Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting dots (Chaney/Enos)

Started by onebadrubi, January 22, 2015, 01:21:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadhog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 22, 2015, 02:26:26 pm
Bielema has NEVER said he was balanced in terms of number of plays.  He has always stated that, at a minimum, he wanted 200yds passing and 200yds rushing per game.  Look it up

I have seen that many times.  However, Mike Irwin said he is not the run/pass balance guy he CLAIMS TO BE.  I guess Mike is wrong this, huh???  Geez, I was going to offer to buy you a beer at the back porch next time I am in town.  I thought we had at least gained some respect for each others viewpoints...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

PorkSoda

Quote from: dynastyhog on January 22, 2015, 02:29:42 pm
Chaney needed to be limited.  Time will tell if BB is going to be more balanced but I'd say if you don't like smash mouth football then watching the Hogs may not be your thing.
I agree with this.  I also wonder how engaged chaney was with the players. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 22, 2015, 02:30:12 pm
BA wasn't just hurt, he was in debilitating pain.  you could see it in how he carried himself and after every play.  He was not effective for at least a few series.  If AA wasn't ready to step in, that is the fault of the coaches.  It was a bowl game with more than enough practice time.

It wasn't a bowl game and they had a week to practice. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 02:28:35 pm
The proof is Jim Chaney. Chaney left because he did not have the freedom to use the passing game that he believed he would have when he was hired. I've been told this but really it's a no brainer.

Or you could just admit you didn't phrase your previous post as well as you might have.   

Kevin

this is what i think cbb means about balance
50 rushes at 4 yards a carry 200 yards
10 completions at 20 yards for 200 yards

there is your balance
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkSoda

Quote from: bigbadhog on January 22, 2015, 02:34:13 pm
I have seen that many times.  However, Mike Irwin said he is not the run/pass balance guy he CLAIMS TO BE.  I guess Mike is wrong this, huh???  Geez, I was going to offer to buy you a beer at the back porch next time I am in town.  I thought we had at least gained some respect for each others viewpoints...
Given our strengths, its obvious we should have leaned more towards the run game, especially when the game was on the line.  Chaney consistently leaned on the passing game. 

Its not about balance, its about relying on what you are good at.  Chaney is good at calling passing plays, so when it was crunch time, that is what he did.  however our team was not particularly good at passing, so no matter how good the call, they failed to execute consistently.

I'm sure BB would have liked Chaney to play to the TEAM'S strengths instead of his own.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2015, 02:36:21 pm

there is your balance
I'm okay with that

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 02:34:50 pm
It wasn't a bowl game and they had a week to practice. 
sorry, brainfart, but it was the end of the season, so they had plenty of practice time.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 02:28:35 pm
The proof is Jim Chaney. Chaney left because he did not have the freedom to use the passing game that he believed he would have when he was hired. I've been told this but really it's a no brainer.
Chaney had the freedom to use his passing game.  he just used it too much, when he should have been running the ball, and lost games because of it.  BB I'm sure was not happy about that and let him know.  If chaney was handcuffed, it was because BB had to salvage the season.  Chaney was out of control with his play calling IMO, and most of the year I was begging for BB to throw the cuff on him.

Cresthog

there is your balance

Does Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers average 20yd/completion?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 02:32:59 pm
So just to be clear.  You're saying that Chaney left because CBB lied to him and told him he would be able to pass more than CBB actually intended to let him pass?
Give me a break. Never said anything about lying. I'm saying that at some point Chaney realized the job wasn't what he thought it was going to be. It was just a matter of time until he was gone.

Who knows what was actually said between them when he was hired?  Some of you people act like you've never been in a situation like this. I think most of us have many times. Your boss gives you an overview of what you're supposed to do. But real life situations, day after day, have a way of presenting situations you didn't anticipate.

At some point you look up and say, WHOA, THIS WASN'T WHAT I EXPECTED. So you leave or you get fired.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Cresthog on January 22, 2015, 02:43:07 pm

I got to believe Bielema is thinking 15 or more pass completions per game. 

Wildhog

The notion that Enos and Chaney's philosophies aren't any different is LAUGHABLE.

