bout those pick and rolls at the end when we had to have baskets?Let's work on that a little earlier!

LRHawg

Quote from: WMHawgfan on January 13, 2018, 07:29:21 pm

Yep. We almost blew it at the end because Macon wanted to ice the game instead of passing it inside to the obvious mismatch. He's selfish and it's hurting the team.

Dropkick

Letsroll1200

Good win. Seniors on this team continue to concern me. Im looking forward to the development of Hall and Gafford.

Kevin

well well look who showed up like clock work. brag about the wins, no show for losses .

not a hog fan, an Anderson lover
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

phadedhawg

Aside from Gafford, there aren't many style points to go around after this one but it's a win.  We had to have it and I'm very thankful. 

I'm surprised by the odd performances being turned in by Barford and Macon but a win is a win.

3kgthog

beachhog

Quote from: LRHawg on January 13, 2018, 07:39:40 pm
Yep. We almost blew it at the end because Macon wanted to ice the game instead of passing it inside to the obvious mismatch. He's selfish and it's hurting the team.
Yep

cardsNhogs

Everyone watching knows we didn't look good. Now we go to Florida so gonna be hard to get any momentum going.

beachhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 13, 2018, 07:39:57 pm
Good win. Seniors on this team continue to concern me. Im looking forward to the development of Hall and Gafford.
agree

Hoggish1

It was the coaching.

pigroots

Quote from: LRHawg on January 13, 2018, 07:39:40 pm
But Macon has proven he is the most clutch player we have. He is the only one I trust on the FT line with the game on the line

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2018, 07:40:36 pm
well well look who showed up like clock work. brag about the wins, no show for losses .

not a hog fan, an Anderson lover

Lol. Truer words never spoken.

At this point in the season the Hogville drama is more entertaining than the basketball. Hopefully we improve and that changes.

oldman1015

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2018, 07:33:06 pm
Missouri is better than LSU, I'll give you that.
Thats like being the tallest midget in the room.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

popcornhog

Mizzou is a solid bubble team at worst. They're better than most Arkansas teams over the past 20 years have been.

We didn't play anywhere near our best but we played better than we have over the past couple of weeks and we got key stops when needed.
WPS

hogsanity

Hogs got bailed out by the refs no way one team should shoot more ft than the opponent. Hogs win but none of the problems have been fixed, the final offensive possession proved that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BoarnSupremacy

What I saw was a lucky win after a big lead on an average team at home with 18000 supporters.

drester77

The problem with this team is they are in a shooting slump... They are getting the same looks but instead of knocking them down they are missing... Making shots early is important to this team's entergy...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on January 13, 2018, 07:50:01 pm

What I saw was a lucky win after a big lead on an average team at home with 18000 supporters.

Accurate summary.

Sho Nuff

I do appreciate comments of support for the Hogs, but your shtick is old FCJ.  When we get blown out by a mediocre team you don't even show up.  When we slip by a mediocre team you declare that both teams are great.  You have lost all credibility.