Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Film Study: Arkansas’ Bielema plus Enos is a match made in offensive heaven

Started by SECisKing, January 23, 2015, 09:59:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SECisKing

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-bielema-plus-enos-match-made-offensive-heaven/

What up, Hogville? Just wanted to let my favorite MB know that I'm back with a breakdown of Coach Enos' scheme and how well it will mesh with Coach BB. Holla at me, if you guys get a chance to read it. Hope all is well!

WPS!!!
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 09:59:20 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-bielema-plus-enos-match-made-offensive-heaven/

What up, Hogville? Just wanted to let my favorite MB know that I'm back with a breakdown of Coach Enos' scheme and how well it will mess with Coach BB. Holla at me, if you guys get a chance to read it. Hope all is well!

WPS!!!
Thanks so much for sharing. Interesting and (for me) very reassuring.

SECisKing

Quote from: younghog on January 23, 2015, 10:08:01 am
EXCELLENT FIND..

Future LOOKS BRIGHTER..

go hogs

Thanks, bro. But I didn't find it, I wrote it. I'm Murf Baldwin of Saturday Down South...But yeah, the future is bright man. I'm so pumped up for your Hogs, man.

younghog

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:09:43 am
Thanks, bro. But I didn't find it, I wrote it. I'm Murf Baldwin of Saturday Down South...But yeah, the future is bright man. I'm so pumped up for your Hogs, man.

NICE.. write up.. BIG UPS TO YA..

go HOGS
GO HOGS

SECisKing

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 23, 2015, 10:08:38 am
Thanks so much for sharing. Interesting and (for me) very reassuring.

Nothing like continuity, Vantage 8. Very similar run concepts and I'm sure he will bring new ideas to the vertical game...Thanks for the read!

SECisKing

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 10:14:12 am
Great article.

'Preciate that, PorkRinds! Arkansas is always my favorite team to write about when I get a chance to swing that way in my assignment list.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:16:52 am
'Preciate that, PorkRinds! Arkansas is always my favorite team to write about when I get a chance to swing that way in my assignment list.

SDS should just assign you all the hog assignments from here on out.   ;)

Pickwick Hog

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Chief Mac

Great read Murf.  I just came on here to post the link but you beat me to it. Kudos!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 10:19:23 am
SDS should just assign you all the hog assignments from here on out.   ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to it...But I'd honestly rather branch out, in addition to, to a site that is Hogs dedicated on the side. I think that's my next goal...But I appreciate the sentiment.

SECisKing

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 23, 2015, 10:20:41 am
Great read Murf.  I just came on here to post the link but you beat me to it. Kudos!

Oh that's what's up, Chris. I'm glad you had that thought! Totally appreciate the look.

johnnypark

Fantastic read. Great job breaking it down. Please post anything else you write. Hog related or not.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rhog1

Great write up. If Enos just gets rid of that awful toss dive play he will already be an improvement.

SECisKing

Quote from: johnnypark on January 23, 2015, 10:35:15 am
Fantastic read. Great job breaking it down. Please post anything else you write. Hog related or not.

Thanks Johnny, I really appreciate that. I was told that before, regarding my non-Hog related material, and I posted a Bama piece and it flopped super hard lol. So I'll stick to Hogs stuff around here, every once in a while. Don't want to over-promote on a site I don't work for out of respect for the business side of things...

But thanks again, bro.

SECisKing

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhog1 on January 23, 2015, 10:38:10 am
Great write up. If Enos just gets rid of that awful toss dive play he will already be an improvement.

I like that play actually.

SECisKing

Quote from: rhog1 on January 23, 2015, 10:38:10 am

Although the Toss Dive doesn't work all the time, I personally love it. That's the exact play we'd run in practice and it showed who was tough. They'd put a couple of offensive linemen, a couple of defensive linemen with a couple of LBs (which was what I played) and would throw that toss dive!!! Straight up physical stuff there, bro!!!!

