Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Film Study: Arkansas’ Bielema plus Enos is a match made in offensive heaven

Started by SECisKing, January 23, 2015, 09:59:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 11:18:11 am
Provide me with the hookup and let's make it happen. I've been debating on which team to branch out with in the SEC, and the Hogs are my No. 1 pick -- so I've made it my goal to seek that out...So please intro me, NewEra....

Go to the members tab, search for Lanny then Private Message him.  This is his board.  I'm sure he would love for you to post periodic Hog articles.  You do great work and by the way, I had read it just prior to seeing it posted here and really loved that you do your homework.

Here's a thought for another piece for you.  Bielema mentioned in his SEC interview last night that he took his whole offensive staff to interview a couple of coaches (Enos included) during this process.  In addition to continuity, Bielema is equally concerned with compatibility.  I think that type of approach to hiring an OC is rather unique for Head Coaches and shows the family and team orientation of the program he's building.  How many people get to interview their boss?  Just a thought!

TheHAWGfather

Great read! Hoping for an even better year in 2015 and years to come with more depth. Hanging around at the top of the division from here on out.

tophawg19

good write up. i have two questions about the up coming season. will we change our o-line workouts to get more mobility for pulling'' 'especially center and guards ''' on runs and better pass blocking . 2 As a qb coach , can he fix BA's throwing mechanics to help him with the deep passing game . Also teaching him to keep the ball in play and give the WR's a chance to make plays instead of taking out the guys in the 3rd row.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SECisKing

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 23, 2015, 11:22:27 am
....thanks so much for the break down on Coach Enos, I've been too lazy to research it so it's nice to have
someone knowledgable do it haha.  Really like the site as well, it's interesting to see the other teams
and their attacks....again, congrats on a perfectly timed article !!

As a writer, I love laziness!! hahahaha Glad I could provide some type of analysis for ya. Thanks for the compliment!
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

SECisKing

ANOTHER APPEARANCE ALERT

I will be appearing on 93.3's Game On with Wess Moore, Michael Smith and Mike Irwin today at 12:15 You guys' time!!! I see the listen now link at the top of this page, tune in and check me out in 30 mins.

tophawg19

i'd be curious to know all of the coaches he interviewed . it would give great insight into the future mindset of our offense

Hogsmo Kramer

Chaney was a square peg in a round hole with BB.

He just didn't know how to fully implement what I think coach B's vision is since it was so out of his wheel house.

This guy seems like he'll mesh very well and has enough creativity related to what coach B wants to do to keep us moving forward on offense.

I'm excited to see how it all comes together.

Oh and he's knows QB's that's a major plus.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 23, 2015, 11:43:55 am
i'd be curious to know all of the coaches he interviewed . it would give great insight into the future mindset of our offense

Do you think the author knows that, or is that a question for Bret?

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hoggish1

Great piece!  This will make Hog fans smile:

"But as it pertains to Arkansas' roster, it's already tailor made for Enos to step right in and implement Bielema's scheme.
Did you catch that?

Enos, for all his accomplishments, will still have to cater to what Bielema likes. The only difference is, Enos likes those same things, as well.

"The first thing we want to do is qualify somebody physically," Enos said after he accepted the CMU gig (per the Detroit Free Press). "If they physically fit the mold of asking them what we want them to do at a certain position, whether its speed, strength, get off blocks, flexibility, whatever that is physically.

Enos doesn't have to worry about anything of the sort with the Hogs; he's inheriting an offense that is tougher than a two-dollar steak and is loaded in the personnel department.

He gets to see his work pay immediate dividends in the form of much-maligned senior QB Brandon Allen — who is capable of performing all the duties within the parameters of the scheme."

skbhog

Good job on Game on!

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2015, 11:53:03 am
Do you think the author knows that, or is that a question for Bret?
hoping it comes out eventually . don't really care who shares it

DeltaBoy

Great read and I was thinking the same thing last night after 2 hours of Youtube and Internet work.

The SEC better watch out a Runaway Freight Train is coming soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:09:43 am
Thanks, bro. But I didn't find it, I wrote it. I'm Murf Baldwin of Saturday Down South...But yeah, the future is bright man. I'm so pumped up for your Hogs, man.

Great story Murf... Who would've guessed SDS would become legit? You should be proud...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MissippHog

SECisKing

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 23, 2015, 12:57:57 pm
Great story Murf... Who would've guessed SDS would become legit? You should be proud...

Thanks, but the only thing I can control is my own career...

SECisKing

Quote from: The NewEra on January 23, 2015, 11:25:45 am
Go to the members tab, search for Lanny then Private Message him.  This is his board.  I'm sure he would love for you to post periodic Hog articles.  You do great work and by the way, I had read it just prior to seeing it posted here and really loved that you do your homework.

