Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something not to hate about Texas.....

Started by gawntrail, May 05, 2015, 03:38:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gawntrail

The Seattle Seahawks signed Nate Boyer, a 34-year-old former Green Beret, as an undrafted free agent over the weekend.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/05/05/seattle-seahawks-sign-former-green-beret-nate-boyer/

Thank you for your service Nate Boyer.  The Red, White, and Blue shines through the burnt orange.....

And, to all Hogville veterans and their families too, my family and I are forever grateful.    Thank you!!

welchog

As they used to say on Hee Haw, Saaaaalute!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thirrdegreetusker

After WW2, lots of veterans came home and attended college on the GI Bill....and played football.

Coaches from that era had to radically change motivation techniques. I mean, how can you say "this game is life or death!!!" to a guy who won a Silver Star at Bastogne at the Battle of the Bulge? 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on May 06, 2015, 02:40:46 pm
After WW2, lots of veterans came home and attended college on the GI Bill....and played football.

Coaches from that era had to radically change motivation techniques. I mean, how can you say "this game is life or death!!!" to a guy who won a Silver Star at Bastogne at the Battle of the Bulge? 

You can't but the War made them mentally tough and physically harden that the reason the Bear worked them so hard at Junction City when he was at TAMU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

murthage

As a career Army Officer, I'm not sure not many on this Board truly understand his achievement in the military, then followed up by an exemplary athletic accomplishment.  This guy is a real "Hero" and an example for all young adults.  Just think "Pat Tillman", to understand the drive and courage.  God Bless him any any and all of his endeavors.

gmarv

as much as I hate tejas some things trump other things.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: murthage on May 06, 2015, 04:54:10 pm
As a career Army Officer, I'm not sure not many on this Board truly understand his achievement in the military, then followed up by an exemplary athletic accomplishment.  This guy is a real "Hero" and an example for all young adults.  Just think "Pat Tillman", to understand the drive and courage.  God Bless him any any and all of his endeavors.

When it comes to survival of our Country and way of life I would gladly share a foxhole with a Texan.  That said, Hogs over Horns.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Hog N Bama

A great example of a HERO and a mentor for all young people of our great country.

Tejano Jawg

There was a nice story about him on the Longhorn Network. (One of the rare times I paused to watch something on the Longhorn Network.)

Find an interview with him. Sharp dude. And a freaking stud. The article may say this—he learned deep snapping because there was a spot available after 2 kids graduated.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 06, 2015, 08:08:02 pm
The girls of Texas are hot too..!!!

If you think the girls in Texas look like this, please stay away...we don't need you putting further stress on the tax-payers here!  ;)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 06, 2015, 09:40:54 pm
If you think the girls in Texas look like this, please stay away...we don't need you putting further stress on the tax-payers here!  ;)

I miss not having to pay State income taxes...   :(

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 07, 2015, 08:13:05 am

Pretty sure the state of Texas makes up for that!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

texas tush hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 07, 2015, 08:13:05 am
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 07, 2015, 08:16:05 am
Pretty sure the state of Texas makes up for that!

Well actually, no.

DeltaBoy

I love my Texas Bride , Daughter and No State Income Taxes.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: texas tush hog on May 07, 2015, 09:24:52 am

Well actually, no.

Sales tax 9.5%, property tax 3% or above, depending on where you live, higher home-owner insurance rates, higher car insurance rates, higher food costs (yet no taxes on food), higher alcohol taxes, restaurant taxes, hotel taxes, MUD taxes...

Believe me, politicians will NOT let money slide through the cracks!!  :)

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2015, 03:08:46 pm
You can't but the War made them mentally tough and physically harden that the reason the Bear worked them so hard at Junction City when he was at TAMU!

Uhhhh....WW2 ended in 1945....Bryant's first year at A&M was 1954.