XX

Ok, so now I'm a believer. 
But if we don't win the west next year I'm gonna hunt you down buddy.  >:(
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

SECisKing

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on January 23, 2015, 10:41:28 am
Ok, so now I'm a believer. 
But if we don't win the west next year I'm gonna hunt you down buddy.  >:(

lol, I'm not saying the Hogs will win the West as I only bet on myself and my closest friends -- but they have scheme, personnel and coaching to get the job done. And that's all that matters. It's a sustainable formula in my opinion.

ricepig

Excellent article, I had just read it and thought, wow, is this SDS?? I appreciate an article from someone who's profile says that like to break down the X's and O's. We usually get the ones from the guy who's highlight is hitting a WR or cheerleader, or something like that.

SECisKing

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2015, 10:49:46 am
Excellent article, I had just read it and thought, wow, is this SDS?? I appreciate an article from someone who's profile says that like to break down the X's and O's. We usually get the ones from the guy who's highlight is hitting a WR or cheerleader, or something like that.

HA! Yeah I hear that about SDS, but I've been there for a minute now -- and I only do this type of work...I just believe I'm under-promoted and the hit the cheerleader stuff gets more clock.

But O well, as long as the people who are into what football is really about read my stuff, it's all good to me. So I'm glad you read it, RP...

hoglady

Best and most informative article I've read to date on this hire.
Thanks!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rhog1

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:42:54 am
lol, I'm not saying the Hogs will win the West as I only bet on myself and my closest friends -- but they have scheme, personnel and coaching to get the job done. And that's all that matters. It's a sustainable formula in my opinion.
That's the biggest thing I like about Coach Bielema is that he is not building his roster for a great season every 3 or 4 years. He is building up the team to be competitive every year with quality depth at most positions. 

Berno

Good stuff.

Its encouraging what you pointed out about running out of the shotgun/passing out of the I. That could help make the offense way less predictable and give Brandon a chance to air it out a lot more. Although some of the CMU highlights I watched looked like stuff Arkansas was running last year. Very encouraging

Wildhog

Quote from: Berno on January 23, 2015, 10:56:19 am
Good stuff.

Its encouraging what you pointed out about running out of the shotgun/passing out of the I. That could help make the offense way less predictable and give Brandon a chance to air it out a lot more. Although some of the CMU highlights I watched looked like stuff Arkansas was running last year. Very encouraging

One of the biggest complaints against Chaney was that if we were in the shotgun, we were passing the ball 90% of the time.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

longpig

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:11:15 am
Nothing like continuity, Vantage 8. Very similar run concepts and I'm sure he will bring new ideas to the vertical game...Thanks for the read!
I've been hoping continuity was a priority in Coach B's hiring decision, your article makes it look like that's what we got. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

SECisKing

Quote from: hoglady on January 23, 2015, 10:54:24 am
Best and most informative article I've read to date on this hire.
Thanks!!

Thanks Hoglady! Please share with a friend or two...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2015, 10:57:15 am
One of the biggest complaints against Chaney was that if we were in the shotgun, we were passing the ball 90% of the time.

I personally would love to see more running from the gun.  If for no other reason than I think BA is more comfortable passing from the gun, so it would help him tremendously to not be so predictable in that regard.

whippersnapper

I remember at the end of the season I stopped following SDS because some of the articles they wrote about us didnt have the right facts. Some of the numbers were off and I took offense to it because if that writer didn't want to take the time to make sure everything was correct then why read it? And it wasn't just 1 article or writer. It was 2-3 times it happened. But Murf if you keep going X's and O's I'll keep reading.

SECisKing

Quote from: rhog1 on January 23, 2015, 10:56:11 am
That's the biggest thing I like about Coach Bielema is that he is not building his roster for a great season every 3 or 4 years. He is building up the team to be competitive every year with quality depth at most positions.

Yep, there's a reason why LSU and Bama are around every year. There's no substitute for physicality, rhog. That quality depth that you pointed out is so true. And once that QB position gets rolling, as it should next season, the runaway train theory will be in full effect.

Professor Psychosis

I read the article, and shared it on my Facebook for the 4-5ish friends who would actually care enough to see a breakdown like that.  Well done.

