Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone please explain..

Started by TebowHater, November 12, 2017, 07:01:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

what happened to us in preseason?

This is the most impressive looking team I have seen in a long time and it is hard not to be extremely optimistic. Before I get too excited, though, what happened in preseason (wasn't able to watch)?

Edit: sorry for the confusion. By preseason I mean exhibition games (which were much closer and a bit underwhelming, to inferior talent than the past two games)

rwspear

its pretty simple. we returned senior guards, we have depth, we have some serious talent in the wings, and weve finally bought into Mike's system.

Breems

The defensive intensity wasn't there, and no one besides Barford and Macon wanted to shoot.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogs run wild

did you not see the last game we played against unc? they figured out that if they turned up the intensity and focus, they could be very good.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

rude1

Maybe it was those two games that were able to get the guys attention and help CMA to get guys on the same page on how to play their roles to help the team.

TebowHater

Quote from: Breems on November 12, 2017, 07:03:48 pm
The defensive intensity wasn't there, and no one besides Barford and Macon wanted to shoot.

Thank you. Indeed, I had noticed it seemed like only 6 or 7 players were really playing per the box score. Encouraging it was something easily fixable (and if that was the issue indeed already is fixed) and this might be our baseline rather than us currently out performing for two games.

BannerMountainMan

Simply it's how long we got which equals to more deflections, easier to get shots off and alters many more shots
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

TebowHater

Quote from: rwspear on November 12, 2017, 07:03:09 pm
its pretty simple. we returned senior guards, we have depth, we have some serious talent in the wings, and weve finally bought into Mike's system.

Quote from: Hogs run wild on November 12, 2017, 07:06:41 pm
did you not see the last game we played against unc? they figured out that if they turned up the intensity and focus, they could be very good.

sorry, I meant in the exhibition games (where we were not too impressive per state line) - seems like a 180 degree turn around to the real deal

Pinto

Quote from: TebowHater on November 12, 2017, 07:09:52 pm
sorry, I meant in the exhibition games (where we were not too impressive per state line) - seems like a 180 degree turn around to the real deal

Might have been a case of playing to the level of your competition. That's why you play those two exhibition games to shake that rustiness off

skinnypig