Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw Jonathan Williams cruising around town on a scooter

Started by newey-west, May 05, 2015, 10:02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

newey-west

No helmet.

Shorts.

T-Shirt.

Knowing the potential payout that he has at the end of the year, I think I'd be more careful than this.  Kids are kids.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

ricepig

PorkRinds

The difference between us and Alabama.  Their players drive around in brand new chargers.  Ours rock the scooter!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pig in the Pokey

I just JWIll on draft day at the scooter store on college. He coo.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: newey-west on May 05, 2015, 10:02:13 am
No helmet.

Shorts.

T-Shirt.

Knowing the potential payout that he has at the end of the year, I think I'd be more careful than this.  Kids are kids.
Man, dats JWill. He gone truck a car on dat zooter.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Biggus Piggus

I was going to say - at least JWill didn't fall asleep in a fast food drive thru on his scooter.
[CENSORED]!

WooPig90

OnTheHillHogFan

You just described what 99% of college students wear when on mopeds
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ricepig

BigSexyHog

Hey scooters are just like fat girls.  Fun to ride but don't let your friends see.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

smb

Well if he didn't get hurt running thru Bama's tackles I don't think an Itty bitty scooter's going to hurt him.
GeorgiaHOG

twistitup

He should at least wear a seat belt....I means dayyumm

And maybe even some elbow pads and shin guards
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawginbigd1

He tweeted the other day about deciding on whether to get a new scooter, i wanted to tweet him, forget about it. to close to a motorcycle and you know those don't work out for us!

sickboy

Pancetta

If he's going to ride it on the street he should wear a helmet. If you think helmet to helmet is dangerous then think about bare head to concrete or truck bumper.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

uncle bubs

Analyzing a college kid's attire while cruising around on a scooter. Really?
God bless the Boston Mountains.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WorfHog

Quote from: Pancetta on May 05, 2015, 01:13:37 pm
If he's going to ride it on the street he should wear a helmet. If you think helmet to helmet is dangerous then think about bare head to concrete or truck bumper.

Very few of these kids in Fayetteville on scooters are wearing a helmet, drives me crazy. It's only a matter of time until one of them ends up a vegetable. 

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

twistitup

lahawg1

What LB for us (a few years ago) that got hit on a scooter and then he got up and proceeded to total out the car that hit him? I have forgotten who it was

twistitup

Quote from: lahawg1 on May 05, 2015, 02:37:41 pm
What LB for us (a few years ago) that got hit on a scooter and then he got up and proceeded to total out the car that hit him? I have forgotten who it was
Wasn't there a girl involved? Angry old boyfriend or something ?

dsgreen

There was a never a thread for Robert Johnson when he used to go around on his scooter.  Where were you then huh?

Wildhog

Quote from: lahawg1 on May 05, 2015, 02:37:41 pm

Wendel Davis.  He beat up a car.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lahawg1

MissippHog

No helmet.

Shorts.

T-Shirt.

No blonde on the back of the scooter?

PORKULATOR

Quote from: WorfHog on May 05, 2015, 01:27:07 pm
Very few of these kids in Fayetteville on scooters are wearing a helmet, drives me crazy. It's only a matter of time until one of them ends up a vegetable. 
or a fruit!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Drizzy

Guys...I saw the same thing and it's nothing to worry about. It's a fake scooter. He is going Flintstones on that scooter and running it down the road at 35 mph. Woo Pig.

Carl Lazlo

Be a sight to see skipper or tretola take it for a spin. Helmets on.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on May 05, 2015, 05:05:06 pm
Be a sight to see skipper or tretola take it for a spin. Helmets on.
neither could get the scooter to make it up to the 25 mph marker....those are two big men
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I think he'll be okay. Like someone said, I'd put it around 60% of kids here have a scooter. Especially this time of year.
ched come back pls

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

98hogs

No helmet.

Shorts.

T-Shirt.

I rode a bike and skateboard , no helmet or pads,  Have scars and didn't grow up a wuss

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 05, 2015, 12:26:58 pm
Hey scooters are just like fat girls.  Fun to ride but don't let your friends see.

+1 for telling Da Troof..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

deedster84

Quote from: 98hogs on May 05, 2015, 06:19:47 pm
I rode a bike and skateboard , no helmet or pads,  Have scars and didn't grow up a wuss
And on tailgates of trucks going down the highway. Times have definitely changed.

tophawg19

Quote from: 98hogs on May 05, 2015, 06:19:47 pm
you also weren't being counted on to carry the load for the hogs next season. If your smart enough to wear a helmet on the field where the worst thing that can hit you is a linemen, then be smart enough on the road with trucks. He has millions of reasons to wear one
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TeufelHog

hoghiker

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 05, 2015, 07:23:14 pm
you also weren't being counted on to carry the load for the hogs next season. If your smart enough to wear a helmet on the field where the worst thing that can hit you is a linemen, then be smart enough on the road with trucks. He has millions of reasons to wear one
I'll be smited but I agree with this man. I get why people do it. I've ridden mile after mile without a helmet. Just seems like the way to do it until a car, a curb a phone pole or dump truck meets one's head. It's dangerous even if you don't have a millionaire's life awaiting. You have a life. Big chance he'll never have a problem. Slim chance he will. But he might.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

bondhue

Ask Jack McKinney what can happen on two wheels, no helmet.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Hog N Bama

Odds are against you being on a scooter in the first place. Riding one without a helmet, well, odds are even worse. It's not that he isn't a good rider or careful. The problem is people driving vehicles often do not see you.

oldhawg

Yes, but people wouldn't recognize him if he wore a helmet, and this conversation wouldn't be taking place.  Recognition is a good thing (as long as you aren't involved in illegal activities or being an a'hole).

yraciv

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 06, 2015, 10:57:35 am
Odds are against you being on a scooter in the first place. Riding one without a helmet, well, odds are even worse. It's not that he isn't a good rider or careful. The problem is people driving vehicles often do not see you.

Players have been riding scooters around the U of A campus for awhile now.  I can only recall one instance, the Davis one where he got bumped, but he didn't suffer many injuries.  A lot of our players family's can't afford to get them cars, so they have scooters that primarily get them around campus.  It is hard to speed around campus, and I can't imagine those things go really fast.

Of course accidents can happen due to incompetent drivers.  I could get hit crossing the street in a big city due to a careless driver at no fault of my own.  That would suck if it happens to one of our players, but take off the safety goggles.  99% of college kids with scooters wear that, and are you going to ban scooters so they have to walk  everywhere around campus? No story as long as they aren't riding like that UF walkon.

twistitup

Saw Jwill scootin' wide left for an 82 yd TD run

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 05, 2015, 07:23:14 pm

What difference does that make in life? We ALL have reasons for trying to be safe. Money is not the best reason.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog