Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starkville, MS Coach Has Accepted NLR Coaching Job

Started by NaturalStateReb, May 06, 2015, 11:03:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Starkville HS football coach Jamie Mitchell has accepted the same position at North Little Rock High School, according to Mississippi TV station WCBI.  Mitchell was 51-17.  His Starkville teams won a title in 2012, were runner ups in 2011, and cracked the national top 10 in 2014. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

inhognation

Will probably try and pipeline his good players to Mississippi State

PorkRinds

Quote from: inhognation on May 06, 2015, 11:05:18 am
Will probably try and pipeline his good players to Mississippi State

Not if he wants to stay long!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2015, 11:17:01 am
Yep I just saw this on my Google news reader.

Haha! Maybe you're starting to come around to the present.................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

inhognation

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 06, 2015, 11:14:20 am
Not if he wants to stay long!

I don't know.  We had a few NLR players going out of state already, but I hope you are right.

ricepig

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on May 06, 2015, 11:03:25 am
Starkville HS football coach Jamie Mitchell has accepted the same position at North Little Rock High School, according to Mississippi TV station WCBI.  Mitchell was 51-17.  His Starkville teams won a title in 2012, were runner ups in 2011, and cracked the national top 10 in 2014. 

Well, that and the ADG tweeted it out yesterday afternoon. It's not official until the school board approves it on Thursday night. He was the third choice, if you believe the rumors.

PorkRinds

Quote from: inhognation on May 06, 2015, 11:23:57 am
I don't know.  We had a few NLR players going out of state already, but I hope you are right.

It just seems to me that after all the uproar at NLR with college recruits, this guy would be smart to remember what state he's in.  If he starts sending his studs to Missteak, he will be less popular than Petrino with some folks in state.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 06, 2015, 11:29:36 am
It just seems to me that after all the uproar at NLR with college recruits, this guy would be smart to remember what state he's in.  If he starts sending his studs to Missteak, he will be less popular than Petrino with some folks in state.

I forgot how many players Bolding was sending up here?  If he is a good coach maybe he can help develop some D-1 level talent.  Then we can worry about where those players go.  If they visit Starkville then Fayetteville I'm confident they will still choose Fayetteville.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

zane

Let's get real

Kids leaving Arkansas for Alabama is one thing

Kids leaving Arkansas for Miss St is another
RIP LSUfan

PorkRinds

Quote from: zane on May 06, 2015, 11:40:07 am
Let's get real

Kids leaving Arkansas for Alabama is one thing

Kids leaving Arkansas for Miss St is another

Right, so if it starts happening he may just get run out of town on a rail...just sayin.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 06, 2015, 11:40:54 am
Right, so if it starts happening he may just get run out of town on a rail...just sayin.

That would create another all night long appeal.  Not a fire-able cause

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 06, 2015, 11:54:25 am
That would create another all night long appeal.  Not a fire-able cause

Oh I don't mean fired by the district.  I'm just saying if it starts looking like more shenanigans are going on at NLR, the public outcry would likely be enough for any coach to leave.  Anyone taking that job has to realize at this point they will be under a microscope. 

azhog10

Just saw the remodel of the high school and football stadium. That will be one nice place to play football though.

DoggtownHog

The AD for NLR is about as smart as a brick. I have no idea how he still has a job. The AAA wasn't even looking at NLR when he drove to their offices and handed them a hand written note saying that NLR was vacating wins. And as a caveat, he decided to throw in a Bball state championship too.
The 7th grade fb teams will play a total of 2-15 minute periods in one jamboree this next year because he can't return phone calls or work with his coaches.
At least this is what I have heard from some folks that would know.
But Go Cats!
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: lahawg1 on May 06, 2015, 11:38:02 am

He is a Miss State grad.....

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/nlrsd-considers-jamie-mitchell-for-nlr-head-coach-position

This doesn't sound ideal for us. Believe he has lived & coached in Mississippi, most or all, his life. Graduated from Miss. St, & has been coaching high school in Starkville.  He certainly has connections down there.  Would not be surprising for him to talk up Miss. St. to his players in NLR.  Hope our coaches can establish a good relationship with him immediately. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DoggtownHog on May 06, 2015, 01:30:35 pm
The AD for NLR is about as smart as a brick. I have no idea how he still has a job. The AAA wasn't even looking at NLR when he drove to their offices and handed them a hand written note saying that NLR was vacating wins. And as a caveat, he decided to throw in a Bball state championship too.
The 7th grade fb teams will play a total of 2-15 minute periods in one jamboree this next year because he can't return phone calls or work with his coaches.
At least this is what I have heard from some folks that would know.
But Go Cats!

He wasn't any smarter before getting the AD job either. 

Bolding took down the new coaches HR boss too I beiieve.  A few internal heads rolled shortly after the hearing other than Boldings, the AD should have been on that list

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on May 06, 2015, 11:03:25 am

Will his late hiring negatively affect NLR's recruiting?