Jim Chaney came from freaking Joe Tiller's spread offense.  His last year at Tennessee they ran the ball 46% of the time.

Meanwhile, Dan Enos ran the ball 57% of the time in 2014.

It's absolutely asinine, and pretty dishonest, to suggest that they come from anywhere near the same philosophy.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bigbadhog on January 22, 2015, 02:23:13 pm
And "is Enos going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that BB is not the run/pass balance guy he CLAIMS TO BE?"  Read the post above...

It's not like the guy cant pull up some stats and look them up for himself. I would imagine he knows exactly what CBB wants to do with the offense.

Kevin

Quote from: Cresthog on January 22, 2015, 02:43:07 pm

you just like to fight, don't you?

the example was, balance was not number of plays. because we will be heavy on the run, they will get big chunk plays in the passing game, something we have not been able to do.

so how about this:
15-22  for 200 yards, 13.3 yards a completion
50 carries for 200 yards.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 22, 2015, 02:42:33 pm
Chaney had the freedom to use his passing game.  he just used it too much, when he should have been running the ball, and lost games because of it.  BB I'm sure was not happy about that and let him know.  If chaney was handcuffed, it was because BB had to salvage the season.  Chaney was out of control with his play calling IMO, and most of the year I was begging for BB to throw the cuff on him.
Why does everything discussed here have to boil down to good guy, bad guy stuff. They realized they had difference goals with regard to play calling. Bielema was the boss. So either he told Chaney to move on or Chaney did it before it became a bigger problem.

Simple stuff.

opineonswine

Quote from: bigbadhog on January 22, 2015, 02:23:13 pm
And "is Enos going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that BB is not the run/pass balance guy he CLAIMS TO BE?"  Read the post above...

How silly.  I would hope a guy making a half a million dollars is smarter than some. 

Where have you been lately?  Nothing to jump on and badmouth the Razorbacks about?  It's not Ground Hog day so feel free to slink back under the porch.

Atlhogfan1

Balance in our case is being able to run when we want and pass effectively when we have to pass and using that threat to circle back to evening the numbers to where we can run.  The stupid bitching that we passed too much when we had a lead is just that.  Defenses brought more and more in to help stop our run game to where there were more defenders than we could block.  Chaney had a darn job especially in 2013 given the personnel.  I can't blame him for wanting to leave.  Enos is stepping into a better opportunity and a chance to significantly help his career. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 02:51:33 pm
Why does everything discussed here have to boil down to good guy, bad guy stuff. They realized they had difference goals with regard to play calling. Bielema was the boss. So either he told Chaney to move on or Chaney did it before it became a bigger problem.

Simple stuff.
fair enough.  I do think there was a difference in philosophy.  and the passing game did improve with increased focus on it, but it came at a cost to the running game.

I'm not surprised that there was a mutual agreement to part ways.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 02:48:30 pm
The notion that Enos and Chaney's philosophies aren't any different is LAUGHABLE.

Jim Chaney came from freaking Joe Tiller's spread offense.  His last year at Tennessee they ran the ball 46% of the time.

Meanwhile, Dan Enos ran the ball 57% of the time in 2014, and has always been at a similar clip.

It's absolutely asinine, and pretty dishonest, to suggest that they come from anywhere near the same philosophy.
Some don't get this. If Bielema didn't want the philosophy to change Chaney would still be here.

It is not a small thing to change coordinators. You don't do it for the hell of it.

Kevin

Simple stuff.

there is no bad guy. cbb is not going to run the type offense that chaney wants too.

i think cbb is a lot like alvarez when it comes offense, your going to run what he wants you to run.

anderson found that out when he went to wisconsin, and now has left.

his offense at utah state, & I bet at oregon state, will look nothing like what was run at wisconsin.

that is why alvarez went with chryst. he will do it the alvarez way.

just like enos, is going to do it cbb's way, because that is what he believes in

Tusks

I think it's simpler than the thread is making it.

It's about the W's !!  What is JC record as a OC in the SEC?  I mean it's that simple to me.  I don't care how prolific the offense is, if you're not winning then it doesn't matter.

Like it or not, the 2nd half offensive scoring performance says a lot about what was going on.

