Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Moving Kirkland to Left Tackle Might Yield Favorable Results

Started by Bacon_Bitz, May 08, 2015, 05:29:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

COCHISE

Josh Goforth

I had no intentions of refuting his opinion, he may well be right, just wanted to show what was on film. Looked like Kirkland out there against Wise, Ledbetter, and some of the other 2nd team des graded out as close to perfect as possible.

onebadrubi

Murph doesn't believe against SEC competition Kirkland can uphold the position.  His evidence was poor however to support that opinion, but none the less I still like reading his comments

This article is of similar fashion but on the other side.  No way was Kirkland not going to look like an all american in that spring game.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Josh Goforth on May 09, 2015, 05:59:22 am
I had no intentions of refuting his opinion, he may well be right, just wanted to show what was on film. Looked like Kirkland out there against Wise, Ledbetter, and some of the other 2nd team des graded out as close to perfect as possible.

Everyone has opinions and there wasn't anything wrong with yours at all. Murf does a good job and I enjoy his writing, but you do a good job here as well.
Go Hogs Go!

gmarv

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 09, 2015, 06:28:30 am
Everyone has opinions and there wasn't anything wrong with yours at all. Murf does a good job and I enjoy his writing, but you do a good job here as well.
well said Muskogee.the only competition I want to see out of both of these guys is who can put out the most quality stuff for me to consume.

Hawgzinbowlz

Denver's play against our 2s makes me optimistic that he will adapt to the LT spot and perform at a high level. Our 2s are very good. Fall camp and the three OOC/preseason games should have DK ready for the SEC, by the time we run into 'Jerry's World'...good article.

" WOO PIG "

WaltonCollege

Awesome read! Very in depth and precise about player on player matchups and strengths. Our O line will be one of the best units in the country. Plus we have 3 warm up games before SEC play to fine tune the details. Some other SEC teams don't have that luxury. Woo Pig

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsolo

Murph's problem is his insulting and degrading those who disagreed with him.   If you put your opinion out there you have to take the heat and not personally attack your audience. 

There's nothing on a sports board worth getting hot over.

PorkRinds

Quote from: IAMHogholio on May 12, 2015, 11:53:45 am
Murph's problem is his insulting and degrading those who disagreed with him.   If you put your opinion out there you have to take the heat and not personally attack your audience. 

There's nothing on a sports board worth getting hot over.

Murph only responded to a certain number of folks who, instead of disagreeing with him, attacked he and his work personally.  That's pointless.  And while he should have ignored it, you're mischaracterizing what happened.  They came at him first and he responded in kind.  He did not go after anyone for disagreeing with him.