Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank You, Jerry Jones...

Started by moses_007, September 26, 2017, 04:24:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

... For taking a stand against anyone on the Cowboys' team who kneels during our National Anthem.  I really respect Jerry for taking this stand.  This is what all pro sports teams' owners should do.

Roaringboar

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 04:24:58 pm
... For taking a stand against anyone on the Cowboys' team who kneels during our National Anthem.  I really respect Jerry for taking this stand.  This is what all pro sports teams' owners should do.

NO, NO, NO.....He knelt before the anthem yesterday, all of them taking a knee in unity. Then they stood arm in arm during the anthem, not hand over their heart, and he was in the middle. He's no different than every one of those jerks. Just because he's from U of A doesn't make him some saint. He was all talk a year ago, now he's just part of the in crowd.
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

moses_007

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 26, 2017, 04:30:33 pm
NO, NO, NO.....He knelt before the anthem yesterday, all of them taking a knee in unity. Then they stood arm in arm during the anthem, not hand over their heart, and he was in the middle. He's no different than every one of those jerks. Just because he's from U of A doesn't make him some saint. He was all talk a year ago, now he's just part of the in crowd.
I think their kneel yesterday BEFORE the anthem was a sign of unity... then they all stood for the anthem.  I think they were making it clear that all the players were together on this............

moses_007

Next thing will be college players sitting or kneeling during the National Anthem.  I wonder if any SEC players have done it yet.

Cleve Dean

moses_007

johnny cash

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 04:35:00 pm
Next thing will be college players sitting or kneeling during the National Anthem.  I wonder if any SEC players have done it yet.
arkansas women's basketball for 1.

gchamblee

Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.
Aug 20th, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.
Aug 26th, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with a level of vitriol unseen against an athlete. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag that didn't treat people of color fairly.
Then on on Aug 30th, 2016 Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.
Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...
He listened.
In his letter Mr. Boyer writes:
"I'm not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It's your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I've never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you've gone through is as ignorant as someone who's never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it's like to go to war.
Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, I'm trying to listen to what you're saying and why you're doing it."
Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and it's just not helping anyone or anything. So I'm just going to keep listening, with an open mind. I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."
Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated. Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90 minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.
But why kneel? In a military funeral, after the flag is taken off the casket of the fallen military member, it is smartly folded 13 times and then presented to the parents, spouse or child of the fallen member by a fellow service member while KNEELING.
The two decided that kneeling for the flag would symbolize his reverence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice while still allowing Colin to peacefully protest the injustices he saw.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: johnny cash on September 26, 2017, 04:48:10 pm
arkansas women's basketball for 1.

That was a sad day.  But the avalanche of disgust from the season ticket holders put an immediate end to that crap.  There were some transfers as a result, I think, but good riddance. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Razorbackers

It is amazing how many people will go for obviously fake news when it fits their world view.

go hogues

They don't run out until after it's played.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should take a knee during the next Hog Call?  ;)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

rhames

Quote from: go hogues on September 26, 2017, 04:54:50 pm
They don't run out until after it's played.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should take a knee during the next Hog Call?  ;)

Now that is probably the post of the day
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 26, 2017, 04:54:49 pm
It is amazing how many people will go for obviously fake news when it fits their world view.

Yeap

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

RazorPiggie

Considering we play the Anthem before the players run out, so you'll never know the answer.

moses_007

Colin Kaepernick was the instigator of all this.  I think it's great that no NFL team wants him... no one wants to hire a troublemaker.

3Scoreand10

I stopped watching pro football 20 years ago when they started paying these players millions of dollars a year.
Like everything else today, it's all about the money.
Stop the big pay checks and this foolishness will stop.

moses_007

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on September 26, 2017, 05:02:10 pm
I stopped watching pro football 20 years ago when they started paying these players millions of dollars a year.
Like everything else today, it's all about the money.
Stop the big pay checks and this foolishness will stop.

The NFL needs to take action to stop this.  A $100K fine per occurrence would stop it.  Ten kneels would cost a player $1 million.

longtimeHogfan

As much as I'd admire and respect Jerry Jones or any owner/coach/official saying what is purported above....it's not true.  I've seen the same thing attributed to other owners making the rounds of the internet and they're simply untrue.   

