Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN piece on Dan Enos and the razorback offense

Started by Hogwild, May 08, 2015, 04:19:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Inside a desk drawer in Bret Bielema's spacious office resides a list. On it are three coaches at each of the nine full-time assistant coach positions that Bielema keeps at the ready should he need to hire one.

Dan Enos wasn't on that list when Bielema searched for an offensive coordinator this offseason, but for good reason. Enos was Central Michigan's head coach at the time. Bielema is always willing to go beyond the list in certain circumstances.

When Enos asked Bielema about the offensive coordinator position -- which was vacated by Jim Chaney, who is now at Pitt -- Bielema was surprised......

Enos wants his offense to be balanced. Not necessarily running the ball 50 percent of the time and throwing the other 50 percent but operating efficiently in both areas and proving they can win both ways.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/101408/dan-enos-finds-right-fit-at-right-time-in-arkansas

LJHOG

I wonder how much we will miss Chaney's run blocking schemes.  SEC coaches hated preparing for them.

PorkRinds

I'm going to bet that chaney never  jumped in and did one of the team workouts.

Paul

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 08, 2015, 05:12:40 pm
bet ur right.  I'd also bet that Enos won't change the blocking schemes drasticlally.  BB & Pitt will see to that

Buff

Quote from: LJHOG on May 08, 2015, 04:57:18 pm
I wonder how much we will miss Chaney's run blocking schemes.  SEC coaches hated preparing for them.

Stop right there.  None  ::hornsdown::

presidenthog

Quote from: LJHOG on May 08, 2015, 04:57:18 pm
I know what your talking about. It was that guy on the PF show today. I'm just going to say that I think more than likely without doing a search that CBB probably had done that before and that might not even have been something unique to chaney. I do remember something about chaney getting frustrated with CBB demanding more creativity in the run game so it could have spawned from that though. What I'm referring to is a guest on the PF show said coaches from opposing teams hated preparing for arkansas because our line used multiple blocking schemes every week.

The Boar War

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 08, 2015, 05:12:40 pm

Are you kidding?  Many a time Chaney jumped right in and challenged players to see if they could lift him.

Hawgzinbowlz

"We're going to do a lot of the same general stuff conceptually, but a lot of different things: different reads, different stuff in our repertoire, making reads of coverages while we're running routes, which I like to do," junior tight end Hunter Henry said.

This should make an impact in our passing game improvement.

Also :
"He's an excellent teacher, just a pure dynamics of throwing the football," Bielema said. "How to handle it, how to manage your eyes, how to manage your footwork. And then he's got tremendous rapport with our players.

And yes...Fayetteville is a fine place to raise a family. Glad Coach Enos contacted CBB.

" WOO PIG "

Getting ready to watch my son walk at BWA later today.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 09, 2015, 09:30:08 am
"We're going to do a lot of the same general stuff conceptually, but a lot of different things: different reads, different stuff in our repertoire, making reads of coverages while we're running routes, which I like to do," junior tight end Hunter Henry said.

This should make an impact in our passing game improvement.

Also :
"He's an excellent teacher, just a pure dynamics of throwing the football," Bielema said. "How to handle it, how to manage your eyes, how to manage your footwork. And then he's got tremendous rapport with our players.

And yes...Fayetteville is a fine place to raise a family. Glad Coach Enos contacted CBB.

" WOO PIG "

Getting ready to watch my son walk at BWA later today.
Congrats on the son!

Paul

Quote from: The Boar War on May 08, 2015, 11:21:16 pm
Are you kidding?  Many a time Chaney jumped right in and challenged players to see if they could lift him.
would've been tough...like trying to bench the Michelin Man filled with Jello

Hawgzinbowlz