Here's a thought for another piece for you.  Bielema mentioned in his SEC interview last night that he took his whole offensive staff to interview a couple of coaches (Enos included) during this process.  In addition to continuity, Bielema is equally concerned with compatibility.  I think that type of approach to hiring an OC is rather unique for Head Coaches and shows the family and team orientation of the program he's building.  How many people get to interview their boss?  Just a thought!

Ok cool, I got you...I'll see what I can work out. If it's here or somewhere else, I appreciate the look, bro.

SECisKing

Quote from: TheHAWGfather on January 23, 2015, 11:29:27 am
Great read! Hoping for an even better year in 2015 and years to come with more depth. Hanging around at the top of the division from here on out.

I can definitely see that, Hawgfather! Thanks for the props.

SECisKing

Quote from: skbhog on January 23, 2015, 12:35:41 pm
Go job on Game on!

Yay! Glad you enjoyed me on there. Game On is my favorite show out of the thousands I listen to. I always have it on when I'm writing during the day. Was glad to be on there. 'preciate ya, SKB.

The NewEra

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 01:03:58 pm
Ok cool, I got you...I'll see what I can work out. If it's here or somewhere else, I appreciate the look, bro.

I heard you on the radio.  You're Solid.  I'd like to have you on the radio and in print around here more often. 

Nice job maneuvering around Michael Smith and not having to tell him he didn't know what he was talking about (ref: Brandon Allen) but still getting your insight in.  :)

You ever thought about running for office? LOL

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 11:08:38 am
Believe you me, Whippersnapper, I've heard those very complaints about SDS writers. I get a ton of emails about other writers as if I write the checks lol. But for the most part, I believe the writers are pretty good. But I'll keep pumping out that copy for you, bro.

We have a "writer" who would love to write for you. It would also get him out of his basement and make him look less insane to all of us. Can you please PM Robert Shields and throw him some mercy fluff piece or something..?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

RazorBassin

Great read and a great breakdown.  I think Coach Enos is going to fit into this staff very nicely.  I also think if things go well, he will be here at least 3 years which gives us a chance for some great QB development.  If we can keep Coach Smith and Coach Enos together for 3 years, this will be a DANGEROUS team competing for SEC titles.  WPS!

SECisKing

Quote from: The NewEra on January 23, 2015, 01:07:25 pm
I heard you on the radio.  You're Solid.  I'd like to have you on the radio and in print around here more often. 

Nice job maneuvering around Michael Smith and not having to tell him he didn't know what he was talking about (ref: Brandon Allen) but still getting your insight in.  :)

You ever thought about running for office? LOL

HAHA!! You noticed that huh? They call me The Mayor, bro. Nah, if he sees it -- I can roll with it. Michael Smith knows his stuff, bro. But sometimes you can see what you want as well.

I was glad to get a chance to chop it up with the dude.

And yeah, I, too, want to be in print and on the radio more dealing with Arkansas. I have a few things lined up off the strength of this article. But after that, I guess I'm back to LSU or Tennessee **cries on the inside** lol

Thanks for listenining

DeltaBoy

Quote from: RazorBassin on January 23, 2015, 01:20:45 pm
Great read and a great breakdown.  I think Coach Enos is going to fit into this staff very nicely.  I also think if things go well, he will be here at least 3 years which gives us a chance for some great QB development.  If we can keep Coach Smith and Coach Enos together for 3 years, this will be a DANGEROUS team competing for SEC titles.  WPS!

AMEN!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SECisKing

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 23, 2015, 01:18:15 pm
We have a "writer" who would love to write for you. It would also get him out of his basement and make him look less insane to all of us. Can you please PM Robert Shields and throw him some mercy fluff piece or something..?

lol I'm an employee of Saturday Down South -- I have no type of pull in that direction...

SECisKing

SECisKing

Quote from: RazorBassin on January 23, 2015, 01:20:45 pm

Thanks and I couldn't agree with you more, Bassin!

IBleedRazorbackRed

"Enos loves running out of "pass" formations, and he loves to go vertical from power-based formations."

Please!! I don't know haw many times I was screaming for a run out of the gun on 2nd and 7 or 8. Hopefully we'll be less predictable with Enos calling the shots.

snoblind

Good interview on Game on, Murf.  Traveling from Ozark to Fort Smith and good way to pass the time.  Looking forward to reading this article and the one on KJ.

Keyser Sooieze

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 11:14:22 am
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hey man, as long as I represent myself in the right light...Hopefully my work supports that theory...
You do--I always look forward to reading one of your film study features.  It's easy to tell you put a lot of work into them. As for SDS--not sure what the poster you were responding to hates about it--I like it just fine. (it can be glitchy sometimes, but other than that, the content is well presented (if not always accurate)  I'm no perfectionist though. 

Just wanted to give you a shout out and say I've been impressed by your research--were you assigned to cover the Hogs or did you get to choose?  Because the enthusiasm you put into the coverage is evident.  Anyway--thanks for the update.  I think you're right that we'll see great chemistry between CBB and Enos.

