Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting dots (Chaney/Enos)

Started by onebadrubi, January 22, 2015, 01:21:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognVA

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on January 22, 2015, 02:20:06 pm
Based on Coach B's stance on player safety don't you have to think he wanted to pull him?  Then again, the coach has the final say so it could be said it was the other way around and he stayed in despite protest from his OC. 

I have a suspicion that Chaney wanted him out and BB overruled him. The only other option is that Chaney just talked him out of it and then BB was pi$$ed he let him.

duckman

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2015, 02:36:21 pm
this is what i think cbb means about balance
40 rushes at 5 yards a carry 200 yards
20 completions at 10 yards for 200 yards

there is your balance

FIFY

Josh Goforth

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 01:37:29 pm
What proof of this is out there?  He's been pretty balanced so far, and was at Wisconsin.  Sure, if we can he will ram it down their throats till they like it, but what info is out there to say he doesn't want to have a balanced offense?
If by balanced you mean 60/40 run to pass.

Enos is closer to what Bielema was at Wisconsin.

younghog

January 22, 2015, 03:51:55 pm #103 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:05:28 pm by younghog
Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 01:37:29 pm
What proof of this is out there?  He's been pretty balanced so far, and was at Wisconsin.  Sure, if we can he will ram it down their throats till they like it, but what info is out there to say he doesn't want to have a balanced offense?

I feel ya.. I really do.. Could be Chaney just didn't call the PLAYS CBB wanted.
GO HOGS

Mike Irwin

Quote from: tphog on January 22, 2015, 03:17:52 pm
So is he going to be in for a big shock when he finds out that Bielema is not the run/pass balance guy that he says he is?

I have no desire to "start crap" and I have no reading comprehension problem. This was your exact quote. Now you may have posed it in question form but you are clearly saying will Enos be shocked when he sees CBB isn't who he says he is. It could have been poor wording on your part. You did not specify that it might be that their ideas of balance might be different. I like your insights and enjoy your takes mostly but there is only one way to read this one.
I DID NOT say Enos would be shocked. I asked if it might happen? It did happen with Chaney.

Clearly none of us know the details of the pre job interview between Chaney and Bielema or Enos and Bielema. We do know that Chaney worked for two years under an arrangement he turned out to be uncomfortable with. It's pretty clear that in retrospect it wasn't what he thought it would be. Nobody has to have been lying. That word was never used. It is reasonable to ask if Enos might end up with the same issues that Chaney did. It doesn't mean it will happen. It doesn't mean I'm suggesting it will happen.

It's a question. A possibility.

DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND?

Josh Goforth

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 02:48:30 pm
The notion that Enos and Chaney's philosophies aren't any different is LAUGHABLE.

Jim Chaney came from freaking Joe Tiller's spread offense.  His last year at Tennessee they ran the ball 46% of the time.

Meanwhile, Dan Enos ran the ball 57% of the time in 2014.

It's absolutely asinine, and pretty dishonest, to suggest that they come from anywhere near the same philosophy.

Enos was also in a spread offense at Mich st and runs a lot of spread concepts very similiar to Chaney. In his first 2 years at Central Mich he threw it more than they ran. 58 and 56 %

nchogg

As long as our OC takes what a defense gives us and we make plays we will be all right.

Sportster365

Quote from: HognVA on January 22, 2015, 03:35:32 pm
I have a suspicion that Chaney wanted him out and BB overruled him. The only other option is that Chaney just talked him out of it and then BB was pi$$ed he let him.

If indeed a discussion like this had ever taken place during the Missouri game, then I think it's a safe bet to say the HC get's the last say over who gets in and out a game. BA's poor 2nd half performance was a reflection on CJC offense, as with any QB/OC duo. I can see an OC getting bitter behind a decision like that.

And if this is true, why wouldn't CBB pull an obviously hurt QB? I don't know why, but I've always had the idea that CBB has never genuinely wanted Austin to come in and out-play his bigger brother and fans start to question why has coach B been leaving him on the sidelines for so long, this has the potential to sort of make him look a bit foolish. The thought itself is a bit far fetched, but is Austin really that bad? He seemed to have played fairly well finishing up the game against LSU. Why couldn't we have gave him a chance against Mizzou?