Go to Snopes.com:    http://www.snopes.com/?s=Jerry+Jones  to read the truth.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

rhames

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:00:46 pm
Colin Kaepernick was the instigator of all this.  I think it's great that no NFL team wants him... no one wants to hire a troublemaker.

Colin Kapernick had nothing to do with this past Sunday. It was somebody who has a job. The highest one.

daprospecta

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 26, 2017, 04:30:33 pm
You just want to keep the narrative going to avoid the issue the players are fighting for.  First, it was protest silently, next, it was don't protest during the national anthem, now?????? 

3Scoreand10

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:05:09 pm
The NFL needs to take action to stop this.  A $100K fine per occurrence would stop it.  Ten kneels would cost a player $1 million.

Well, you and I know that will never happen.
When the fans walk away there will be no money to pay these spoiled brats.

daprospecta

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:00:46 pm
Troublemaker? I could go into great lengths of his contributions to the impoverished of not only with his money but with his time but it would take too long.  You may not like the fact he protested during the anthem, you have that right sir.  He is more than the kneel but his philanthropy  is rarely brought up because the media wants to paint a picture of a bad guy and so many of you are failing for it hook, line, and sinker.

3Scoreand10

I respect the right of these players to fight to correct what they see as injustice.
But there is a time and place for this.
Why not spend those millions they make to help correct the injustice and less on cars, houses, boats, clothes, etc.

moses_007

Now the President of the United States is tweeting about this.  I think a lot of the protests Sunday were protesting him.

rhames

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on September 26, 2017, 05:15:15 pm
I respect the right of these players to fight to correct what they see as injustice.
But there is a time and place for this.
Why not spend those millions they make to help correct the injustice and less on cars, houses, boats, clothes, etc.

To be fair some are.

Again ,  this weeks was more about what Trump said on Thursday. Agree or disagree with the kneelers is the right to anyone. But what Trump did was give them more of a reason to show unity.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: daprospecta on September 26, 2017, 05:13:59 pm
Troublemaker? I could go into great lengths of his contributions to the impoverished of not only with his money but with his time but it would take too long.  You may not like the fact he protested during the anthem, you have that right sir.  He is more than the kneel but his philanthropy  is rarely brought up because the media wants to paint a picture of a bad guy and so many of you are failing for it hook, line, and sinker.

Well, maybe...but it doesn't help him any that he's only a slightly better than average QB. 

rhames

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:16:22 pm
Now the President of the United States is tweeting about this.  I think a lot of the protests Sunday were protesting him.

YA THINK.

calling them SOBs that should be fired I'm sure set well with all of them

3Scoreand10

Quote from: moses_007 on September 26, 2017, 05:16:22 pm

I agree with that.
And it ain't gonna get any better.
He is what he is.

3Scoreand10

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 05:17:28 pm

To be fair some are.

Again ,  this weeks was more about what Trump said on Thursday. Agree or disagree with the kneelers is the right to anyone. But what Trump did was give them more of a reason to show unity.

Yes, some do.
BUT, most do not.

rhames

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on September 26, 2017, 05:22:26 pm
Yes, some do.
BUT, most do not.

Do you have a statistical break down on that or is that an assumption? Just curious.

moses_007

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 05:18:06 pm

YA THINK.

calling them SOBs that should be fired I'm sure set well with all of them
I guess I missed his tweet calling them SOB's.

rhames

3Scoreand10

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 05:23:19 pm

Do you have a statistical break down on that or is that an assumption? Just curious.

This whole forum is about assumptions. ;D
So yea, more assumption than known facts.

rhames

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on September 26, 2017, 05:28:41 pm
This whole forum is about assumptions. ;D
So yea, more assumption than known facts.

I don't feel like I've been assuming anything. I try not to when it comes to this stuff.

hogcard1964

Jones looked and acted like a fool. He's a complete hypocrite.  Him and his team were also rightfully booed.

3Scoreand10

Quote from: rhames on September 26, 2017, 05:29:35 pm

I don't feel like I've been assuming anything. I try not to when it comes to this stuff.

So give us our facts that prove that most of these over paid players are not spending most of their money on foolishness instead of helping their brothers in need.
As I have said before, I respect their right to protest, but let me see them spend their money helping their fellow man.
Pro athletes probably waste enough money every year on foolishness to send every, or at least 1000s of minority kids in this country to collage.
Another assumption on my part.  But ----

McKdaddy

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 26, 2017, 04:54:49 pm
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin