Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have a roster full of 2 and 3 star guys

Started by twistitup, February 09, 2018, 08:47:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LA Football fan

Quote from: code red on February 09, 2018, 11:22:07 am
Folks.  We are going to go through growing pains.  Plain and simple.  We won't be 4-8.  But we will be in the bottom half of the West.  The defense will have to learn a new scheme.  The defense will have to play A LOT of minutes.  I hope I am wrong but 7-5 tops.

I actually think we  will do better than most think.  Today's game is engineered to give the offense every advantage available.  Pretty much legalized holding everywhere, can't target receivers, can't target qbs, etc.  We are  finally going to run the type offense that takes the  most advantage of the current rules of the game.   Ole Miss beat Bama because of a wide open offense and having a defense good enough to hold  them off.  You have  to play teams that have more talent on the field in space giving your guys a chance to use scheme to offset that talent advantage.

4.4 is the same whether you are rated 5 star or 2 star.  Where Bama beats up on people is  having the edge on the defensive line and linebackers.   CBB was never going to overcome that advantage with his system.  CCM may not either but  at least his offense puts his skill  players out in space and can level the playing  field so to speak by putting his 4.4 WR's one on one with Bama's 4.4 dbs.   That scenario is much more favorable to us than trying to run headlong into superior talent all day.  This principle holds true against LSU, Auburn, Georgia, etc.  You also spread out Bama's or any other SEC teams defense to try and create better running lanes for your oline to create or take advantage of. 

The key is going to be how well our  defense can slow down or stop other  SEC offenses and give ours a  chance to outscore them.  As others have pointed out, we are normally going to be playing  against higher rated players and that isn't changing any time soon.   Petrino proved that we COULD outperform the recruiting rankings if we can take advantage of a high powered offensive system and have a defense good enough to be serviceable.

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:43:11 am
no, it isnt. the majority of it is Three and FOUR stars.

Do you people even follow recruiting?

post the f'ink roster big guy - do some research.

We have 16 4* and 1 -2 5*

The rest HAVE to be 2-3*
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LA Football fan

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 11:48:30 am

The rest HAVE to be 2-3*

Did you even THINK about what he is saying.  If you have more 4 stars on the roster vs 2 stars then it is logical MATHEMATICALLY that your 3 and 4 stars will be higher in number than your 3 and 2 stars, thus your team being comprised with more 3 and 4 stars than 2 and 3 stars.  Really not that complicated.

twistitup

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 11:42:06 am
dumbest post ive ever seen. NAME the 2* guys. Go ahead, Im waiting.

IN ACTUALITY, we have the #21 most talented roster per 247sports.

Name the 2* recruits that went to Arkansas that made it to the NFL?

Easy.

According to 247Sports, the following guys were 2*: Nate Garner, Jamaal Anderson, Johnathan Luigs, Ray Dominguez, Zach Hocker, Javontee Herndon, Drew Morgan. Those are just the ones I found in one quick look-thru. I'm sure there are more.

Still waiting?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 11:48:30 am

The rest HAVE to be 2-3*
I'm with Pokey on this one. I can't remember the last 2* we signed. I don't believe there are any on campus, but also I don't care because the stars don't mean nuh'n.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 12:17:00 pm
Name the 2* recruits that went to Arkansas that made it to the NFL?

Easy.

According to 247Sports, the following guys were 2*: Nate Garner, Jamaal Anderson, Johnathan Luigs, Ray Dominguez, Zach Hocker, Javontee Herndon, Drew Morgan. Those are just the ones I found in one quick look-thru. I'm sure there are more.

Still waiting?
I'm kinda waiting for y'all to point out someone that's on campus...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

twistitup

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 09, 2018, 12:03:30 pm
Did you even THINK about what he is saying.  If you have more 4 stars on the roster vs 2 stars then it is logical MATHEMATICALLY that your 3 and 4 stars will be higher in number than your 3 and 2 stars, thus your team being comprised with more 3 and 4 stars than 2 and 3 stars.  Really not that complicated.