SPAL

SECisKing

Quote from: snoblind on January 23, 2015, 01:43:51 pm
Good interview on Game on, Murf.  Traveling from Ozark to Fort Smith and good way to pass the time.  Looking forward to reading this article and the one on KJ.

Snoblind, glad I could help your travel today, bro. Yeah check back for that article on Monday on Saturday Down South. Thanks for the look.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 23, 2015, 01:31:39 pm
"Enos loves running out of "pass" formations, and he loves to go vertical from power-based formations."

Please!! I don't know haw many times I was screaming for a run out of the gun on 2nd and 7 or 8. Hopefully we'll be less predictable with Enos calling the shots.

So does CBP...

SECisKing

Quote from: Nathan "Rumplepigskin" Mattox on January 23, 2015, 02:00:08 pm
You do--I always look forward to reading one of your film study features.  It's easy to tell you put a lot of work into them. As for SDS--not sure what the poster you were responding to hates about it--I like it just fine. (it can be glitchy sometimes, but other than that, the content is well presented (if not always accurate)  I'm no perfectionist though. 

Just wanted to give you a shout out and say I've been impressed by your research--were you assigned to cover the Hogs or did you get to choose?  Because the enthusiasm you put into the coverage is evident.  Anyway--thanks for the update.  I think you're right that we'll see great chemistry between CBB and Enos.

Glitchy meaning on your phone or something?

Thanks for the shoutout and I'm glad you follow along with my work over there. I think the enthusiasm you get from me is that I don't do much research. I have recorded football games my whole life on VHS and I have a library like you wouldn't believe. I follow coaches and one of them is Mark Dantonio the Michigan State coach as he's a Nick Saban guy...So most of the stuff you get from me is from playing and from watching everything since I was like 11 or 12 (I'm now 30)...

The research is more like fact checking or stats -- which I don't too much care for. Just the bare bones and stuff that I encountered as a player...Thanks again

SECisKing

razorbackkid

Excellent read....I'm pumped about the future for our Hogs.  Many thanks for the write up.  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

SECisKing

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 23, 2015, 02:27:01 pm
Excellent read....I'm pumped about the future for our Hogs.  Many thanks for the write up.  :razorback:

Not a prob, many thanks to you, Kid, for taking the time to read it...Yeah you guys should be pumped.

gmarv

I,m late to the party but anything ya wanna write on my hogs I,ll read.oh by the way I like the job you did on this one.

SECisKing

Quote from: gmarv on January 23, 2015, 05:00:30 pm
I,m late to the party but anything ya wanna write on my hogs I,ll read.oh by the way I like the job you did on this one.

No doubt, Marv. Check out for a piece that was supposed to come out today, but I had to switch to the Enos piece, on Monday about your Hogs...Thanks

Pig Worshipper

Thank you very much for an excellent, informative article. I wonder what Enos' feeling is regarding the screen pass? Chaney said our offensive linemen were too slow to get out and block for screens. I'd love to see if Enos can add that wrinkle to our offense this next year.

With the loss of some of our best defensive talent, I feel that our offense will have to score a little bit more next season. It's very exciting to actually have a good quarterback coach. I believe Enos can have a great effect on Brandon Allen and, if he can actually develop an adequate 2nd-string quarterback (something we haven't had but have desperately needed at times under Coach Bielema), he'll be worth his weight in gold!

PigTimePlayer

this is a great article Murf!! helps us see a little bit into the way our coaching staff may work together and see some strides in the offense like we did in the defense this year.

bring posts like this over here anytime!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 23, 2015, 05:39:53 pm
Thank you very much for an excellent, informative article. I wonder what Enos' feeling is regarding the screen pass? Chaney said our offensive linemen were too slow to get out and block for screens. I'd love to see if Enos can add that wrinkle to our offense this next year.

With the loss of some of our best defensive talent, I feel that our offense will have to score a little bit more next season. It's very exciting to actually have a good quarterback coach. I believe Enos can have a great effect on Brandon Allen and, if he can actually develop an adequate 2nd-string quarterback (something we haven't had but have desperately needed at times under Coach Bielema), he'll be worth his weight in gold!

Check out the thread Chill started.

Hawgzinbowlz

... he's inheriting an offense that is tougher than a two-dollar steak...

Make that a ham steak.

" GO HOGS "

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Laughing Hog

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 09:59:20 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-bielema-plus-enos-match-made-offensive-heaven/

What up, Hogville? Just wanted to let my favorite MB know that I'm back with a breakdown of Coach Enos' scheme and how well it will mesh with Coach BB. Holla at me, if you guys get a chance to read it. Hope all is well!

WPS!!!

Great stuff in that article Murf. Thanks for being my Enos Wiki, since I don't have the time (nor the patience) to understand who this dude is and what we are getting.

One thing, and I may have missed it in the article, how is his play calling? (one of my biggest issues with JC)
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG