Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titus Davis - KJ Hill

Started by thehill1414, January 22, 2015, 10:36:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thehill1414

KJ Hill needs to take a look at what Dan Enos did with Titus Davis this year.  Davis was a standout wide receiver for CMU and they got him the ball often enough to score 13 times and go for nearly 1,000 yards.  Not to mention the other 3 seasons...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512956/titus-davis

Dominicanhog

Quote from: thehill1414 on January 22, 2015, 10:36:24 am
KJ Hill needs to take a look at what Dan Enos did with Titus Davis this year.  Davis was a standout wide receiver for CMU and they got him the ball often enough to score 13 times and go for nearly 1,000 yards.  Not to mention the other 3 seasons...

what I noticed was, they play up in schedule..... a big 10-12-acc  non con schedule..

Mark_Freeman

My first thoughts upon reading Enos' resume as well. Hope K.J. gets the reassurance he needs. Honestly believe going to Bama would be a waste of at least 2 years and possibly his career, when at Arkansas he would immediately make an impact.

Biggus Piggus

And Davis missed three games. He did all that in 10 games. Arkansas needs a receiver with that kind of playmaking ability.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Yep I hope this hire keeps Hill at home.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 22, 2015, 10:43:57 am
what I noticed was, they play up in schedule..... a big 10-12-acc  non con schedule..

...yes their schedule is brutal
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

TheHAWGfather

Hope I'm wrong, would like to keep as much instate talent on the hill as possible, but I have a gut feeling KJ has gone Urban.

tophawg19

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 23, 2015, 08:57:34 am
And Davis missed three games. He did all that in 10 games. Arkansas needs a receiver with that kind of playmaking ability.
Arkansas has those kind of WR's , just needs the qb to get them the ball on time. if we get the deep routes working , this offense will be tough to stop.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Also in fairness to K.J HILL , look at the QB situation at Arkansas VS OSU . We have 2 Allens , Peavey and Storey . OSU has 3 potential NFL  guys on campus and another on the way. They have a national championship and enough talent to build a couple more . their conference is soft enough to get them there easy . They have the bright lights of the national media and a high powered offense . He has to believe he can go there and play early. What good player doesn't . Our main selling point is we are a team on the rise , doing things the right way . We have early playing time available and he could actually become a Star here . the only downside with the hogs is a WR must become a good blocker as well and some don't like that but if a player wants the NFL he better learn it

Tusks

I don't think KJ will be a hog regardless of the OC.  He has stars in his eyes and wants to see what the rides like.  It it what it is.  I like Singleton just as much as KJ. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

texas tush hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 23, 2015, 09:02:49 am
Yep I hope this hire keeps Hill at home.

Too much bridge building(reparation) with the Hog Nation at this stage I am afraid.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 23, 2015, 12:11:46 pm
Also in fairness to K.J HILL , look at the QB situation at Arkansas VS OSU . We have 2 Allens , Peavey and Storey . OSU has 3 potential NFL  guys on campus and another on the way. They have a national championship and enough talent to build a couple more . their conference is soft enough to get them there easy . They have the bright lights of the national media and a high powered offense . He has to believe he can go there and play early. What good player doesn't . Our main selling point is we are a team on the rise , doing things the right way . We have early playing time available and he could actually become a Star here . the only downside with the hogs is a WR must become a good blocker as well and some don't like that but if a player wants the NFL he better learn it

You couldn't be more wrong on Allen. He was very accurate when not injured...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogfan870

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 23, 2015, 12:11:46 pm

How about this angle?  If not for injuries, nobody would have heard of JT Barrett and Cardale Jones.  You can be that freaking good (what you called 3 potential NFL guys), and unless someone gets injured, no one will even know who you are. 

Hellafied

Braxton Miller will not be a QB in the NFL. JT Barrett has a weak arm. Good college QB like nick Marshall but not NFL talent.

tophawg19

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 23, 2015, 02:17:42 pm
not on the deep balls . he constantly under throws , giving the DB's time to break up passes . that is why we didn't throw more , nobody feared our downfield passing game

hehawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 23, 2015, 02:17:42 pm

As much as I hate to disagree. BA's stats on the year was 56%. No matter how you spin it facts are facts. On a positive note he has been consistently better during his tenure as a hog. I really hope KJ joins the hogs in there steady upward trend. He should compliment the offense nice!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

770john111

BA is going to break through this year confidence  is key plus I don't think I ever seen a team run only one screen play in a season.I believe wide receiver screens will help with the lack of explosive plays

Wooderson

I can assure you if BA raises his completion percentage to above 60% and keeps similar stats he will get a shot at the NFL through a free agent contract.

He can get the job done.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Wooderson on January 24, 2015, 07:41:59 am
I can assure you if BA raises his completion percentage to above 60% and keeps similar stats he will get a shot at the NFL through a free agent contract.

He can get the job done.

BA would need to improve to 80%, throw 30 td's and 2 ints to even sniff a workout. He doesn't have the arm strength for one, but most importantly he's a one read qb in college. He would get killed in practice in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than him to succeed, but he has no future in the NFL.

LRAFBHog

Quote from: thehill1414 on January 22, 2015, 10:36:24 am

How do you know the success doesn't belong to the OC at CMU.  Guess we will find out in September

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LRAFBHog on January 24, 2015, 04:56:13 pm
How do you know the success doesn't belong to the OC at CMU.  Guess we will find out in September

Enos called the plays.

-1 for lack of research.

The Kig

January 25, 2015, 09:48:54 pm #21 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:01:10 pm by The Kig
Quote from: Wooderson on January 24, 2015, 07:41:59 am

He can get the job done.

Wha....? Not going to bash BA (mostly b/c we are under strict orders and this is a Kj thread), but puff-n-pass bro.  Love his heart, but NFL caliber?  Cmon

I just hope that something resonates with Kj that gets him back in the fold.  A brand new OC/system to install is a hard sell vs a team coming off a natty with 3 really good QBs with a downfield passing game. 
Poker Porker

HOGINTENNESSEE

The Kig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 25, 2015, 09:50:57 pm
Even Casey Dick got a Free Agent shot.

OK, agreed.  Maybe I misinterpreted "shot"...
Poker Porker

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 24, 2015, 04:27:34 pm
BA would need to improve to 80%, throw 30 td's and 2 ints to even sniff a workout. He doesn't have the arm strength for one, but most importantly he's a one read qb in college. He would get killed in practice in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more than him to succeed, but he has no future in the NFL.

"One-read QB," ROFL. You guys never stop.
[CENSORED]!