We haven't seen the roster yet...none of what you type can be proven. Post the roster.

hogsanity

Here, I will make it easy, the Hogs do not have as much talent as Bama, Aub, Lsu or A&M in the secw and not as much as GA, Fl and maybe TN from the sece.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:55:33 am
Yea cause the teams playing for titles in the p5 leagues or in the college fb playoffs are usually teams that do not rank highly in recruiting.
Chicken vs egg dude...

RME

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:22:14 pm
I'm kinda waiting for y'all to point out someone that's on campus...

You want me to point out a 2* that's on campus now and has also made it to the NFL? Because that was the gist of my reply to Pokey.

If this is veiled sarcasm, sorry I missed it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 10:55:16 am
Here.... I'll help you out:

These are the 2 stars on our team:

Hayden Henry (blueshirt - scholarship)
Blake Kern (walk-on)
Tyler Hall (walk-on)
Gabe Richardson (scholarship)
Audry Horn (walk-on)
Ty Clary (blueshirt - scholarship)
Tobias Enlow (walk-on)
Tyson Morris (walk-on)

The majority are walk-ons.

We only have two or three players who are unrated that are on scholarship:

T.J. Smith
Johnny Gibson
Connor Limpert (I think he is on scholarship - might not be)

ADD:  It's hard to believe that Gibson was unrated while Raulerson was a 4 star.

I didn't see this on page 1... So other than walk-on's we have 3... Yeah and those are questionable rankings, even among rankings that of themselves questionable...

AGAIN. Star's don't mean darn EXCEPT as a topic of conversation.

twistitup

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:29:50 pm
I didn't see this on page 1... So other than walk-on's we have 3... Yeah and those are questionable rankings, even among rankings that of themselves questionable...

AGAIN. Star's don't mean darn EXCEPT as a topic of conversation.

NCAA allows 105 players to be on the roster.

We have 1 5*  player (listed previously)
            16- 4* players (listed previously)
approx 25- 3* players (listed previously)

FACTCHECKER Says we have - 11 2* or lower on the roster....something is wrong with the math here fellas

The roster can have 105 players ...that's 53 so far

85 players players on the roster can receive some type of athletically based aid...we haven't even hit that number.

factchecker

February 09, 2018, 01:16:00 pm #63 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:31:32 pm by factchecker
Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 12:51:37 pm
NCAA allows 105 players to be on the roster.

We have 1 5*  player (listed previously)
            16- 4* players (listed previously)
approx 25- 3* players (listed previously)

FACTCHECKER Says we have - 11 2* or lower on the roster....something is wrong with the math here fellas

The roster can have 105 players ...that's 53 so far

85 players players on the roster can receive some type of athletically based aid...we haven't even hit that number.

Your math is god awful.

Here is the roster breakdown of players on scholarship

5 star:
1. McTelvin Agim (5 star)

4 stars:

2. Brian Wallace
3. Devwah Whaley
4. Chevin Calloway
5. Hjalte Froholdt
6. Montaric Brown
7. Cheyenne O'Grady
8. Will Gragg
9. Jamario Bell
10. Austin Capps
11. T.J. Hammonds
12. Jalen Merrick
13. Ty Storey
14. Brandon Martin
15. Jeremy Patton
16. Briston Guidry