Wildhog

Quote from: jg8417 on January 22, 2015, 03:56:51 pm
Enos was also in a spread offense at Mich st and runs a lot of spread concepts very similiar to Chaney. In his first 2 years at Central Mich he threw it more than they ran. 58 and 56 %

Yeah, they were in a transition from a spread to a pro-style.  I've read plenty about it.  A lot of people weren't happy to be moving away from the spread.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

I think Chaney was surprised like Bielema with the personnel he inherited and it worsened when Mitchell transferred.  Like I said earlier though, there is a reason he keeps getting tough jobs.

Enos gets 4 four star qbs including a RS Sr and RS So with playing experience, 2 extremely experienced and talented backs, same for TE and olinemen.  No need to force true freshmen or walk ons to play now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

younghog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 03:01:03 pm
Same here.  If you say someone is not what they claim to be, you are basically calling them a fraud.  Maybe that was just a bad choice of words on Mike's part, and I can understand that.  But to me, I took it the same way you did.  "Wait til this guy gets in here and sees that CBB isn't what he claims to be" sounds an awful lot like saying he's faking it.

thats how I read it..
GO HOGS

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 22, 2015, 03:57:21 pm
If indeed a discussion like this had ever taken place during the Missouri game, then I think it's a safe bet to say the HC get's the last say over who gets in and out a game. BA's poor 2nd half performance was a reflection on CJC offense, as with any QB/OC duo. I can see an OC getting bitter behind a decision like that.

And if this is true, why wouldn't CBB pull an obviously hurt QB? I don't know why, but I've always had the idea that CBB has never genuinely wanted Austin to come in and out-play his bigger brother and fans start to question why has coach B been leaving him on the sidelines for so long, this has the potential to sort of make him look a bit foolish. The thought itself is a bit far fetched, but is Austin really that bad? He seemed to have played fairly well finishing up the game against LSU. Why couldn't we have gave him a chance against Mizzou?
Oh son of a bitch.  This darn again?  Really?  Coaches start the guy who gives them the best chance to win. Period. CBB has already said he regrets the decision to leave BA in the Mizzou game.

Get over it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 22, 2015, 03:24:51 pm
You have no idea what he was wanting to run and what it would have required of the olinemen or other players to execute.  He didn't feel they were capable of executing screens.

Anyway you word this it is still bull. We could at least tried. Maybe Chaney just wasn't a screen type of guy but is too proud to admit it ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

younghog

C
Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 22, 2015, 03:52:40 pm
I DID NOT say Enos would be shocked. I asked if it might happen? It did happen with Chaney.

Clearly none of us know the details of the pre job interview between Chaney and Bielema or Enos and Bielema. We do know that Chaney worked for two years under an arrangement he turned out to be uncomfortable with. It's pretty clear that in retrospect it wasn't what he thought it would be. Nobody has to have been lying. That word was never used. It is reasonable to ask if Enos might end up with the same issues that Chaney did. It doesn't mean it will happen. It doesn't mean I'm suggesting it will happen.

It's a question. A possibility.

DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND?

Could be that CBB was uncomfortable with Chaney
GO HOGS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 22, 2015, 04:03:49 pm
Anyway you word this it is still bull. We could at least tried. Maybe Chaney just wasn't a screen type of guy but is too proud to admit it ???

No, he didn't believe he had the personnel to execute certain plays well.  I only mentioned screens as an example of other plays he wasn't comfortable calling with the players he had. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

tphog

Yes Mike I completely understand. It's obvious you can't read your own quote and read it the way a lot of us are reading it.  You pose the question Will Enos be shocked. Which I understand that to be the question. But in your question you say, "when he finds out CBB isn't the run/pass balance guy he says he is."

It reads to me, like this, Bret isn't the run/pass balance guy he says he is. Do you think it will shock Enos or not.       

Can You Understand That?
Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

If I can take on the gumps for their homecoming queen....well

PRJ

HF#1

Quote from: tphog on January 22, 2015, 04:07:06 pm
Yes Mike I completely understand. It's obvious you can't read your own quote and read it the way a lot of us are reading it.  You pose the question Will Enos be shocked. Which I understand that to be the question. But in your question you say, "when he finds out CBB isn't the run/pass balance guy he says he is."

It reads to me, like this, Bret isn't the run/pass balance guy he says he is. Do you think it will shock Enos or not.       

Can You Understand That?

Some of you aholes are just rude and obnoxious.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin