Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry Jones Gift totaled $10.65M

Started by ricepig, January 21, 2015, 10:36:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

dhizzle

So what are they adding to the new Fred W. Smith locker rooms? A fountain maybe.

ricepig

Quote from: dhizzle on January 21, 2015, 10:51:43 am
So what are they adding to the new Fred W. Smith locker rooms? A fountain maybe.

A name.......

Vantage 8 dude

HogCard

Hawgndaaz

is it possible to be a fan of Jerry Jones, Arkansas alumni, but not like Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner?

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 21, 2015, 10:58:30 am
is it possible to be a fan of Jerry Jones, Arkansas alumni, but not like Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner?

Looks like 10,650,000 ways.......now, if we can get Arvest Bank to lend us $100m on that land to do the North End zone project.........

Hog Fan...DOH!

So does that gift include the land?  Or on top of the land?

LRHawg

Razorback_Mack

As long as he keeps contributing to the program.......go cowboys. I don't see how any true razorback fan wouldn't pull for the boys. I guess people in NWA like the chiefs because of the close proximity. But I always find it odd that so many random people in Arkansas are Niners, Steelers, Packers fans etc. even though they've never been to said cities and have no relevant connection. Puzzles me.

If the cowboys start racking off Super Bowls jerry could donate more to our program. Same can't be said for other random franchises that are thousands of miles away.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 21, 2015, 11:09:53 am
It sounds like it is on top of the land.  The land was purchased for a little over $7 million. 

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 21, 2015, 11:09:53 am

The Jones' gift is a combination of cash to be paid over a five-year period and land donated to the Razorback Foundation, Inc. The Razorback Foundation, a separate and self-supporting nonprofit 501(c)(3) entity, serves as the fundraising arm of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2015, 11:12:28 am
The Jones' gift is a combination of cash to be paid over a five-year period and land donated to the Razorback Foundation, Inc. The Razorback Foundation, a separate and self-supporting nonprofit 501(c)(3) entity, serves as the fundraising arm of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department.

It's not the reading comprehension that got me... it was the actual reading itself.  Thanks.

Inhogswetrust

We are very fortunate to have such loyal alums across the country. Thanks to Jerry and to others for all you have done to promote and help the Razorbacks both athletically and academically.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GTOWNHOG

The gift will help support:

The soon to be completed Student-Athlete Success Center
A Wild Band of Razorbacks monument to establish a permanent tribute to the Razorbacks' 1964 national championship football team
The football team locker room at the Fred W. Smith Football Center
The entrance lobby of the Student-Athlete Success Center

In recognition of the Jones' gift, a recommendation has been made to the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees to name the new facility the Jerry and Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center. The Board will consider the resolution during its regularly scheduled meetings today and tomorrow in Little Rock.

Other recognitions of the gift include the Wild Band of Razorbacks monument made possible by Jerry Jones. The football locker room at the Fred W. Smith Football Center will be named the Jerry and Stephen Jones Locker Room, while the entrance lobby of the proposed Jerry and Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center will be named in honor of Mr. and Mrs. John Chambers, Gene Jones' parents.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

FBREW000

only during bad seasons.... :)

Sivad

Thank you Jerry Jones and family!
You are a great Razorback Player Alumni, public fan and generous supporter.

grayhawg

HogsArePeopleToo

"No immediate plans for the use of the land"

Hogfaniam

Jerrah and Mrs. 'Gene have had a very good financial year (and decades).  Looks like accounting has been busy.  Thank goodness he loves him some Hogs.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

thehill1414

Very generous and awesome news, thank you JJ!

twistitup

Thanks JJ

We needed a new recruiting headquarters  and why not throw in the official Dallas Cowboy offseason facility
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

trippigs

Outstanding...pure generosity driven

hobhog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog1952

Thanks Jerry and the Jones family....always a Razorback.

Justifiable Hogicide

Many Thanks to Jerry Jones and his family.
Razorbacks everywhere appreciate all that you have done and continue to do in support of our Hogs.

rusvegashog

Atta Boy JJ. For the Hawgs about to rock we salute you.

HognVA

Hate to say it....Now I gotta be a Cowboy fan.

ICEman

... .65 million, aha, I get the reference!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hawgzinbowlz

Thank you Mr. Jones, and glad you're A Hog.

" GO HOGS "

Cubbie08

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 21, 2015, 11:11:38 am
As long as he keeps contributing to the program.......go cowboys. I don't see how any true razorback fan wouldn't pull for the boys. I guess people in NWA like the chiefs because of the close proximity. But I always find it odd that so many random people in Arkansas are Niners, Steelers, Packers fans etc. even though they've never been to said cities and have no relevant connection. Puzzles me.

If the cowboys start racking off Super Bowls jerry could donate more to our program. Same can't be said for other random franchises that are thousands of miles away.

I'm from NWA and am a Dolphins fan. What's wrong with that?

clew

thanks for doing what so many of us wish we could do for our alma mater.
Pure as the dawn

ADavisTheGOAT

How much was that stadium expansion gonna cost again?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jboro-hog

Thank you Mr.Jones for all you have done for the U of A especially your part on that  64 team. WPS GO HOGS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 21, 2015, 08:18:52 pm
How much was that stadium expansion gonna cost again?

"The expansion would cost between $78 and $95 million, according to 2011 figures, and would add several luxury suites and club seats to the 72,000-seat venue."

sooeey pig pig pig

This Dog Park is going to be SAH-WEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Westcoasthog

A great tribute to Jerry Jones and his family. 

DLUXHOG

Jerry, you honor Hogs everywhere with your generosity!   We appreciate your support of our Razorbacks!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WorfHog

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on January 21, 2015, 09:05:07 pm
This Dog Park is going to be SAH-WEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

My secret source says it's going to be a Hog Park so locals with porcine companions will have a place to socialize.

The Marmot

Yes.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 21, 2015, 11:11:38 am
I don't see how any true razorback fan wouldn't pull for the boys.

Its very easy.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

1 hog n eldo

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 21, 2015, 08:50:30 pm
"The expansion would cost between $78 and $95 million, according to 2011 figures, and would add several luxury suites and club seats to the 72,000-seat venue."
Wow! That boggles my mind. $95 million for an end zone. If it ever gets done we will have one heck of a nice football stadium. Can you say no more games in war memorial!

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Hogfaniam

Quote from: 1 hog n eldo on January 22, 2015, 05:49:11 pm
Wow! That boggles my mind. $95 million for an end zone. If it ever gets done we will have one heck of a nice football stadium. Can you say no more games in war memorial!

It's more involved than just seats. 

"New, smaller video boards would be added in the south end zone as well as other updating and renovations throughout the stadium -- including a new underground parking deck to the north of the stadium."