3 stars

17. Chase Hayden
18. Daulton Hyatt
19. Koilan Jackson
20. Jordan Jones
21. Austin Cantrell
22. Colton Jackson
23. La'Michael Pettway
24. Kamren Curl
25. Nate Dalton
26. Dalton Wagner
27. Maleek Barkley
28. Jonathan Marshall
29. Kofi Boateng
30. Jarrod Barnes
31. Alexy Jean-Baptiste
32. De'Jon Harris
33. Deon Stewart
34. Armon Watts
35. Kirby Adcock
36. Kyrei Fisher
37. Dre Greenlaw
38. Shane Clenin
39. Maleek Williams
40. Giovanni LaFrance
41. Jarques McClellion
42. Deon Edwards
43. Cole Kelley
44. Santos Ramirez
45. De'Vion Warren
46. Michael Taylor II
47. Derrick Munson
48. David Porter
49. Jared Cornelius
50. Jack Kraus
51. Jordon Curtis
52. Kendrick Jackson
53. Hayden Johnson
54. Jake Hall
55. Korey Hernandez
56. Britto Tutt
57. Josh Liddell
58. Deion Malone
59. Josh Paul
60. Ryan Pulley
61. Grayson Gunter
62. Dee Walker
63. Jonathan Nance
64. Dylan Hays
65. Randy Ramsey
66. Blake Johnson
67. Micahh Smith

2 star or unrated

68. Hayden Henry
69. Gabe Richardson
70. Ty Clary
71. T.J. Smith
72. Johnny Gibson
73. Connor Limpert (I think he is on scholarship - might not be)

PLUS the recruits we just signed:

4 star additions (according to 247):

74. Bumper Pool
75. Connor Noland

3 star additions (according to 247):

76. Michael Woods
77. Isaiah Nichols
78. Myles Mason
79. Billy Ferrell
80. Ladarrius Bishop
81. Joseph Foucha
82. Courtre Alexander
83. Nick Fulwider
84. Noah Gatlin
85. Rakeem Boyd
86. Ryan Winkel
87. Andrew Parker
88. John Stephen Jones
89. Silas Robinson

That's 89 scholarship players which puts us over the limit.

Plus all the walk-ons.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

The walkons ARE part if the 105 man roster...

Looks like our 2* listed plus walkons not listed is more than the 16 4* guys we currently have

Factcheck - on the 2* guys...one post lists 8 the other 6

hogsanity

The roster looks like about 90% of all p5 schools, so why does that make some people so defensive. It is not like people are saying the roster is crap, just that it, for a p5 school, is average. The biggest issue, as pointed out, of the teams that are above average many are in the same conference as the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

secfan30

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 11:13:38 am
Right. Because the guys coaching at Alabama have nothing to do with it. Not like those recruits play for the greatest college football coach ever or anything. The players just develop themselves and coach themselves.

Way to deflect factchecker's point and bring out Alabama.

The series was tied overall prior to Saban wasn't it?

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 12:22:53 pm
Here, I will make it easy, the Hogs do not have as much talent as Bama, Aub, Lsu or A&M in the secw and not as much as GA, Fl and maybe TN from the sece.

Who gives a rats rear. We have to work harder until we start getting better players. The we start beating them consistently.

UA1985

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:30:40 am

The poster remains correct, it is a roster made up of  2 and 3 star players.
Why are you going out of your way to confirm something that is clearly inaccurate? We probably have more 4* scholarship players than 2*; if not, it's close. Using your logic, we are a team of 2-, 3- and 4-star players. But the truth is: we are a team of 3-star players. That's where the vast majority of our scholarship players come from: the 3-star pool.

Nashville Fan

If we asked all of our players to commit to AL first. Then decommit from AL and commit to AR, we would have all 4 stars players.

Historically, if you are 4 star playing for AR you have a higher % chance of getting to the NFL than if you are 4 star playing for AL. It's 'cause of the AL bump so their fans will subscribe to the rating services.
Pittman or Bust!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 09, 2018, 04:26:33 pm
If we asked all of our players to commit to AL first. Then decommit from AL and commit to AR, we would have all 4 stars players.

Simply not true.  And it's proven not true over and over again simply by our record vs. Bama's record. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 09, 2018, 04:30:52 pm
Simply not true.  And it's proven not true over and over again simply by our record vs. Bama's record. 
Their 5 stars create the gap not our high 3* verses their low 4*.

well... that and their coaches.
Pittman or Bust!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 09, 2018, 04:38:35 pm
Their 5 stars create the gap not our high 3* verses their low 4*.

