Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keiro Small

Started by PEtrader, April 30, 2015, 06:09:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

Is on Fox News talking about the Baltimore protests.  He came across well spoken.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

CaseyHawgDog

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne

RazorbacksFan

I just saw Kiero Small being interviewed by the national news in Baltimore.

"I'm here to show the kids that there are other ways. I talked to the kids at an alternative school today: they told me that they didn't know another way." "I can march down here [...] to show that we can get things done without violence."

Hoggish1

Quote from: RazorbacksFan on April 30, 2015, 06:13:53 pm

"I'm here to show the kids that there are other ways. I talked to the kids at an alternative school today: they told me that they didn't know another way." "I can march down here [...] to show that we can get things done without violence."

Kiero is laying it out there.  I very much appreciate him!

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: RazorbacksFan on April 30, 2015, 06:13:53 pm

What news outlet was it? If anybody runs across a clip, or knows where I might find one let me know. I'd love to see it.

LZH

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 30, 2015, 06:21:25 pm
Kiero is laying it out there.  I very much appreciate him!

I've always liked him.....a lot.

I sure hope he makes a (good) living playing football.

RazorbacksFan

For those interested, here's the Baltimore Sun's article on Kiero. It says that he worked for his father for a year before resuming football. It appeared to be his father or a family member in the background during the interview with Geraldo Rivera: the man behind Kiero was wearing an "Arkansas Football" shirt.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-former-cardinal-gibbons-standout-kiero-small-excited-to-play-for-hometown-ravens-20141114-story.html

SoCal Hog

April 30, 2015, 06:31:45 pm #7 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:14:18 pm by SoCal Hog
Kiero Small is a very impressive man. I like seeing that he is making a good impact with young people.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

sowmonella

Geraldo interviewed him on Fox News. Didn't mention the fact he was with the Ravens.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

daprospecta

I thought that was him!  I was in the gym thinking, "isn't that Kiero?"

Hawg Red

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Kevin

That is great for recruiting.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RunHogruN

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 30, 2015, 09:13:37 pm
Dude is uncommon.

These are the kind of news our players should be in unlike the Auburn and Alabama players who are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons. This makes me proud to be a fan of Arkansas. An uncommon University that produces great uncommon men that shows the nation how to be a real man of worth.
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

I BLEED RBack RED

#UNCOMMON...my girl bought me that shirt at Hog Heaven during the spring game. She said that she was going to the ladies room. (Luv that woman) Kiero Small and Trey Flowers were the first two people I thought of when I laid eyes upon :) Coach B told us once upon a time about "Uncommon"...we're def seeing it now!!
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

Hog N Bama

The very first time I saw Keiro speak to the media I was convinced this young man was going to succeed, not only in football but in life in general. Truly uncommon. Hat's off to you man! :razorback:

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorbacksFan on April 30, 2015, 06:28:57 pm
For those interested, here's the Baltimore Sun's article on Kiero. It says that he worked for his father for a year before resuming football. It appeared to be his father or a family member in the background during the interview with Geraldo Rivera: the man behind Kiero was wearing an "Arkansas Football" shirt.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-former-cardinal-gibbons-standout-kiero-small-excited-to-play-for-hometown-ravens-20141114-story.html

I love that he is humble and staying at home with his parents so he can get a good home cooked meals. That's uncommon and probably the first player CBB would say that he was super lucky to inherit when he arrived at Arkansas...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

nwahogfan1

I hope Keiro comes back to Arkansas if he wants to be Coach later and learn under CBB.  I think he is a great role model and an excellent coach but maybe he needs to stay in Baltimore because they need all the sports role models they can get.

DeltaBoy

He is UNCOMMON! Good for him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hogarusa

He spoke well is one of the strangest compliments out there to give to an adult with a college education.  How were you expecting the man to speak? 

It's like the cliches that Dan Patrick always talks about when it comes to black athletes vs white athletes given by the media
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Iwastherein1969

weren't the first words out of Bielema's mouth when he saw Keiro Small out on the field...I think he uttered, "now that is what a fullback is supposed to look like".....the ultimate compliment to Keiro....Keiro is one of the good guys and proof positive that if you stay out of trouble and keep your nose clean, you can make it in this country no matter your race. Never said it would be as easy as others have it, but there are still places in this country and jobs to fill for men like Keiro Small
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2015, 03:40:16 pm
He spoke well is one of the strangest compliments out there to give to an adult with a college education.  How were you expecting the man to speak? 

It's like the cliches that Dan Patrick always talks about when it comes to black athletes vs white athletes given by the media

Have you  watched manyOthes interviews of athletes over the years? I'm not sure well spoken is that common for lots of athletes these days. We seem to have a large supply of them though, and that's a good thing.

porkchopsdontfloat

I already had a man-crush on Kiero. The guy is just amazing.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

Dr. Starcs

"He's got an incredible, incredible a$$."

Lol. Man I wish Kiero could have been a part of this past years team.

clew

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2015, 03:40:16 pm

Ryan Mallett never had to worry about that underhanded compliment because he was white...or maybe it was because he wasn't well spoken. So glad to see K Small doing well. Great young man and great representative for the hogs, even if he is well spoken.
Pure as the dawn

impact

Didn't Raven RB coach, Thomas Hammock, work for Bielema at Wisky?  I am very impressed that Bielema cares for his players beyond their playing days.

UNCOMMON
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: clew on May 03, 2015, 12:02:16 am
Ryan Mallett never had to worry about that underhanded compliment because he was white...or maybe it was because he wasn't well spoken. So glad to see K Small doing well. Great young man and great representative for the hogs, even if he is well spoken.

Mallett had the reverse of that, he suffererd because he wasn't as "well spoken" as people deemed he should based on preconceived stereotypes.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.