SECisKing

Quote from: Berno on January 23, 2015, 10:56:19 am
Good stuff.

Yep, you can have a simplified scheme and still be a tendency breaking offense, Berno. A lot of the airing it out stuff just won't be in the scheme -- I'll have more on that monday...But you will see some vertical stuff, but not all schemes are designed the same...Thanks for the time.

josh_sec33

Again, I say. Post more. Arkansas or otherwise. That awesome SEC forum could be a great second home here....
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

SECisKing

Quote from: longpig on January 23, 2015, 10:57:22 am
I've been hoping continuity was a priority in Coach B's hiring decision, your article makes it look like that's what we got.

Yep, LP. That's exactly what he was aiming for. It wasn't a coincidence that Chaney bolted. He needed to get that scheme continuity underway before the next QB took over after this upcoming season.

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 10:58:32 am
I personally would love to see more running from the gun.  If for no other reason than I think BA is more comfortable passing from the gun, so it would help him tremendously to not be so predictable in that regard.

Running from the Gun has its disadvantages, too. The angles are way different when hitting the gaps. But it's always good to switch it up and keep the defense on its toes. It's good that you will see a ton of both. I just love running the football period!

SECisKing

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 23, 2015, 11:01:52 am
I read the article, and shared it on my Facebook for the 4-5ish friends who would actually care enough to see a breakdown like that.  Well done.

HAHA!! It's a tough gig because I always feel like I work so hard to produce this type of content, but some of the dumbest articles get the most coverage! SMH -- but I love what I do for a living so it's all good. Hope those 4-5 people enjoy it.

SECisKing

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 23, 2015, 10:59:08 am
I remember at the end of the season I stopped following SDS because some of the articles they wrote about us didnt have the right facts. Some of the numbers were off and I took offense to it because if that writer didn't want to take the time to make sure everything was correct then why read it? And it wasn't just 1 article or writer. It was 2-3 times it happened. But Murf if you keep going X's and O's I'll keep reading.

Believe you me, Whippersnapper, I've heard those very complaints about SDS writers. I get a ton of emails about other writers as if I write the checks lol. But for the most part, I believe the writers are pretty good. But I'll keep pumping out that copy for you, bro.

SECisKing

Quote from: josh_sec33 on January 23, 2015, 11:02:16 am
Again, I say. Post more. Arkansas or otherwise. That awesome SEC forum could be a great second home here....

I'm telling you Josh, I wrote the "Beat Arkansas while you can" article during the season and it was made into a sticky here -- and got great viewership...The readers told me to post non-Hog stuff and I reluctantly obliged and it was ghost town on that non-hog article lol.

Bardicer

SECisKing

Quote from: Bardicer on January 23, 2015, 11:12:46 am
Awesome info. Horrible site.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hey man, as long as I represent myself in the right light...Hopefully my work supports that theory...

The NewEra

Quote from: SECisKing on January 23, 2015, 10:24:48 am
I wouldn't be opposed to it...But I'd honestly rather branch out, in addition to, to a site that is Hogs dedicated on the side. I think that's my next goal...But I appreciate the sentiment.

I bet Lanny would work a deal with you on that.

SECisKing

Quote from: The NewEra on January 23, 2015, 11:14:34 am
I bet Lanny would work a deal with you on that.

Provide me with the hookup and let's make it happen. I've been debating on which team to branch out with in the SEC, and the Hogs are my No. 1 pick -- so I've made it my goal to seek that out...So please intro me, NewEra....

Sir Oinksalot

....thanks so much for the break down on Coach Enos, I've been too lazy to research it so it's nice to have
someone knowledgable do it haha.  Really like the site as well, it's interesting to see the other teams
and their attacks....again, congrats on a perfectly timed article !!

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Uncle_dad

SECisKing

**Appearance Alert**

I'll appearing on ESPN Arkansas' the Morning Rush, once again, with Tyler Wilson, Derek and Tommy on Monday at 7:15 you guys' time. Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone as I'm sure a rival station is powered by this message board...