Except 80% of their roster is made up of 4 stars. 

The problem with the subcription claim, which I know does happen on some level, is that claiming such always implys that Bama's talent is overrated due to higher subcriptions, while our talent is underrated due to lower subscriptions.  It's pretty obvious from watching the games every year that such an implication is patently false.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 09, 2018, 04:43:30 pm
Except 80% of their roster is made up of 4 stars. 

The problem with the subcription claim, which I know does happen on some level, is that claiming such always implys that Bama's talent is overrated due to higher subcriptions, while our talent is underrated due to lower subscriptions.  It's pretty obvious from watching the games every year that such an implication is patently false.

Problem with the star rankings is that you do not get to see the different shades of gray in a star. Some were almost 5* and some were almost 3*.  If you overlay some of the other ranking services that give a grade, as opposed to a *, you can see that all 4*s are not made equally. When some of Bama's and theOSU 4* players grade lower than other teams 3*s(LSU for example), it makes you go hmmmm.

The worst is the fighting Irish. Lot of those come from private school with different competition that public schools. 5 stars feel more legit.
Pittman or Bust!

twistitup

We have a fair amount of 4 star players

We have a large amount of 3 star players

We have 1 five star player

....the rest of our 105 man roster is 2* and walkons (including preferred walkons)

Now, let's develop some players and go win some games.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 09, 2018, 04:55:13 pm
Problem with the star rankings is that you do not get to see the different shades of gray in a star. Some were almost 5* and some were almost 3*.  If you overlay some of the other ranking services that give a grade, as opposed to a *, you can see that all 4*s are not made equally. When some of Bama's and theOSU 4* players grade lower than other teams 3*s(LSU for example), it makes you go hmmmm.

The worst is the fighting Irish. Lot of those come from private school with different competition that public schools. 5 stars feel more legit.

I agree, but I think you're arguing the exception, not the rule.  And I bet it's a fairly small exception too.

I'm just irked at the constant subscription claims.  It's significanly overstated by fans from have-not schools like ours in an effort to excuse our recruiting each year.  It just isn't a legitimate argument on the whole.  And I don't fault UA coaching staffs, because they're at a huge recruiting disadvantage.  Always have been.  It's a legitimate problem.  Just don't be dishonest about it all.  Call a spade a spade.

wildhogman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:55:33 am
Yea cause the teams playing for titles in the p5 leagues or in the college fb playoffs are usually teams that do not rank highly in recruiting.
[/quote
or it could be if I am a "guru" working for one of those "guru" publications, I'll automatically give any bamma recruit 4 stars cause everyone in the free world nd 50% of communist china know Nick  Satan don't make mistakes in recruiting.  Same for THE Ohst. OU, FSU, Clemson, so on and so forth. Hell I can make my weekly quota and weekly pay check just by making a couple humdred phone calls asking 17-18 football players who is recruiting them. I wont have to leave my desk, or watch a single film and can be right 50%.  That's all it takes in some of you guy's eyes.  If the expert said it, it must be true.  And because I am a "guru" working for a "guru" service with website and magazine subscriptions. wellllllllll I just have to know,, ya know,, HAVE ta

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 09, 2018, 05:08:30 pm
I agree, but I think you're arguing the exception, not the rule.  And I bet it's a fairly small exception too.

I'm just irked at the constant subscription claims.  It's significanly overstated by fans from have-not schools like ours in an effort to excuse our recruiting each year.  It just isn't a legitimate argument on the whole.  And I don't fault UA coaching staffs, because they're at a huge recruiting disadvantage.  Always have been.  It's a legitimate problem.  Just don't be dishonest about it all.  Call a spade a spade.
I am an Irish fan too. Feels like they get the same benefit as AL. Seems easier to pick the top 30 players for a class than the top 300. Once you get past 150 there isn't a lot of difference. So the opportunity to assume that AL will not recruit anyone that is not one of the top 300 players in the country is not hard to imagine. Truth is there is no difference between 300th best player and 301th best player. But one gets 4stars and one gets 3stars. And... the team that gets #300 is happy and the one that get #301 complains for no legit reason. Difference between 200-400 is marginal at best and you will get as many different rankings of these players as services for these spots. it happens and it is not overstated.
Pittman or Bust!

redeye

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 10:48:13 am
They are both gone.

Heinrich retired due to back problems and Rogers retired to pursue his career.

Oh, that's right.

I'm actually surprised we don't have more 4 stars, but I guess we're losing 4-5 from last season.

Bkhardicars

We do NOT have a roster loaded with 2 Stars...Did Bo start this thread?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 09, 2018, 05:30:10 pm
I am an Irish fan too. Feels like they get the same benefit as AL. Seems easier to pick the top 30 players for a class than the top 300. Once you get past 150 there isn't a lot of difference. So the opportunity to assume that AL will not recruit anyone that is not one of the top 300 players in the country is not hard to imagine. Truth is there is no difference between 300th best player and 301th best player. But one gets 4stars and one gets 3stars. And... the team that gets #300 is happy and the one that get #301 complains for no legit reason. Difference between 200-400 is marginal at best and you will get as many different rankings of these players as services for these spots. it happens and it is not overstated.

But I'm talking about the actual elite players.  The obvious elite players that all the big boys are after.  The obvious elite players that go to the big boy programs in droves.  The ones that are easy and obvious to assign 4 stars.  The ones in the top 150.  Programs like Bama, Clemson, tOSU, etc...get at least a dozen of those every class.  We get maybe 1 or 2 of them, and that's all that matters.  It's a monumental difference. 

Everybody knows it gets fuzzy once you get to say 200-400.  Heck we probably don't even get a bunch that fall in that range either.

twistitup

Quote from: Bkhardicars on February 09, 2018, 07:40:04 pm
We do NOT have a roster loaded with 2 Stars...Did Bo start this thread?

Don't knock 2-3 star players...they become All SEC and go the the NFL at a higher clip than any other star....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 08:47:19 am
I heard this side of the argument on the radio yesterday and it makes a lot of sense. We have recruited in the top 25 (average) the last 5 years - we have a roster full of these guys at the moment - we have a chance to be good if we can develop these players.

I read another thread where it said 2 star guys make it to the NFL and ALL SEC at a higher rate than 3 star guys...following this logic, if Coach Morris can develop the talent that is CURRENTLY on the roster that we have a chance to be competitive quicker than some believe. We HAVE had solid recruiting over the last 5 years - why would there NOT be talent on the roster? Did we miss on recruits that much under CBB?

It's all about player development in my opinion. We will see how good this staff is at player development.

Since the 2013 recruiting class, according to 24/7:

5          4         3          2       Total
    1         26        99         5        131
  0.8%    19.8%   75.6%    3.8%    100%

Just sayin, more 4 and 3 stars than we ever signed 2 stars. I'd say your show is slanting the truth a bit.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 07:50:07 pm
Don't knock 2-3 star players...they become All SEC and go the the NFL at a higher clip than any other star....

Well, simple math dictates that be so, but on a percentage basis, they don't.  In other words, and just rounding, I believe something like 50% of 5 stars get drafted, 30% of 4 stars get drafted, and maybe 10% to 15% of 3 stars get drafted.  It just so happens at that there's probably 5x more 3 stars each year than 4 stars. 

The key is signing those 3 stars that are NFL talents in significantly higher numbers.  Programs have been unable to do that.  I mean Trey Flowers was a 3 star who actually turned out to be a 4 star, and if we had a roster full of 3 star talents like Flowers, then sure, we'd be competing for championships.  But we don't.  Probably no program on our level does.  But just about every 4 star at Bama is probably as talented as Flowers.

I'd bet that of the 44 players who just started the Super Bowl, 30 of them were 3 stars.  But how many of those 3 stars came from the same college program?  Maybe none, because they're all actually spread out over dozens of programs.  And that's the key.

lumphog

It's ALL about coaching.... I'm gonna go ahead and say it... WE will have a better year than the Aggies & JimBob Fisherman... BookIt Dano

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 08:52:53 am
The issue is, and since there is really no other way to quantify it we have to use stars, well over half the sec recruits better than do the Hogs. This year, 27th in the nation was either 9th or 10th in the sec. When your opponents CONSISTENTLY get better players, they are going to beat you more often than not.
this sums it right up perfectly.  When some want to point out that we have ranked in the top 25 over the past years, it is really out of context because usually there are 9-11 SEC teams who do better.  So we can be in top 25 nationally yet be going backwards in the conference.

My hope is that CCM will excite the kids out there on the recruiting trail and they will want to come to Fayetteville cause they want to be a part of something special.  Meanwhile, CCM and his staff gonna have to "coach em up" for awhile.

hobhog

Today's 3 star commit had offers from all SEC schools....

Pork Twain

Well thank god this came up again.  It was WAY past due.  Can I request a GSD and uniform post next?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

From Tusk Till Dawn

This is a pretty interesting read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2018/2/9/16956914/recruits-by-state-map-2018-rankings

It really shows how the rich keep getting richer but alot of it is about resources in state.  For example, Texas got 10 of their top 13, Louisiana got 10 of their top 16, we got 5 of the top 9.  Yet our top 5 don't stack up as well against their top 5.  As long as we continue to lose the SEC recruiting battle our national rank is irrelevant.  We always have good players but often not better.  We will imo have to rely on catching lightning in a bottle with the right combination of great scheme, coaching and players.  I'm hopeful for the new regime as we are due.

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 09, 2018, 07:58:55 pm
Since the 2013 recruiting class, according to 24/7:

5          4         3          2       Total
    1         26        99         5        131
  0.8%    19.8%   75.6%    3.8%    100%

Just sayin, more 4 and 3 stars than we ever signed 2 stars. I'd say your show is slanting the truth a bit.

105 man roster...not everybody is signed.

What show?

Pork Twain

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 07:50:07 pm
Well this is just not true.  Statistical analysis, it matters.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 01:51:33 pm
The walkons ARE part if the 105 man roster...

Looks like our 2* listed plus walkons not listed is more than the 16 4* guys we currently have

Factcheck - on the 2* guys...one post lists 8 the other 6
Well that is because he is talking about our 85 scholarship players and you are talking about all 105, to include guys that have very little chance of ever seeing the field.

twistitup

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 10, 2018, 03:34:00 am
Well that is because he is talking about our 85 scholarship players and you are talking about all 105, to include guys that have very little chance of ever seeing the field.

Title of thread says says ROSTER - not scholarship recipients

The ROSTER is 105 people

We are a team loaded with 2 and 3 star guys (or below) when looking at the 105 man roster.

Why it took us this long to get here is sad. Why argue with facts?

Don't knock walkons - some are preferred, others turn out to be studs- Brandon Burlsworth ring a bell? Some WERE studs but had late injuries, behavior issues in h.s. etc, etc.. walkons are a very important part of the team.

We have lots of talent that needs to be DEVELOPED, I think CCM is a good developer of talent. I think he will take the kids CBB recruited and win with them.

Go Hogs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2018, 02:33:38 am
105 man roster...not everybody is signed.

What show?

You said that you had heard this on the radio?
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 10, 2018, 06:20:06 am
You said that you had heard this on the radio?

It's not my show....a guy calling into Bo's show was giving success stats on 2/3 star guys. It a GOOD thing to have players to develop on a roster, not bad. The problem is - CBB was not developing these players. I'm of the opinion that Coach Morris will do well with CBB's players.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 12:22:49 pm
We haven't seen the roster yet...none of what you type can be proven. Post the roster.

