Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Hockey Moves to Div I

Started by Vildsvin, January 22, 2015, 03:40:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vildsvin

The Razorbacks club team is making the move to the Division I club level next season which means they'll be just one step away from becoming a NCAA team.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/01/21/arkansas-hockey-making-move-to-division-i/

This is absolutely huge for Hog Hockey. Arkansas has been blowing out the SECHC for quite a while.. they have also been regularly picking off Div I and II opponents for the past few years.

For those of you that dont know, here is Arkansas' website. Our team still needs a lot more support to get where we need to be, but we are taking a huge step forward next season!

http://arkansas.sechchockey.com/

ATLHog

AWESOME- Mods will soon have to add Monday Morning Hat Trick forum  :D
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Ragnar Hogbrok

For the first time we'll be discussing icing and game misconducts.

I like it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

jkstock04

This is pretty cool...I may have to go watch them. I went to my first hockey game about a week ago, it's now my 2nd favorite sport to watch I've decided. I absolutely love it.

It's ruthless, unsportsmanlike, don't give a damn about opponent attitude is unlike anything I have ever seen in any other sport. Still puzzles though me why the coaches do zero coaching during the game. They literally stand there and say nothing to players or refs the entire game. I was told this is part of the culture.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Smolder

Curiosity, since we move up in divisions, do we still play SEC teams that are in the lower divisions?

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Dwight_K_Shrute

Take title IX out of the equation for a minute.  Could you imagine what SEC hockey would be like if the schools attacked it with even half the vigor of football?  I'm not a hockey fan but I have always thought SEC Hockey at the D1 level would just be crazy entertaining because of the rivalries and physicality.  You never know maybe the SEC Network will push for it one day due to the need for content. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Smolder on January 22, 2015, 08:46:29 am
Curiosity, since we move up in divisions, do we still play SEC teams that are in the lower divisions?

I read in an article that we can play the SEC teams.  It would be like having a varsity team which would be D1(club) and JV to play the SEC teams.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Smolder

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 22, 2015, 09:22:30 am
I read in an article that we can play the SEC teams.  It would be like having a varsity team which would be D1(club) and JV to play the SEC teams.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting. Thanks.

Grizzlyfan

What level of NCAA hockey would they play with the first move into the NCAA?

Boardon Hamsay

If we ever get to the point where BWA has a Hog logoed rink, I'll be full chubbed for weeks.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Dominicanhog

I've enjoyed their success for a couple years now.. they've put some nice teams on the ice.. will be a nice step up.. there are some great hockey schools to play D1 club, even without a conference affiliation.... it's a long term growth sport in the South, it's Big everywhere else..

josh_sec33

I still want to buyone of those Razorback hockey jerseys.

I'm telling you. it's a missed line of fundraising for that team!

Or if they are for sale, then I am a fool for missing it.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

TomasPistola

Quote from: ATLHog on January 22, 2015, 06:08:53 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

First thread - Fire Coach _________!
Second Thread - This team cannot win on the road!
Third Thread - Here to eat my crow...
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ICEman

Quote from: ATLHog on January 22, 2015, 06:08:53 am
... or Five for Fighting.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ICEman on January 23, 2015, 06:06:15 am
... or Five for Fighting.

One of the co-captains last name is Machos.  How great is that?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

mizzouman

Great.  Love hockey.  Might interfere with Title IX crap.  Need to have women's hockey as well.

Peter Porker

Would much rather have wrestling. We actually wrestle in Arkansas High Schools, though you wouldn't lnow with media coverage.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

TheGunther

A couple of years ago the UofA Hockey club helped shuttle runners during the Pig-eye Marathon. The majority of them were from other states, but very humbled by the support they were receiving. A very deserving group of men.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

lstewart

They are a very well organized, managed, and funded club sport at the U of A. There may not be a lot of NCAA varsity programs in this region of the country, so hockey kids will come to the U of A to play for the club sport program. They do a great job, and you certainly would not know they are not a regular NCAA sport based upon a review of their program, roster, or coaches. From the UA Club Sport website, there are 30 sports listed, ranging from ballroom dancing to cricket. It really is pure sports, as the kids have to pay to be on the team. The hockey team lists a $2,775 annual dues fee per year to cover their costs. It's much like the traveling baseball or soccer teams kids play on growing up, that are very organized and competitive, but are expensive for parents. I think some of these club sports are fairly low key, like basic intramurals, up the to the seriously competitive level of the hockey team. That said, all this probably does not mean the UA is about to add a varsity men's hockey program. Certainly the base is in place that it could be done, but as others have mentioned, title IX and funding would have a huge impact. A new women's sport with at least as many scholarships would need to be added as well, and it would need to be a SEC decision to add men's hockey as a varsity sport. It would be fun and interesting, but my guess is this program will continue to grow and be successful in the club sport arena.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mizzouman

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 23, 2015, 07:45:31 am
Would much rather have wrestling. We actually wrestle in Arkansas High Schools, though you wouldn't lnow with media coverage.
SEC definitely needs wrestling.  Mizzou is the only team and we have to compete in the MAC. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: mizzouman on January 23, 2015, 09:01:34 am
SEC definitely needs wrestling.  Mizzou is the only team and we have to compete in the MAC. 

Beach volleyball

mizzouman

mhsbc59

i have been wanting a hog hockey sweater for years now they had a really sweet looking one a few years back and i can never find any gear to buy. UA hockey team i want to give you my money for a sweater hook me up please!
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

BroyledNutts

Hogfaniam

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"