Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Denver Kirkland owned Malcolm Brown from Texas

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, May 01, 2015, 10:39:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 01, 2015, 10:39:03 am
So Kirkland and Skipper are likely 1st round picks next year. Hunter Henry is also going to be picked in the top 3 rounds. I could see JWill, Collins, BA, Tratola, Keon Hatcher and Rohon Gaines also drafted next year.
I'm a big Brandon Allen supporter but I don't see his as a legit NFL prospect. I don't think he could hold up physically. He just doesn't have that thick base you need to be an NFL QB.

He very rarely if ever makes NFL type throws and he's not a plus athlete at the QB position for that level.

But this is a college board and he's a good college QB.

The thing about this season and BA in particular is we need to develop some resemblance of a 2 minute offense. I sure hope Enos can do it. We were in four tight games in the 4th qtr and our offense had a chance to win and we never got it done.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 01, 2015, 12:23:47 pm
Sure he can, if he's a complete idiot...

Now's the perfect time since he's already pissing radioactive.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

twistitup

Will pot be on the level of opiate pain killers someday?
It's not performance enhancing, much less harmful
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogBreath

Quote from: twistitup on May 01, 2015, 08:50:01 pm
Will pot be on the level of opiate pain killers someday?
It's not performance enhancing, much less harmful
Yeah, my buddy says pot has gotten a bad rap, not addictive or anything, he says he's smoked it for years without getting hooked on the stuff.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: daBoar on May 01, 2015, 06:24:24 pm
If he successfully makes the switch in the SEC from right guard to LT he'll be a first rounder.

Teams will love Kirkland ability to play both T and G and He will certainly be a 1st round pick in 2016 NFL draft

Arthur pigby sellers.

This year ( the transition to LT) will obviously go a longg way to determining what round Denver goes in but I agree he goes pro.  With HH I could see him coming back, so far on the 2015 draft board only 4 TEs have been selected in first three rounds.  The only position with fewer selected was FB.  This position does not seem to be as highly drafted as some.  In regards to Skipper hes taller than the prototypical OL in the NFL.  He should have a big season.  I could see him coming back but wouldn't be surprised either way

PonderinHog

Quote from: supersaint on May 01, 2015, 02:06:15 pm
On obvious passing downs, we shouldn't leave Skipper on an island.
I see what you did there, little buddy.

daprospecta

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on May 01, 2015, 08:29:10 pm
Hunter Henry is the highest rated NFL player on the Hogs right now. HH is rated higher than Kirkland and everyone else.
I dunno about this one.  I think HH is a great route-running/great hands TE but he seems like he's missing that extra oomph to be a 1st/2nd rounder. You look at the great TE's in the league right now and they look like men among boys.  Gronk,Graham,J. Thomas, even Gates at times. I don't think HH is in that class yet and he will have to be to go early as a tight end. I see him going early 3rd to at worst 4th round. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: supersaint on May 01, 2015, 02:06:15 pm
On obvious passing downs, we shouldn't leave Skipper on an island.

If he is healthy, he will do just fine. He has had some nagging injuries that have had a negative effect on his mobility and ability to use his hands and "punch". If he can overcome those and be healthy headed into this season, he won't have any problems.
Go Hogs Go!

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: daprospecta on May 02, 2015, 12:01:49 pm
I dunno about this one.  I think HH is a great route-running/great hands TE but he seems like he's missing that extra oomph to be a 1st/2nd rounder. You look at the great TE's in the league right now and they look like men among boys.  Gronk,Graham,J. Thomas, even Gates at times. I don't think HH is in that class yet and he will have to be to go early as a tight end. I see him going early 3rd to at worst 4th round.
This is fact not speculation. HH is the highest rated Hog by the NFL right now. I'm not saying HH will be a first round pick but he's much higher rated than Kirkland. Maxx Williams was picked in early 2nd round there was just one other player in NCAA that had as many receptions go for first downs or touchdowns and that's Hunter Henry. HH was 78% and Maxx Williams was 80%. HH has led the SEC the last two years in receptions for first downs or touchdowns. That's quite an accomplishment in the toughest conference.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on May 02, 2015, 07:59:55 pm
This is fact not speculation. HH is the highest rated Hog by the NFL right now. I'm not saying HH will be a first round pick but he's much higher rated than Kirkland. Maxx Williams was picked in early 2nd round there was just one other player in NCAA that had as many receptions go for first downs or touchdowns and that's Hunter Henry. HH was 78% and Maxx Williams was 80%. HH has led the SEC the last two years in receptions for first downs or touchdowns. That's quite an accomplishment in the toughest conference.

Kirkland is a beast that can play T or G. NFL teams Will be drooling over Denver Kirkland

Peter Porker

Love the NFL scouts and talent evaluators here. Last year,did any of you guys pick Flowers to go in the 4th round?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LZH

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 03, 2015, 05:21:16 am
Love the NFL scouts and talent evaluators here. Last year,did any of you guys pick Flowers to go in the 4th round?

Actually, yeah......2nd round sounded about right.  For whatever reason, I always thought he was more talented than whats-his-name that played for Petrino.

supersaint

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 02, 2015, 12:14:51 pm
If he is healthy, he will do just fine. He has had some nagging injuries that have had a negative effect on his mobility and ability to use his hands and "punch". If he can overcome those and be healthy headed into this season, he won't have any problems.

I still think that Skipper needs a little buddy (back or TE) to help him with a chip block. Of course, if the defense overloads that side, we could end up with Skipper and his little buddy on an island. You don't have to be a professor or a billionaire to figure it out.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 03, 2015, 05:21:16 am

Nope, I had him as the second pick in the 5th.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on May 03, 2015, 02:20:10 am
Kirkland is a beast that can play T or G. NFL teams Will be drooling over Denver Kirkland
[/quote)

Kirkland is a solid player and will get drafted but Henry is currently the highest rated NFL player on the team.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: daprospecta on May 02, 2015, 12:01:49 pm
Serious question:  Could you define "that extra oomph"?  I just don't see what he's missing compared to those guys, aside from the physical development that will take place over the next few years.  He's become a good blocker, which was the knock on him as a Freshman, and I seriously doubt he peaked as a True Sophomore.  I'm not saying he will be the next Gronk, but I don't see any evidence that he couldn't be.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

wholehog92

You get about 1 TE drafted 1st round per year since 2000 on average.  2002 is included in that with 3 taken in the first round that year.

Eric Ebron out of N. Carolina was the most recent one in the 2014 draft.  His best year was 2013 where he finished with 62 receps for 973 yards.  He had to sit out his senior year before being drafted due to fiasco that disrupted UNC football.  He was 6' 4" 250 lbs at the combine and posted a 4.6 40.  He had a 32" vertical and put up 24 reps on the bench.  Henry is listed on the current roster as 6-5 and 250, so he meets that metric.  He can block and catch well, so he checks that box.  I have no idea how strong he is in the weight room, but he is very athletic and explosive, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him match the vertical.  I think HH has better hands and catch focus than Ebron did.  I'm pretty sure the scouts will understand we aren't going to have a tight end putting up close to a thousand yards in the system.

It wouldn't be absurd at this point to predict Henry in the first round based off of that.  It will really depend on who has what needs.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.