Do you not know how to find the roster yourself? It has pretty much already been posted for you, kindly broken down by * ranking, but you keep demanding it be done again.

twistitup

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on February 10, 2018, 06:32:42 am
Do you not know how to find the roster yourself? It has pretty much already been posted for you, kindly broken down by * ranking, but you keep demanding it be done again.

Thread is over - all questions answered

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

February 10, 2018, 10:47:01 pm #99 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:57:31 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 01:16:00 pm
Your math is god awful.

Here is the roster breakdown of players on scholarship

5 star:
1. McTelvin Agim (5 star)

4 stars:

2. Brian Wallace
3. Devwah Whaley
4. Chevin Calloway
5. Hjalte Froholdt
6. Montaric Brown
7. Cheyenne O'Grady
8. Will Gragg
9. Jamario Bell
10. Austin Capps
11. T.J. Hammonds
12. Jalen Merrick
13. Ty Storey
14. Brandon Martin
15. Jeremy Patton
16. Briston Guidry

3 stars

17. Chase Hayden
18. Daulton Hyatt
19. Koilan Jackson
20. Jordan Jones
21. Austin Cantrell
22. Colton Jackson
23. La'Michael Pettway
24. Kamren Curl
25. Nate Dalton
26. Dalton Wagner
27. Maleek Barkley
28. Jonathan Marshall
29. Kofi Boateng
30. Jarrod Barnes
31. Alexy Jean-Baptiste
32. De'Jon Harris
33. Deon Stewart
34. Armon Watts
35. Kirby Adcock
36. Kyrei Fisher
37. Dre Greenlaw
38. Shane Clenin
39. Maleek Williams
40. Giovanni LaFrance
41. Jarques McClellion
42. Deon Edwards
43. Cole Kelley
44. Santos Ramirez
45. De'Vion Warren
46. Michael Taylor II
47. Derrick Munson
48. David Porter
49. Jared Cornelius
50. Jack Kraus
51. Jordon Curtis
52. Kendrick Jackson
53. Hayden Johnson
54. Jake Hall
55. Korey Hernandez
56. Britto Tutt
57. Josh Liddell
58. Deion Malone
59. Josh Paul
60. Ryan Pulley
61. Grayson Gunter
62. Dee Walker
63. Jonathan Nance
64. Dylan Hays
65. Randy Ramsey
66. Blake Johnson
67. Micahh Smith

2 star or unrated

68. Hayden Henry
69. Gabe Richardson
70. Ty Clary
71. T.J. Smith
72. Johnny Gibson
73. Connor Limpert (I think he is on scholarship - might not be)

PLUS the recruits we just signed:

4 star additions (according to 247):

74. Bumper Pool
75. Connor Noland

3 star additions (according to 247):

76. Michael Woods
77. Isaiah Nichols
78. Myles Mason
79. Billy Ferrell
80. Ladarrius Bishop
81. Joseph Foucha
82. Courtre Alexander
83. Nick Fulwider
84. Noah Gatlin
85. Rakeem Boyd
86. Ryan Winkel
87. Andrew Parker
88. John Stephen Jones
89. Silas Robinson

That's 89 scholarship players which puts us over the limit.

Plus all the walk-ons.
Good work, Factchecker.

So, out of 89 scholly players, a total of six are two stars. EXACTLY my point, thanks.

Also, a WHOLE bunch of those supposed "3*s" on the list are actually 4*s. Like Billy Ferrell, Dorian Gerald, and Miles Mason just in the new class. Dalton Hyatt was a ESPN Top150 guy and he is "just a 3*" on that list. We have over 30 player who are a 4* on at least one of the three major sites. Team is far from "mostly 2 and 3 stars".

Also, nobody counts walk-ons in any way as they are irrelevant, and EVRY teams walkons are just a batch of 2 and 3 star guys. There arent 5* walkons.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang