Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bread and butter

Started by snoop hawgy hawg, May 05, 2015, 04:37:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoop hawgy hawg

Does it worry you that for a run first team on the bubble of winning the sec, the top level running backs are not really breaking down the door? I think we look kinda thin there for 2016..as of right now.. woopig :razorback:

Senility

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on May 05, 2015, 04:37:36 pm
Does it worry you that for a run first team on the bubble of winning the sec, the top level running backs are not really breaking down the door? I think we look kinda thin there for 2016..as of right now.. woopig :razorback:
Alex Collins didn't look all that thin in contrast to last season.

(Don't get your shorts in a wad; that's not intended as a derogatory critique.)

snoop hawgy hawg

Will alex collins still be a hog by 2016? I don't think so...and j will/ cody walker both sr...so they are out as well. After that who runs the ball?

Richard_white

Actually I like our recruiting for RB's.  Even though we don't have one committed as of now, we are on some great talent. And of couple are really high on us.

PaintballHog

Who we sign for rb in the '16 class will make or break it IMO.

White/Whaley/Mills + Crockett would be very nice

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on May 05, 2015, 04:47:09 pm
Will alex collins still be a hog by 2016? I don't think so...and j will/ cody walker both sr...so they are out as well. After that who runs the ball?

I expect Collins to come back and be the feature back for one by himself

Prestworthy

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on May 05, 2015, 04:37:36 pm
I've thought the same thing.  There aren't many teams out there as committed to the run as the hogs are, so you'd think the top talent would be looking real hard at Fayetteville.

snoop hawgy hawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on May 05, 2015, 05:11:09 pm
I've thought the same thing.  There aren't many teams out there as committed to the run as the hogs are, so you'd think the top talent would be looking real hard at Fayetteville.
I know the crimson gumps are run first too, and it seems they get 3 of the top 10 backs every year but even if you are a 4*, there are three other 4* and two 5* above you on the depth chart, so why not come here??

duckman

Doug

Honestly, I'm not concerned yet... I think we're going to have a breakout year for both Buddha and JWill. Trust me, recruits will see that and want to be part of something special. Especially if we do better than the 8-4 most are prognosticating.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PaintballHog

Quote from: duckman on May 05, 2015, 05:29:39 pm
RW3!!!

Fingers crossed he contributes unlike Day (poor guy, not his fault) and Evans. I'm optimistic he will.

razorbacker3

When we win the SEC west this year and get tv love more than ever, the top RB's will come. O ye of little faith!

PorkSoda

top backs arent going to want to sit 2-3 years.  that is why we haven't signed one since collins.  This season will be the season we need to sign a top RB that can start as a F or RS-F at the latest
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

snoop hawgy hawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2015, 06:12:17 pm
top backs arent going to want to sit 2-3 years.  that is why we haven't signed one since collins.  This season will be the season we need to sign a top RB that can start as a F or RS-F at the latest
they do it for bama, you have a much better chance for carries here..

MuskogeeHogFan

May 05, 2015, 06:31:12 pm #14 Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:48:25 pm by MuskogeeHogFan

We need talented depth at RB but we are 3 deep right now and would have been 4 deep if not for Juan Day's unanticipated injury <edit> and then Rawleigh Williams joins this summer. Alabama has 7 on their spring roster and they list zero FB's. Add in our 2 deep at FB and another that is likely to join that group in a few weeks and we will have a cumulative total of 7 in the backfield.

Would I feel better if we had 5 talented RB's lined up competing and waiting their turn, along with 3 FB's? Sure I would, but we are going to have to hustle to replace RB's after this season. Do we go the JC route for a maximum talent or two after this season? Maybe. We will need some help from kids who can play immediately at an SEC level whether they are true freshmen or JC transfers. Hopefully, Juan Day bounces back.   
Go Hogs Go!

razorbacker3

Let's not forget R. Williams. He will turn heads if needed.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: razorbacker3 on May 05, 2015, 06:44:47 pm
Let's not forget R. Williams. He will turn heads if needed.

Right you are and Bielema has mentioned that he may be able to contribute this year.
Go Hogs Go!

Bubba's Bruisers

Keep building, maintaining an elite OL, and we'll be fine in the running game. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PorkRinds

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on May 05, 2015, 05:06:49 pm
I expect Collins to come back and be the feature back for one by himself

Yep.

Ugly Uncle

I hope AC does come back.  Some have said that he has hinted that he wants to come back for a year of being the feature back.  Lets hope so.

I think if we get Devin White it will make me feel a lot better.
Retired Radio Host

snoop hawgy hawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 05, 2015, 10:28:58 pm
I hope AC does come back.  Some have said that he has hinted that he wants to come back for a year of being the feature back.  Lets hope so.

I think if we get Devin White it will make me feel a lot better.
i would rather get devwah..he will be a game changer where ever he goes...

BudweiserHog

Devin White reminds me very much of Derrick Henry. If we land him we will have a fantastic backfield

Cinco de Hogo

You don't need seniority to be a great back.

See Georgia..

jgphillips3

Someday we may be able to stack them up like Bama, but the elite talent didn't start doing that until after they won titles so we need to win for a while before we can get studs every year to sit and wait their turn.  We have a guaranteed opening next year for JWill and a possible open slot for AC.  With only unproven backs behind them, I think at least one or maybe two high quality backs (Whaley, White, et al) will pick us this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on May 05, 2015, 06:15:42 pm
they do it for bama, you have a much better chance for carries here..
right? We all know the reason they are willing to do that for bama.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

mizzouman

Not sure if CBB is known for recruiting a bunch of 4 or 5 star guys while at Wisky.  I think he cares more about how the player will fit into his system.  The RB's will be fine.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is the Shhhh people worry about?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.