Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 10:08:34 am

I understand but I don't...

Started by GunnerHawg70, November 05, 2017, 06:18:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GunnerHawg70

So I waited, prayed and thought about what I'm going to post so here it goes...Yesterday was definitely a horrible game plain and simple. Now I will say that in CFB any team can lose if you're not prepared or underestimating your opponent. I will NEVER root against or for the Hogs to lose under any circumstance like some of you sorry POS fan base - that's absolutely ridiculous!!! Now of course I'm not thrilled with performance but I'm happy the boys played hard and won. They could've gave up and quit but they didn't...In life you're gonna face difficult challenges and adversity; you don't give up, you rally with your squad and you fight till the end!!! Watching the excitement on CK's face scoring the go-ahead TD made me realize it's not on me (as a fan) to bash but to appreciate (as a fan) the efforts by those boys that are actually on the field of play. So to all of you that are embarrassed for a WIN that you had absolutely 💯 percent NOTHING to do with - Cheers to you FAFWF's!!! I will not allow myself to root for a loss or be ashamed of a WIN...#woopig 🐗

jgphillips3

Dude.  You are totally confusing the 3% mouth breathers with the rest of the upset.  There are always idiots.  I would say 97% of us who are so mad at Bielema for bringing us to this point are also happy for the kids that they could win.  I hope the stench of this rotting, festering pile of crap Bielema has built has finally reached the olfactory senses of Jeff Long, but we don't know.  If we had an AD that we knew unabashedly cared about winning, which is the first job of a sports program, then you wouldn't see so many wishing to lose.  When you know your leaders ACT like they don't give a damn what the common man thinks, you get times like these.  The kids are just caught in the middle.  Hopefully, after LSU and MSU stomp mud holes in us, this will almost be over.

jst01

You prayed and contemplated that hard about your post and this is what you brought to the table? That's bad dude.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jst01 on November 05, 2017, 06:32:45 am
You prayed and contemplated that hard about your post and this is what you brought to the table? That's bad dude.
Yeah I got halfway through and said F it. Hurt my eyes

HardCore

November 05, 2017, 06:37:54 am #4 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:01:14 am by HardCore
Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 06:28:36 am
Dude.  You are totally confusing the 3% mouth breathers with the rest of the upset.  There are always idiots.  I would say 97% of us who are so mad at Bielema for bringing us to this point are also happy for the kids that they could win.  I hope the stench of this rotting, festering pile of crap Bielema has built has finally reached the olfactory senses of Jeff Long, but we don't know.  If we had an AD that we knew unabashedly cared about winning, which is the first job of a sports program, then you wouldn't see so many wishing to lose.  When you know your leaders ACT like they don't give a damn what the common man thinks, you get times like these.  The kids are just caught in the middle.  Hopefully, after LSU and MSU stomp mud holes in us, this will almost be over.

I think this pretty much sums it up for the OP.  Couldn't have really explained it any better myself. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

007 License To Squeal

The rah rah time is over.  It's time to do what must be done to bring the program back to where it once was.  The cancer known as BB must be cut away from our program....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsnott

I personally think they totally overlooked coastal and probably spent most of the week getting a head start on LSU preparation.  no one will ever admit it, but just my gut feeling.

atom hog

Maybe I'm not that nice of a person, but there is a lot of blame for this situation. CBB sets the tone, the coaches echo his gibberish, the players think this culture is acceptable and accept this identity as laughing stocks of Division I football. You would never see an Alabama player celebrate a game like this...NEVER. There is a lot of ownership for this situation. It's the perfect storm of poor planning, preparation and scheming from the top, and poor performance and effort from the players.

Hoggie17

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 06:18:20 am
So I waited, prayed and thought about what I'm going to post so here it goes...Yesterday was definitely a horrible game plain and simple. Now I will say that in CFB any team can lose if you're not prepared or underestimating your opponent. I will NEVER root against or for the Hogs to lose under any circumstance like some of you sorry POS fan base - that's absolutely ridiculous!!! Now of course I'm not thrilled with performance but I'm happy the boys played hard and won. They could've gave up and quit but they didn't...In life you're gonna face difficult challenges and adversity; you don't give up, you rally with your squad and you fight till the end!!! Watching the excitement on CK's face scoring the go-ahead TD made me realize it's not on me (as a fan) to bash but to appreciate (as a fan) the efforts by those boys that are actually on the field of play. So to all of you that are embarrassed for a WIN that you had absolutely 💯 percent NOTHING to do with - Cheers to you FAFWF's!!! I will not allow myself to root for a loss or be ashamed of a WIN...#woopig 🐗
If I read your post correctly it stated that if the fan base turns on CBB because he loses more that he wins that are not good fans, Yet you say you are not ashamed of a win. What you should be ashamed of is the product put on the field yesterday.  I want the Hogs to win every game, that's why I want CBB gone.  CBB is not losing  1, 2 or 3 games a season, he is losing over 50% of the games.  If it were not for cream puffs it would be even worse.  It's getting to where the cream puffs are beating CBB teams.

HogCard

Dude, you just don't get it. I am 58 years old and have not, nor will not ever root for our team to lose. However to say we played hard yesterday is asinine. Yes, certain players such as CK played hard and wanted the win. As a TEAM, they did not. You do not play hard and allow a 4 freshman, 1 sophomore oline kick your butt. An oline on a 0-5 sunbelt conference team.

You do not get burnt on seemingly every pass play. You do not hit a guy and get drug 5 yards. You do not whiff on blocks.  You do not shrug your shoulders and go "oh well" they just got another touchdown, no biggie.  I saw all of that yesterday. Against a team that had young men accept scholarships (good for them) because absolutely NO ONE else wanted them. 

At my job we have certain people that unfortunately perform poorly because their boss does the exact same thing and they know he will not address it. We have the same problem from the TOP down.

Am I upset with the team performance? Absolutely.  Glad we won? Sure.  Do I want a change to leadership that will not accept mediocrity from 85 or so guys that play for an SEC team that mostly all had several scholarship opportunities because of their talent?  HELL YES. 

HoggyCat

Just someone looking for a pat on the back. If you're praying over a game, then you fall into the category of taking the Lord's name in vain. That is more than just saying GD....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Ex-Trumpet

Had CBB been fired a few weeks ago there would be NO fans pulling for a loss.  People hoping for a loss is based on the uncertainty of JL's willingness to do the right thing.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GunnerHawg70

Seriously...you are the reason why I prayed so I can just stick to being positive...But it's f*ckboys like you that will drag out the assh*le in me...Now if you don't like what I said then come at me facts or something valid you turd...Does a change in leadership need to happen - Yes!!! Should you support the boys if you're true Hog fan win or lose - yes!!! So instead of trying to be funny or get a cheap laugh you pretentious f*ck, try bringing facts to the board...Have a blessed Sunday and politely GFY...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:36:34 am
Seriously...you are the reason why I prayed so I can just stick to being positive...But it's f*ckboys like you that will drag out the assh*le in me...Now if you don't like what I said then come at me facts or something valid you turd...Does a change in leadership need to happen - Yes!!! Should you support the boys if you're true Hog fan win or lose - yes!!! So instead of trying to be funny or get a cheap laugh you pretentious f*ck, try bringing facts to the board...Have a blessed Sunday and politely GFY...

Maybe you should ask the board to join you in prayer for your anger management issues.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

Little kids are also happy when you let them eat cake and ice cream all day and don't make them go to school.  Adults realize that a little pain and discomfort are sometimes necessary to progress to where you want to be.

GunnerHawg70

You ppl that are taking my post out of context and one idiot said I took the Lord's name in vain because I pray...Man you dudes are absolutely ridiculous. Look I totally agree it's time for a leadership change...I don't agree with "FANS" wishing the Hogs would lose just so CBB can be fired. That's just ridiculous to have that mindset!!! CBB is pretty much a wrap after the performance Saturday but to say "I'm embarrassed by the win" or "that WIN is a loss" when none of you asshats played, coached or even fetched water Saturday blows my mind!!!

It's a game that wasn't pretty but it's also a game the HOGS WON not you guys on HOGVILLE!!!

depressed_fan

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 05, 2017, 06:34:54 am
Yeah I got halfway through and said F it. Hurt my eyes

Yep it was pretty bad to read

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 05, 2017, 09:39:18 am
Maybe you should ask the board to join you in prayer for your anger management issues.
Another Internet funny guy...relax buddy and get a life.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:49:15 am
Another Internet funny guy...relax buddy and get a life.

Dude, you need to lighten up!!

hoghearted

Seems to me he's more relaxed than you are, Gunner
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

dfwalumdad

So I waited, prayed and thought about what I'm going to post so here it goes...

i prayed for arkansas to win the 1969 texas game. that's the last time i prayed about razorback football.

snoblind

Seriously.  You are trying to paint yourself as a prayer warrior while posting this?  If you aren't capable of understanding the problem here you need to crawl back in the prayer closet and stay off message boards until you grow up.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: snoblind on November 05, 2017, 09:55:51 am
Seriously.  You are trying to paint yourself as a prayer warrior while posting this?  If you aren't capable of understanding the problem here you need to crawl back in the prayer closet and stay off message boards until you grow up.
Is that all you f*ckers see or read is the part about "Prayer"?!?! Wow

ShadowHawg

I don't get the posters who say the team played hard when they didn't. The coaches deserve blame but the team was being physically dominated most of the game by a 1-7 Sunbelt team.

hehawg

So you prayed then come on a message board and essentially call everyone who disagrees with your ridiculous post a P.O.S? Get real man
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Ex-Trumpet

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: snoblind on November 05, 2017, 09:55:51 am
Man, I never thought just because a coach at a college football team could cause so much division. I guess snoblind you guys win since you're all mature adults...ridiculous

hehawg

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:58:01 am
Is that all you f*ckers see or read is the part about "Prayer"?!?! Wow

You need to get some help
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Hoggish1

November 05, 2017, 10:04:40 am #28 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:16:29 am by Hoggish1

I agree.  I will never root for a loss.  That is just stupid and self defeating.

But we have no idea what JL thinks about this product.

That is what's so frustrating about this.  Could it be that he will use a 6-6 season to leave BB in place?  If so is 5-7 going to get him to make a change?

If any of the above ¶ is true, JL needs to go first and Right Now!  Because he has no idea what's going on.

GunnerHawg70

Whelp I guess I'll just keep digging ex-trumpet...What's the worst thing you Internet Hero's can do?

Hehawg - I wasn't trying to bash the entire HV but if the shoe fits...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:46:57 am
You ppl that are taking my post out of context and one idiot said I took the Lord's name in vain because I pray...Man you dudes are absolutely ridiculous. Look I totally agree it's time for a leadership change...I don't agree with "FANS" wishing the Hogs would lose just so CBB can be fired. That's just ridiculous to have that mindset!!! CBB is pretty much a wrap after the performance Saturday but to say "I'm embarrassed by the win" or "that WIN is a loss" when none of you asshats played, coached or even fetched water Saturday blows my mind!!!

It's a game that wasn't pretty but it's also a game the HOGS WON not you guys on HOGVILLE!!!

Dude, take a chill pill.

SONofHAM

People telling others how to be a fan are the worst. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

dfwalumdad

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:46:57 am

did it ever occur to you that there might have been costal carolina fans praying for a victory yesterday?

and why not they deserved to win they clearly out played us, a win for them would have been the biggest in their program history, it would have been huge for their coach potentially catapulting him into a head coaching job. does god hate them? if god were on anybody's side yesterday it probably wasn't ours.

and just for the record pard we didn't have to lose that game to fire bert, the next three games will accomplish that nicely, thank you.

Hoggish1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 05, 2017, 06:39:44 am
The rah rah time is over.  It's time to do what must be done to bring the program back to where it once was.  The cancer known as BB must be cut away from our program....

I believe, if you think about it, the cancer is JL.  Who cuts him out?  Whomever that is (BOT?), it needs to be done first since he hasn't a clue about what to do if it's 5-7 that makes him pull the trigger. 

To me, it's clear he isn't here because he craves more wins than loses.

Duke of Swine

I wasn't proud of anything I saw yesterday.  Wish we would see the same level of anger and emotions from Bielema

The Pulse

November 05, 2017, 10:15:02 am #35 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:42:50 am by The Pulse
So I waited, prayed and thought about what I'm going to post so here it goes...Yesterday was definitely a horrible game plain and simple. Now I will say that in CFB any team can lose if you're not prepared or underestimating your opponent. I will NEVER root against or for the Hogs to lose under any circumstance like some of you sorry POS fan base - that's absolutely ridiculous!!! Now of course I'm not thrilled with performance but I'm happy the boys played hard and won. They could've gave up and quit but they didn't...In life you're gonna face difficult challenges and adversity; you don't give up, you rally with your squad and you fight till the end!!! Watching the excitement on CK's face scoring the go-ahead TD made me realize it's not on me (as a fan) to bash but to appreciate (as a fan) the efforts by those boys that are actually on the field of play. So to all of you that are embarrassed for a WIN that you had absolutely  percent NOTHING to do with - Cheers to you FAFWF's!!! I will not allow myself to root for a loss or be ashamed of a WIN...#woopig

So after your entire Entmoot, that's it?

I get it it's not your fight. You really couldn't care about the program being more or less successful (hard to be any less successful at this juncture) one way or the other.

Gonzo

So I waited, prayed...... you sorry POS fan base.........Cheers to you FAFWF's!!!
the reason why I prayed so I can just stick to being positive...But it's f*ckboys like you that will drag out the assh*le in me........ you turd......you pretentious f*ck, ......... politely GFY...
Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 05, 2017, 09:58:01 am
you f*ckers ....... "Prayer"?!?! Wow

Interesting prayer life you're crowing about. I think the rest of us pretty much agree with the last word there though.

Go Hogs!

SemperFi

Everyone needs to back off the OP and stop antagonizing him because you can. Give him his opportunity to rant.

The win is not the embarrassment. The manner in which they had to win is. The coaching staff failed these kids and they had to play above themselves to find a way to win. If anything, they should be a resilient bunch.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: SemperFi on November 05, 2017, 10:23:41 am
Everyone needs to back off the OP and stop antagonizing him because you can. Give him his opportunity to rant.

The win is not the embarrassment. The manner in which they had to win is. The coaching staff failed these kids and they had to play above themselves to find a way to win. If anything, they should be a resilient bunch.

Thanks dude but it's all good...most can understand the frustration throughout the program and the fans but instead of focusing on the content they honed in on the irrelevant stuff

Gonzo