Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw Jonathan Williams cruising around town on a scooter

Started by newey-west, May 05, 2015, 10:02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rcopela

I see them everyday riding around, really something to see when Skipper comes by with his knees under his chin, or when (2) lineman on one scooter, cracks me up..

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogcam

Some of yall would freak out if you saw Jwill and Ragnow talking about scooter racing on Twitter.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hogcam on May 06, 2015, 01:21:52 pm
Some of yall would freak out if you saw Jwill and Ragnow talking about scooter racing on Twitter.
OMG! Say it isn't true!  ???

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogcam on May 06, 2015, 01:21:52 pm

Zero to 25 in what...half an hour for Ragnow???  I would think the race is just to see if it's going to explode before it gets going!   

It's hard for me to be a safety pup when I rode my BMX bike every bit as fast as a scooter will go, jumped ramps that were an accident waiting to happen, and never dreamed of wearing a helmet.  But...it's the other cars I would be worried about much more so than them having a solo accident and leaving some skin on the pavement.  With so many people texting and driving now, you couldn't pay me to ride something like that on the streets.

One of my favorite comedy routines.  "I look out in my neighborhood and I see kids with helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and I think...look at those wusses out there.  When I was a kid, we had scabs for pads."    ;D       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

oldhawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 06, 2015, 04:09:11 pm
Zero to 25 in what...half an hour for Ragnow???  I would think the race is just to see if it's going to explode before it gets going!   

It's hard for me to be a safety pup when I rode my BMX bike every bit as fast as a scooter will go, jumped ramps that were an accident waiting to happen, and never dreamed of wearing a helmet.  But...it's the other cars I would be worried about much more so than them having a solo accident and leaving some skin on the pavement.  With so many people texting and driving now, you couldn't pay me to ride something like that on the streets.

One of my favorite comedy routines.  "I look out in my neighborhood and I see kids with helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and I think...look at those wusses out there.  When I was a kid, we had scabs for pads."    ;D       

Times have certainly changed --- probably for the better in many cases. 

I played football through high school.  My son played soccer from the time he was five through college, and then some.  And I became a dedicated soccer fan.

Ugly Uncle

A few years ago I saw Brey Cook riding on a Scooter.  A couple of days later I saw his Mom out at a practice and I joked about that Scooter trying to make it up Razorback road.  She told me that he and (I forget the lineman's name that got busted for stealing a credit card to get gas) were roommates and Brey gave him a ride on his scooter and as they were coming up the hill the scooter's tire blew out from the weight. 

They couldn't figure out what had happened to it so they kept trying to ride it up the hill.  Said it could only get up to about 5 miles an hour so they both had to put their feet down to keep their balance.

Like I said, I only saw Brey riding it, and you could barely see the scooter with only Brey on it.  Couldn't imagine two of those guys on it.
Retired Radio Host

WorfHog

The scooters go faster than you guys think, probably top out between 45-50 depending on the rider.  More than enough to cause serious brain damage without a helmet.  Most of the kids don't even look out for cars really. At least Fayetteville made then carry insurance as of May 1st.

RAD

When I was at the UA back in the late 90s-early 00s many of the football/basketball players were rolling in brand new cars/SUVs. I asked and learned how that was being done, but I guess times have changed!!

hawgbawb

Statistically you are 35X more likely to be killed on a motorcycle than in a car.  Since the 50cc scooters generally top out at 35 MPH, that fatality stat likely doesn't hold up, but you can get pretty seriously injured at 35 MPH.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

ricepig

If the coaching staff thought they were a problem, they'd eliminate them.

Tejano Jawg

Do I need to send JW a helmet, for an early graduation present?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on May 06, 2015, 09:39:45 pm
Do I need to send JW a helmet, for an early graduation present?

He's got at least 4, red, white, anthracite, and throwback red........

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: oldhawg on May 06, 2015, 05:23:12 pm
Times have certainly changed --- probably for the better in many cases. 

I played football through high school.  My son played soccer from the time he was five through college, and then some.  And I became a dedicated soccer fan.

Finding it.........so......hard.....not....to say.......I'm........sorry.   ;)

Just bustin' your chops.  My son could be a dedicated frisbee golfer and I'd follow it.  That's what good parents do, and good on you for being that type of father.  GOOOOOOOAAALLLLLLLL  !!!!!   :)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hawgbawb on May 06, 2015, 07:12:38 pm
Statistically you are 35X more likely to be killed on a motorcycle than in a car.  Since the 50cc scooters generally top out at 35 MPH, that fatality stat likely doesn't hold up, but you can get pretty seriously injured at 35 MPH.
Yeah. When an SUV hits you, it doesn't matter if you are on a tricycle, you are doomed.

twistitup

May 07, 2015, 05:10:08 am #66 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:09:27 pm by twistitup
It's all about that scooter- no helmet

He's bringing risky baaaaack
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: RAD on May 06, 2015, 06:57:37 pm
When I was at the UA back in the late 90s-early 00s many of the football/basketball players were rolling in brand new cars/SUVs. I asked and learned how that was being done, but I guess times have changed!!

Won't speculate, but when I was there in the early 70's, Joe Ferguson's ride always had dealer tags.  ;)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

WooPig90

As long as he is wearing his helmet on the field!

scruf

This wouldn't have happened under Houston Nutt because his players loved the helmet.