Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Smith speculation

Started by SquidBilly, January 22, 2015, 11:21:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on January 22, 2015, 11:30:05 am
with recruiting coming down to the wire we need something to happen soon, either extension or new guy comin in

Patience.  I don't think our AD or head coach are in the business of screwing their future...

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 22, 2015, 01:16:05 pm
Patience.  I don't think our AD or head coach are in the business of screwing their future...

that's fair.  i only mention it from a recruiting perspective. 

jkstock04

Do people really believe we have a double super secret 5* recruit coming...from California? Being brought in by our running backs coach? Lol man that's rich.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 22, 2015, 01:23:09 pm
Do people really believe we have a double super secret 5* recruit coming...from California? Being brought in by our running backs coach? Lol man that's rich.

Same guys that thought it was Joker/Tee Roper/Tee Tee/Joker.........

jm

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 22, 2015, 01:04:40 pm
Maybe he wanted to wait to see who the new OC was going to be. There are about a million different ways people can speculate on this.

I think he is just too busy recruiting that he doesn't have time to find the pen to sign with. Just a workin man doin work!

Hawgboy64

Maybe Enos brings Mose Rison with him.....
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

hog_fan

He turned down A&M and is working on getting himself a better deal.

redeye

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 22, 2015, 12:00:02 pm
CBB went earlier, and Thomas is there today.  They both were supposedly visiting our punter commitment, just to be clear.  They aren't there together. And I'm not claiming anything just yet.  Just asking if you'd think more highly of him if he did work.

That's a lot of work for a punter close to signing day.  They're racking up some air miles.

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 22, 2015, 12:54:59 pm
I suspect that some of the OC's we interviewed may have wanted to bring a right hand man with them whereas others did not care.  Therefore, CBB made the decision that HE wanted Thomas retained and Smith would have the ax fall if someone had to go. It may also be that some OC candidates wanted to coach WR and thus his position was iffy.  Regardless, unless Enos has a guy he wants to bring, I bet we see an extension for Smith soon.  I also bet Enos will be having dinner with KJ very soon.

That makes sense, although onebadrubi's theory of Smith waiting to see who our OC would be also makes good sense.  Bielema's probably spent a lot of time working with JT on RB's and feels comfortable with him.

As for recruiting, I have no reason to believe Smith or Thomas are lagging.  I realize Thomas hasn't had the success Smith has had, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

razorzapp

Quote from: Uncommon on January 22, 2015, 01:03:32 pm
Both Michael and Robb Smiths are flying down to Haynesville, LA to see Arizona LB commit Kendrick Jackson today. 

https://twitter.com/raginwildfire/status/558335472179904512

So I think he'll remain on staff.

One doesn't simply fly down to Haynesville, LA..... 

Uncommon

Quote from: razorzapp on January 22, 2015, 05:14:17 pm
There is linebacker there that does not sleep.

Wildhog

Quote from: razorzapp on January 22, 2015, 05:14:17 pm

Yeah, they flew into Magnolia.

When I was in college, I bought my beer in Haynesville.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:25:28 pm
Yeah, they flew into Magnolia.

When I was in college, I bought my beer in Haynesville.

Is that the place that had the drive thru daiquiri's?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 05:29:43 pm
Is that the place that had the drive thru daiquiri's?

Yes.

Well, I don't think it was daquiris, but the little drive through place is where I got it.  I can't remember the name of it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:30:36 pm
Yes.

Well, I don't think it was daquiris, but the little drive through place is where I got it.  I can't remember the name of it.

This place we went to had daiquiri's, I remember some of the girls/women getting them.

razorzapp

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:30:36 pm
Yes.

JJs.  And not afraid to admit a "Boss" is a dang good drink.....

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 05:35:52 pm
This place we went to had daiquiri's, I remember some of the girls/women getting them.

I wish I remembered better.  I think that was a different place, now that I think about it.  Probably should have had less beer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:42:40 pm
I wish I remembered better.  I think that was a different place, now that I think about it.  Probably should have had less beer.

Well, this was 15 years ago, I don't have many brain cells left, sure didn't have any then.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 05:47:53 pm
Well, this was 15 years ago, I don't have many brain cells left, sure didn't have any then.

Yeah, I should know this.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:48:43 pm
Yeah, it was ten for me.  I should know this.

There were two places, one if we just were getting beer, and the other for daiquiri's.

Anyway, I guess we should know something on Smith, soon.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 05:50:52 pm
There were two places, one if we just were getting beer, and the other for daiquiri's.

Anyway, I guess we should know something on Smith, soon.

The place I went to was a small little store with a drive thru.  It was like the first place you came to from Magnolia.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rightdp

Quote from: hog_fan on January 22, 2015, 04:59:58 pm
He turned down A&M and is working on getting himself a better deal.

Why would you say this when you clearly have NO idea what you're talking about?

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:51:57 pm
The place I went to was a small little store with a drive thru.  It was like the first place you came to from Magnolia.

I was just visiting a friend who had just moved there, I'm not sure of many details.

JackJohnson

Probably just a coincidence bc he is from New Orleans but Tulane's WR coach left for Nebraska and Michael Smith now follows Tulane's head football coach as well as the "voice of Tulane football" on Twitter...

Tim Harris

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2015, 08:18:52 pm
Probably just a coincidence bc he is from New Orleans but Tulane's WR coach left for Nebraska and Michael Smith now follows Tulane's head football coach as well as the "voice of Tulane football" on Twitter...

According to coachingsearch they are hiring some analyst or assistant from the Saints.

razorzapp

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 05:51:57 pm

Gave you the answer already you brain dead old farts.....

The NewEra

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 11:56:00 am
No, I'm saying we have no idea who the lead is.  All I heard was that CBB went out to Cali.  I'm not giving Joel Thomas credit for a five star for simply tagging along. 

If it comes out that Thomas was the guy that made this happen, I'll be happy to give him credit. 

Until then, he's been completely worthless as a recruiter.

That's a very unwise statement for a guy whose not in the inner circle with the coaching staff to make. Your incessant whipping up on JT and his recruiting skills are starting to make you appear to have some sort of axe to grind.

Wildhog

Quote from: The NewEra on January 22, 2015, 09:27:33 pm
That's a very unwise statement for a guy whose not in the inner circle with the coaching staff to make. Your incessant whipping up on JT and his recruiting skills are starting to make you appear to have some sort of axe to grind.

Yeah, I make a lot of them.  Welcome to Hogville.

*Insert John Philip Sousa*
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 10:03:06 pm
Yeah, I make a lot of them.  Welcome to Hogville.

*Insert John Philip Sousa*

Did you read the T.J.Smith Thread about Thomas.

Paul

Although some may give all the credit to BB, Thomas is the position coach that is at least partially responsible for the only tandem of 1000 yard rushers in the NCAA.  California is part of his recruiting territory. IF the 5 star SS recruit is fron CA, that's why he's on him. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 22, 2015, 01:23:09 pm
It happens...

XX

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Huckleberry Pig

ricepig

lasthog

Mule Riders went to Springhill, La. to quench thirst.

Wildhog

Quote from: lasthog on January 23, 2015, 11:16:28 am
Mule Riders went to Springhill, La. to quench thirst.

We used to go to Pyro's (Formerly Oasis)
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

Smith will be all right, He is not going anywhere.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Not that he would tell you any differently if it weren't the case, but heard it from his lips (Michael Smith) that he'll be here next year.

GO

No one ever went to Ogemaw?  Just north of Magnolia? OK had to be 21, but we had a buddy that worked there, at the liquor store not the Rainbow Bar so we could buy it there for a discount. J&J's when the girls wanted something.

Wildhog

Quote from: GO on January 26, 2015, 01:02:23 pm
No one ever went to Ogemaw?  Just north of Magnolia? OK had to be 21, but we had a buddy that worked there, at the liquor store not the Rainbow Bar so we could buy it there for a discount. J&J's when the girls wanted something.

Yeah, occasionally we went to Ogemaw.
1909/1964/1965/1977

thebignasty

hogrocker

Quote from: Uncommon on January 22, 2015, 05:23:54 pm
There is linebacker there that does not sleep.
Easily my favorite post in the last couple of years!

scruf

They have an opening at WR coach and he's not under contract here. Is this something or nothing? If he goes, who's on the short list? I would think DelVaughn Alexander, (Ariz. State) who was on CBB's staff at Wisconsin, would be a candidate. Possibly Keenan McCardell at Maryland. Thoughts?

Wildhog

Quote from: scruf on January 27, 2015, 12:19:05 pm
They have an opening at WR coach and he's not under contract here. Is this something or nothing? If he goes, who's on the short list? I would think DelVaughn Alexander, (Ariz. State) who was on CBB's staff at Wisconsin, would be a candidate. Possibly Keenan McCardell at Maryland. Thoughts?

Saw that last night.  Definitely odd.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

If he leaves, I would guess that the new OC has someone in mind that he wants to bring in.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: scruf on January 27, 2015, 12:19:05 pm

He's under contract here til June.

scruf

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 27, 2015, 12:20:16 pm
He's under contract here til June.

It would be an easy out, especially if he was encouraged to look around.

tophawg19

i'd take a look at who Enos has worked with at MSU to see if there are big names available . i like Keenan m . though
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Paul

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 12:19:41 pm
Saw that last night.  Definitely odd.

Nah, he's just looking for WRs, nothing to see here.........

Wildhog

Quote from: Paul on January 27, 2015, 12:23:21 pm
I just like saying "Keenan McCardell"

I loved him when I was a kid.  Brunell to McCardell!
1909/1964/1965/1977