Time to move on and I really like this guy.  A former QB.  I bet the mechanics of the QB's get better.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wildhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 01:35:41 pm
On the surface I don't see a big difference between Chaney's philosophy and Enos'.

I guess I was just taken aback by this gem.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tphog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 02:46:55 pm
Give me a break. Never said anything about lying. I'm saying that at some point Chaney realized the job wasn't what he thought it was going to be. It was just a matter of time until he was gone.

Who knows what was actually said between them when he was hired?  Some of you people act like you've never been in a situation like this. I think most of us have many times. Your boss gives you an overview of what you're supposed to do. But real life situations, day after day, have a way of presenting situations you didn't anticipate.

At some point you look up and say, WHOA, THIS WASN'T WHAT I EXPECTED. So you leave or you get fired.

Not to split hairs Mike but actually you did say something about lying.  If you say CBB is not really who he claims to be then you are calling him a liar.  You said it would be interesting to see how Enos reacted when he found out CBB was not the run/pass balance coach he claims to be. Sounds like you are calling him a liar to me.
Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

If I can take on the gumps for their homecoming queen....well

PRJ

Tusks

Remember CBB played for Hayden Frye.  One of the complaints JFB had about HF was that he sometimes liked to score too quick.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 01:56:15 pm
Proof? On several occasions after losses Bielema has complained about giving up on the run too soon, or getting "too cute" with the offense. More than once Chaney apologized for this on camera. Said he was going to have to do a better job calling the run game.

What Bielema calls a balanced offense is balanced in terms of total yards not pass plays vs run plays. I've made this point before. The passing game improved this past season. The run game pretty much stayed the same. I'm told that Bielema was not happy about that.

I'm not criticizing Bielema. It's what he believes in. I do think that Chaney thought there would be a little more give and take on the passing game than was the case.

It will be interesting to see how this works with Enos. Again, he's been a head coach. He's used to getting his way. How much will he have to adjust? Maybe a lot. Maybe not much at all.

Bielema may also have had the same QB development issues with Chaney that some of you complained about. The guy he just hired WAS a QB and a pretty good one.

Mike i think you are closer with this post, however BB is an old Lineman and Frye disciple, things aren't working and his fall back is always going to be, be physical and run the ball. I really believe however he gives his cordinators a lot of freedom. I believe there was issues with play selection and development of an efficient passing game over the past 2 seasons, and I believe the loss at Mizzou because of our offensive ineptness in the last 2/3 of the game was the final straw. I believe that day is when BB decided Chaney needed a job somewhere else. I believe BB wants a balanced offense, but we aren't talking balance of plays, but balance of offense. He wants that offense to be balanced while the actual plays are 70-30.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 02:48:30 pm

Meanwhile, Dan Enos ran the ball 57% of the time in 2014.

Someone posted a video of a 2012 highlight video of Enos's running back.  I absolutely loved some of the blocking schemes in that video for the RB.  His WR's didn't show the effort I would like on down field block, but Wildhogs man our awesome WR coach will take care of that!  I'm excited about the hire for play calling and balance, and it seems he can even help close recruits! 

bigbadhog

Quote from: opineonswine on January 22, 2015, 02:53:50 pm
How silly.  I would hope a guy making a half a million dollars is smarter than some. 

Where have you been lately?  Nothing to jump on and badmouth the Razorbacks about?  It's not Ground Hog day so feel free to slink back under the porch.

That was a Mike Irwin quote from earlier in the thread so I guess I am now not the only one who feels that way.  I was busy attending the Razorback football games during the fall and pull for my favorite team.  How about you???
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

PorkRinds

Quote from: tphog on January 22, 2015, 02:58:36 pm

Not to split hairs Mike but actual you did say something about lying.  If you say CBB is not really who he claims to be then you are calling him a liar.  You said it would be interesting to see how Enos reacted when he found out CBB was not the run/pass balance coach he claims to be. Sounds like you calling him a liar to me.

Same here.  If you say someone is not what they claim to be, you are basically calling them a fraud.  Maybe that was just a bad choice of words on Mike's part, and I can understand that.  But to me, I took it the same way you did.  "Wait til this guy gets in here and sees that CBB isn't what he claims to be" sounds an awful lot like saying he's faking it.

Kevin

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 22, 2015, 02:59:46 pm
Mike i think you are closer with this post, however BB is an old Lineman and Frye disciple, things aren't working and his fall back is always going to be, be physical and run the ball. I really believe however he gives his cordinators a lot of freedom. I believe there was issues with play selection and development of an efficient passing game over the past 2 seasons, and I believe the loss at Mizzou because of our offensive ineptness in the last 2/3 of the game was the final straw. I believe that day is when BB decided Chaney needed a job somewhere else. I believe BB wants a balanced offense, but we aren't talking balance of plays, but balance of offense. He wants that offense to be balanced while the actual plays are 70-30.

totally agree,
not number of play balance, but yardage balance

Sportster365

It's going to be interesting to see how a former head coach who is used to calling his own plays adapts to what Bielema wants. On the surface I don't see a big difference between Chaney's philosophy and Enos'. So is he going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that Bielema is not the run/pass balance guy that he says he is?

It could be that Bielema has looked at Enos' playbook and is satisfied that it contains more creative ways to run the ball than Chaney's. However I was told that Chaney had plenty of running plays that he never installed because he felt the personnel wasn't a fit for some of that stuff.

I've found that his philosophy seems to fit more inline with that of Coach Bielema's. Eno's approach seems far more conservative than that of Chaney's.

Ideally, I estimate, he prefers to pass it for roughly 20-25 attempts per game and run it per say 35-40 times per game.

onebadrubi

Simple stuff.

It's very similar to the way Michael smith handles the radio show!  He always seems to have to propel his side as a more superior good guy side vs all.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: tusked on January 22, 2015, 02:57:28 pm
I think it's simpler than the thread is making it.

It's about the W's !!  What is JC record as a OC in the SEC?  I mean it's that simple to me.  I don't care how prolific the offense is, if you're not winning then it doesn't matter.

Like it or not, the 2nd half offensive scoring performance says a lot about what was going on.

Time to move on and I really like this guy.  A former QB.  I bet the mechanics of the QB's get better.

He was at two programs experiencing significant downturns in their programs.  The records aren't surprising and probably would have been similar with any number of other OCs.  But that brings in the other side of the discussion:  why does he keep landing jobs at programs struggling or in rebuilding situations? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 02:46:55 pm

Mike I see what your saying, but I have read your post a few times now and the way you presented it, was that CBB told Chaney was sold a bill of goods from CBB. IMO.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Atlhogfan1

Balance can be achieved with 10 passes a game or whatever other small total.  Scare the hell out of the safeties and LBs with effective passing and keep them out of the box and allow the oline, TE's and blocking backs(when used) to have an opportunity to do their jobs.  It isn't about yards or number of plays.  It is about effectiveness and what the defense respects and how it affects how they play. 

Tusks

You can't win big in todays big boy college football without being able to run the ball AND throw the ball.  It's that simple.

I, for some reason, really think that CBB understands this.  Look a tOSU offense that won the NC.  They could run when they needed to and they could throw when they needed to.

That's the way it works.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: tphog on January 22, 2015, 02:58:36 pm

Not to split hairs Mike but actual you did say something about lying.  If you say CBB is not really who he claims to be then you are calling him a liar.  You said it would be interesting to see how Enos reacted when he found out CBB was not the run/pass balance coach he claims to be. Sounds like you calling him a liar to me.
You're either trying to start crap or you have a reading comprehension problem. I threw out the Chaney example in the form of a question. Would Enos eventually come to the conclusion that run/pass balance wasn't the same to him as it was to Bielema? Nobody has to be lying. You tell me something. It means one thing to me but something different to you. The devil is often in the details. Details that you discover from working with somebody 70 hours a week for two years.

Again have any of you people ever taken a job that seemed a lot different a year later than the day you discussed it with your future boss?

Hogaliciousness

Anyone could see disfunction between what our team was built for, Bielema's philosophy, and the games called by Chaney.  Other than the Texas game - there were always periods in the game (and sometime quarters of the game) that I would shake my head. 

My wife is tired of hearing me scream 'just run the ball'...  However, having a better Oline, lots of returning players, and receivers should give much more balance to keep the defenses honest.  Having an OC that is more in-tune with CBB will only enhance our offense. 
I am ready for some football!

tphog

So is he going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that Bielema is not the run/pass balance guy that he says he is?

I have no desire to "start crap" and I have no reading comprehension problem. This was your exact quote. Now you may have posed it in question form but you are clearly saying will Enos be shocked when he sees CBB isn't who he says he is. It could have been poor wording on your part. You did not specify that it might be that their ideas of balance might be different. I like your insights and enjoy your takes mostly but there is only one way to read this one.
Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

If I can take on the gumps for their homecoming queen....well

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

You can't be one dimensional against SEC defenses and win consistently.  The players and coaching is too good even against the lesser teams.  They will work to take away what you do best.  We had not shown the ability to make plays downfield for various reasons which closed the field down and made it tougher to run the ball as games went on.  Enos should be getting a much more ready product as far as individual players to be able to keep defenses a little more off balance. 

TeedupHigh

It's going to be interesting to see how a former head coach who is used to calling his own plays adapts to what Bielema wants. On the surface I don't see a big difference between Chaney's philosophy and Enos'. So is he going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that Bielema is not the run/pass balance guy that he says he is?

It could be that Bielema has looked at Enos' playbook and is satisfied that it contains more creative ways to run the ball than Chaney's. However I was told that Chaney had plenty of running plays that he never installed because he felt the personnel wasn't a fit for some of that stuff.

Sometime some of this stuff is laugh out loud funny!  Chaney had TWO thousand yard rushers, a very good O-line BUT yet we didn't have the personnel fit for some of it?  Smh, What else do we need in order to run the ball?

ThisTeetsTaken

Bottom line is that we won't be completely abandoning the run and throwing 10 straight plays in key parts of the game again.  That is what a Tennessee fan friend of mine warned about when we hired Chaney.  It's what bothered me most about our offense the last two years and apparently bothered CBB also.  I think Enos is going to be a better fitting piece of the coaching staff puzzle than Chaney was.  WooPig!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

redeye

there is your balance

That was always my understanding.

Personally, I thought we were fairly balanced, regardless of what the numbers may say.  The problem wasn't that we ran or threw too much, but when we ran and threw the ball.  Also how we did it.

Late last year, I finally began understanding Chaney a little, although I still disagreed with many of the calls we saw called on the field.  It'll be interesting to see what he does at Pitt and I suspect he'll do well.  But there were times last year when we'd turn to the passing game, even though we were running very well with the game on the line, so I don't buy that it was all due to how the defense lined up against us.

Whatever it was, we've seen some very strange playcalling under Bielema and Chaney.  I'm sure some of it was a result of them trying to fuse their systems together, although I also think some was Chaney calling what the defense least expected all the time.  However, I think Chaney could be an offensive wizard, especially some place like Pitt, so it'll be interesting to see what happens up there.  I just don't think he was a good fit for what we're trying to do.

In hindsight, I think Bielema took the Arkansas job figuring he'd need a good passing game in the SEC, and with Chaney's success throwing the ball in the SEC, he seemed like a good fit.  Even though Chaney's passing calls aggravated me to no end, I hope Bielema hasn't given up on that belief and that we'll continue trying to put a balanced offense on the field, although it needs to be run first.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TeedupHigh on January 22, 2015, 03:18:39 pm
Sometime some of this stuff is laugh out loud funny!  Chaney had TWO thousand yard rushers, a very good O-line BUT yet we didn't have the personnel fit for some of it?  Smh, What else do we need in order to run the ball?

Sure, you can go pull those stats from the end of the season and say that.  But if you are going to be technical, didn't you have to round to get that second thousand yard rusher? 

Also, when we NEEDED to run the ball, we could not do it. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TeedupHigh on January 22, 2015, 03:18:39 pm

You have no idea what he was wanting to run and what it would have required of the olinemen or other players to execute.  He didn't feel they were capable of executing screens. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 03:08:34 pm
Again have any of you people ever taken a job that seemed a lot different a year later than the day you discussed it with your future boss?

On more than one occasion! It happens all the time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.