Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas getting love...

Started by hogville38, May 11, 2015, 04:20:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

On Finebaum show today. Several callers saying we will be contending for 1st in the west. Dari, who is filling in for Paul said he thought we could beat bama after a funny caller from Arkansas said he wanted to be there to witness the Alabama fan base melt down when they don't make the SEC championship. He also said Arkansas would go to Alabama and whip their arse. Awesome, hogs getting some love.

FrozenHam

+1, 38, I like hearing this!  Thanks for sharing the love...

hogville38

Quote from: FrozenHam on May 11, 2015, 06:18:18 pm
+1, 38, I like hearing this!  Thanks for sharing the love...
+1 for the +1  :)

bigred223

AirForceHog

The Hogs are on the up and up but beating Bama at their house is a tall order.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

cosmodrum

We have an insane stretch of games on our schedule. We'll be a better team for sure, but it might not show up in W-L. I mean, our schedule is absolutely brutal.
Go away, batin'

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: AirForceHog on May 11, 2015, 10:45:23 pm
not nearly the mountain it used to be...all we need is that right "hand hold" at the right moment and the Tide's butts are ours this year...we have the pork to push them around and a senior QB...its time...8 years ago, we went down to Tuscaloosa in Sabans first season, we were ranked and they weren't....we got behind early and then staged a great comeback behind a raging Darren McFadden to take the lead 38-31...Alabama drives, kicks a FG inside 3 minutes, then stop us with a 3 and out....TCTWF punted....Bama drove the ball down the field inside a minute with the benefit of 3 pass interference calls, one on fourth down that would have ended the game, the final bogus call inside the ten yard line...they hit a fade pattern to win the game by 3 and Saban walks off the field looking like, "did we really just do that ?"...anyway, the cycle has come full circle, it was TCTWF ineptitude in the final minutes that cost us the game and give Saban his first win at Bama vs a ranked opponent...well, it's time to take that game back and send Saban on a downward enough spiral for him to retire within two years because of Alabama fans being spoiled to winning the SEC and NC's...think peeps, why is Lane Kiffin still loitering around in Tuscaloosa ? He's had plenty of head coaching offers and yet he, as cocky and arrogant as he is, Lane is still willing to take butt chewing after butt chewing from Nick Saban. You have to know he feels way above having to take it and bites his lip everytime Nick lashes out.  So the only reason I can muster for Lane staying at Tuscaloosa under the thumb of a tyrant is that he feels the tyrant may not be around much longer. All that to say this, CBB takes one of the, if not the most physical team in the country down to Tuscaloosa and yanks the heart right out of the bully on the block. The beginning of the end for Nick Saban's Alabama tenure.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 11, 2015, 10:50:33 pm
We have an insane stretch of games on our schedule. We'll be a better team for sure, but it might not show up in W-L. I mean, our schedule is absolutely brutal.

I think it will show up in the W-L column but it might not be the 10+ win season that many are gravitating towards. Of course I think it is possible, with the 10th win being in a bowl. But hey, I won't complain one bit if we get 10 wins or more in the regular season, I'm just not expecting it to happen this year.
Go Hogs Go!

smb

I agree then and only then will we really get any respect.
GeorgiaHOG

PORKULATOR

I'm not worried about how tall the order is, the hogs plan on tipping. "Here ya go Nick, a little something for your trouble, not get out of our way.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogWall Jackson

Arkansas will lay the Wood to Alabama @ the Line of Scrimmage but will it translate to a Victory on the Scoreboard? I sure hope so, we owe them a few.

mizzouman

Dari has always been a big fan of the Razorbacks.  He's a good ally to have.

GolfnHog

Over the last 2 years incremental steps coming out of some of the darkest days of Razorback football have proven processes are in place. Do the Hogs beat Bama in their own house this year?
Who knows but I have every reason to believe the Tide will leave that field knowing they played against a team that will kick you in the mouth as was proven last year. This Hog team will be better and more importantly they learned they can win against anyone and beat them.

My biggest concern  is that the SEC officiating doesn't get in the way as it is apt to do.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 12, 2015, 06:09:54 am
I think it will show up in the W-L column but it might not be the 10+ win season that many are gravitating towards. Of course I think it is possible, with the 10th win being in a bowl. But hey, I won't complain one bit if we get 10 wins or more in the regular season, I'm just not expecting it to happen this year.

IMHO if the Hogs leave Tuscaloosa undefeated, Katie will just about be barring the door to the SEC Western Division title for all other SEC West opponents. The Hogs would legitimately be sitting in the driver's seat. When is the last time that happened without another SEC West team being on probation??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on May 12, 2015, 10:04:58 am
IMHO if the Hogs leave Tuscaloosa undefeated, Katie will just about be barring the door to the SEC Western Division title for all other SEC West opponents. The Hogs would legitimately be sitting in the driver's seat. When is the last time that happened without another SEC West team being on probation??

2006?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GolfnHog on May 12, 2015, 10:01:22 am
Over the last 2 years incremental steps coming out of some of the darkest days of Razorback football have proven processes are in place. Do the Hogs beat Bama in their own house this year?
Who knows but I have every reason to believe the Tide will leave that field knowing they played against a team that will kick you in the mouth as was proven last year. This Hog team will be better and more importantly they learned they can win against anyone and beat them.

My biggest concern  is that the SEC officiating doesn't get in the way as it is apt to do.

2009 Florida and LSU
2010 Auburn

DeltaBoy

We just need to TCOB one game at a time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GolfnHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 12, 2015, 10:18:10 am
2009 Florida and LSU
2010 Auburn

I'd add the 2014 Mizzou game as well. Mauk being lit up by Flowers was a fumble and should have been no less than 3 points for the Hogs prior to going into the half. Instead....
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Kig

Beating any SEC team at their place is a tall order.  Beating Bama at home, when we already have their full attention because of last years game with them and how we finished, is something entirely different.  Last year we were hoping to get over the hump and finally get a conference win for CBB, but deep down nobody we played was actually going to worry until we got that first win. 

It is likely that we will be no worse than 4-1 going into that game, possibly even 5-0.  Bama has Wisconsin, Ole Miss and Georgia before our game and could drop one of them.  This game is going to get all the hype that it deserves and if we are able to prevail, we will officially have arrived. 

I have 3rd row, 40 yard line seats to the game... it is going to be electric. 

Poker Porker

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GolfnHog on May 12, 2015, 10:22:09 am
I'd add the 2014 Mizzou game as well. Mauk being lit up by Flowers was a fumble and should have been no less than 3 points for the Hogs prior to going into the half. Instead....

Im really not sure what the officials were looking at that day. You see that called a fumble around 99 percent of the time.

Our defense still played well that game. Our offense just couldnt get anything going with an injured QB.