Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video of Enos mic'd up

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 22, 2015, 10:21:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Seems to have a good personality and relate to the kids well.

dhizzle

Loved the "try to get the ball between the uprights" seems like a fun dude.

WizardofhOgZ

. . . and here's another . . .

PorkRinds

I love one of the lines when his QB scrambles for 5 yards and he looks at the defensive coaches and says "Why are they so happy?  He runs a 5.1 forty and you guys are happy he only got 5 yards?  I'll take 2nd and 5".

Calling All Hogs

I can see how this guy has had success recruiting. He has a great personality the players seem to relate to.

ldfergu

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 22, 2015, 10:21:37 am

My favorite part was when he was throwing balls with CMU's QB he said "the problem is that if I keep throwing balls they're gonna get used to an accurate passer"

popcornhog

Quote from: dhizzle on January 22, 2015, 10:24:58 am

Another great line early in the video when he's throwing passes, he says, "The problem is, if I keep throwing to these guys, they're going to get used to an accurate ball."
WPS

Nosboar Accubond

I like his personality - time will tell on the play calling & coaching but I think his history says he knows what he is doing.

Dominicanhog

I think this staff is ALL on the SAME PAGE .... results will be determined on the field...

Pig in the Pokey

Link >  plugin to us Linux guys
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 22, 2015, 10:37:32 am
My favorite part was when he was throwing balls with CMU's QB he said "the problem is that if I keep throwing balls they're gonna get used to an accurate passer"

That one was classic!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Hilarious when he said "Everybody blitzes they can't block twelve".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

That's great.  These are things that are nice to see, he's out there having fun and making sure they players are enjoying practice.  He's made it this far, so we know he can coach at a high level. 

GrizzlyRider07

After watching these I think I'm going to like this guy, personality wise at least. He seems to interact with the players very well and everyone seems to like him alot. Hopefully he can call some great plays for us while also developing our QBs to ve even better.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Virgil

I'm excited.  Seems like a great guy.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

davispard

I'll bet $100 right now, that thru all that joking around, there lies a coach that you DON'T want to get mad at you!!!  Just a hunch...

#1 STUNNA

Time to get him on a plane to North Little Rock!!!

OldCoot

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 22, 2015, 10:21:37 am

I can tell that he coached under John L., and that is not a cut down.  John L. was funny and likable in most instances. 

XX

Dudes a smart ass with style...I like him.  ;D

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Calling All Hogs

I can also see his personality fitting in well with high school coaches.

Sportster365

This guy has had a lot of experience as a QB coach. Looks like Coach Bielema was zeroed in on finding a guy who could ready his QBs more so than a play caller.

It appears as his offensive philosophy seems to be more inline with Bielema's and predicates the run game. Which I find as a little ironic for a guy who's coached QBs at so many different places. Those guys tend to be more pass heavy.

None of the numbers I've seen so far from any of his CMU QBs has really impressed. As for his recruiting, I'm still on the fence. He seems to have a lot of ties to the mid-west so we will see what sort of effect coaching in the SEC will have on that phase of the job.

Overall grade for now C+, for his attention to getting someone with experience at working with young QBs.

Tim Harris

I wish our athletic department released more of these type of videos.

jackflash

The thing I like about these two hires. Is at least the played the position their coaching.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Wildhog

"The problem is if I keep throwing to these guys, they're going to be used to an accurate ball."

LUL
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Dropkick

WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?

EAT IT EVERYDAY!!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Love the fun personality. He told his running back they were gonna run a lot of qb run plays so he could be a lead blocker. lol

younghog

Quote from: dhizzle on January 22, 2015, 10:24:58 am

YEP..

Not better than.. "The problem is.. If I keep throwing to these guys.. there going to get used to an accurate ball.' ~ CLASSIC
GO HOGS

Danny J

I LOVE this guys personality!!! LOVE IT!!! I bet that translates well to recruiting.

Carl Lazlo

Speaking on just the standpoint of coaching, seems like he understands all aspects of it.  Which would be expected of a former head guy.  Should be an excellent fit.  Already pumped to see how he showcases the talent. It's a team game but hopeful he has the foresight to find the right plays that best suits each players abilities.

Professor Psychosis

Likeable personality.  Isn't fat.  Glasses and visor for the "smart guy OC look."  Makes for good contrast standing next to Bielema.

Great hire.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 22, 2015, 01:30:08 pm
Likeable personality.  Isn't fat.  Glasses and visor for the "smart guy OC look."  Makes for good contrast standing next to Bielema.

And Chaney, for that matter.

;)

supersaint

He says funny stuff that I like to hear.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

jb11

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 22, 2015, 10:27:04 am
. . . and here's another . . .

Looks like we will do screens. He through one to his QB in the video. :P

greenie

Just seems like a guy that would be a lot harder to trap in an elevator.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OldCoot on January 22, 2015, 11:23:26 am
I can tell that he coached under John L., and that is not a cut down.  John L. was funny and likable in most instances.

Remember the last offensive mind we had that worked under Johnelle?  Great offensive mind

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 12:23:33 pm
"The problem is if I keep throwing to these guys, they're going to be used to an accurate ball."

LUL
Haha. Think there was a message there. Look forward to spring game. Seems cool.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hollywood hog

He's got the most important part down already....  Wear a visor

DeltaBoy

He is a great coach, He got the Do Right rules speech down pat.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jek Tono Porkins

I'm not going to say he is a home run hire, as I will wait to see what happens on the field before I make that determination, but I think he's a good hire. I think he and coach b have similar visions for what they want the offense to look like. It seems to me that Chaney, a spread guy, was brought in to complement bielema's famous running attack. They were gonna put 2 and 2 together and come up with a balanced offense. Clearly, they just ended up butting heads.
I think this hire will work out for the best. Eons and coach b seem to be on the same page. Bielema and Paul chryst were on the same page for 6 years. That turned out ok.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 22, 2015, 09:15:06 pm
I'm not going to say he is a home run hire, as I will wait to see what happens on the field before I make that determination, but I think he's a good hire. I think he and coach b have similar visions for what they want the offense to look like. It seems to me that Chaney, a spread guy, was brought in to complement bielema's famous running attack. They were gonna put 2 and 2 together and come up with a balanced offense. Clearly, they just ended up butting heads.
I think this hire will work out for the best. Eons and coach b seem to be on the same page. Bielema and Paul chryst were on the same page for 6 years. That turned out ok.

That's not really all that true.  Chaney USED to be a spread guy until he went to the NFL, where he morphed his game into a pro-style offense.  Chaney was a pro-style guy, I just think he leaned on the passing game too much for BB's style.  Meaning when it was crunch time, Chaney wanted to pass and CBB wanted to run. 

Sportster365

Lets just be completely honest about this hire, coaches Brian Kelly and Butch Jones had the CMU football program rolling in the right direction. As soon as coach Enos took the helms it immediately began to screech to an erupting halt. I'm sorry I find this hire to be highly questionable right now. Although I really hope he works out and he does a tremendous job here, I'm yet to find any indications of that happening here for him after viewing some of his past stops.

Wildhog

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:37:22 am
Lets just be completely honest about this hire, coaches Brian Kelly and Butch Jones had the CMU football program rolling in the right direction. As soon as coach Enos took the helms it immediately began to screech to an erupting halt. I'm sorry I find this hire to be highly questionable right now. Although I really hope he works out and he does a tremendous job here, I'm yet to find any indications of that happening here for him after viewing some of his past stops.

That's because he changed them from a spread team to a pro-style team, and they took a lot of lumps those first two years.  Sound familiar?  They've gone bowling two out of the last three years, though, so he had them going in the right direction.

Besides, we didn't hire him to be our head coach.  Let him focus solely on the offense and I think he'll do a great job.
1909/1964/1965/1977

earshot

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 23, 2015, 08:37:22 am
Lets just be completely honest about this hire, coaches Brian Kelly and Butch Jones had the CMU football program rolling in the right direction. As soon as coach Enos took the helms it immediately began to screech to an erupting halt.

By that analogy, Boom is a horrible hire for Awburn. Meyer had Florida rolling until Boom came around.

Sportster365

Quote from: Wildhog on January 23, 2015, 08:41:06 am
That's because he changed them from a spread team to a pro-style team, and they took a lot of lumps those first two years.  Sound familiar?  They've gone bowling two out of the last three years, though, so he had them going in the right direction.

Besides, we didn't hire him to be our head coach.  Let him focus solely on the offense and I think he'll do a great job.

Nice try, but not true, he took over for Jones and Butch Jones runs a pro-style offense. Besides he was there for half a decade and never finished better than 7-6

PigTimePlayer

Great personality, should do great in recruiting . . . and dude is a QUARTERBACK through and through. He should elevate all of our QBs dramatically, probably will be some of the best QB coaching we've had in a while.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Pigasaurus

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 08:23:10 am
That's not really all that true.  Chaney USED to be a spread guy until he went to the NFL, where he morphed his game into a pro-style offense.  Chaney was a pro-style guy, I just think he leaned on the passing game too much for BB's style.  Meaning when it was crunch time, Chaney wanted to pass and CBB wanted to run. 

And some of the off the wall plays that busted at critical points of the game.  Some head scratchers.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Sportster365

Quote from: earshot on January 23, 2015, 08:51:16 am
By that analogy, Boom is a horrible hire for Awburn. Meyer had Florida rolling until Boom came around.

"Boom" has proven to be a defensive wiz and it's shown on the field. From Auburn - Texas - Florida - his defenses have been nothing less than stout. His ability to be a HC, well the verdict is still out on that one.