Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A comment on Ole Miss' recruiting class

Started by HognotinMemphis, February 07, 2008, 01:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

They signed 31. Of the 31, 6 were from Hargrave Military Academy in VA and 5 were Juco's. That's 20 legitimate recruits and 11 guys out of HS a year or two. Of those 11, how many are going to qualify academically? Nutt finds a honey pot at Hargrave and gets 6 and then gets 5 more out of Juco. Nutt never signed that many Juco's and prep school players in a single season at Arkansas. What's going on there?

Sounds wierd/fishy to me for one program to take 6 from Hargrave in a single class, and one of them is one of the top RB's in the country.

How many times does a program that has won 3 conference games in last 3 seasons combined sign a player like the RB from Hargrave when he could have gone to Fla St, TN or GA?  This Hargrave thing doesn't pass the smell test to me. Although, it sounds like Nutt...lazy in recruiting, finds a bunch of players in the same place and signs them all.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ConwayHog

February 07, 2008, 01:46:29 pm #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:48:26 pm by Pel Legs™
Speaking of not adding up.  We all know the NCAA rule is 25 athletes per year.  Here was a quote to contrast with the 31 you mentioned:

"I like qualifiers that are going to be eligible."

Logic isn't the guy's strong point in life.

ConwayHog

Another gem from the PC in reference to a tight end who enrolled mid-year at 6-7, just a hair shy of 250:

"And coach (Don) Decker has already got him going. He has already gained about eight pounds since he's been here. Things like that excite you."

HognotinMemphis

February 07, 2008, 02:06:19 pm #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:18:30 pm by HoginMemphis
Why move this to General Sports where no one will see it? It is germaine to the recruiting that is just completed yesterday. Should be in MMQB...just as much as many other threads there now. Whomever is moving threads like that, please think first.  One more thing: Frank general sports!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 07, 2008, 01:46:29 pm
Speaking of not adding up.  We all know the NCAA rule is 25 athletes per year.  Here was a quote to contrast with the 31 you mentioned:

"I like qualifiers that are going to be eligible."

Logic isn't the guy's strong point in life.

Hootie really doesn't have any strong points that I'm aware of.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Dillar Dog

he might also get the kid from south panola and he is a stud.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 10, 2008, 12:54:23 am
East, what is that girl doing hitting her butt?

That's the Heroes chick.... she's $$.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12