Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Awesome Article on the Direction of our Offense by ESPN WPS

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 29, 2015, 11:01:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

I heard some rumors about this a few weeks ago,  but it looks like Murf, and the Ball Hawg brand, are moving to ESPN WPS. And I'm starting to hear rumblings that they have a daily radio show coming soon.

http://www.espnlr.com/scheme-continuity-on-offense-makes-arkansas-football-a-major-contender/

DeltaBoy

I love these kinds of articles, they give you a ton of insight.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

20hog11

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 29, 2015, 11:48:21 am
I love these kinds of articles, they give you a ton of insight.

Agreed. Murf always provides a lot of play breakdowns which I enjoy reading about.

Reading things like that remind me how little I truly know about the ins and outs of the game.

ZERO

QuoteAnd for those already drinking the Kool-Aid, the sugar high probably hasn't worn off, yet. (Especially if my wife made the batch.)

Lol.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on April 29, 2015, 11:01:19 am
I heard some rumors about this a few weeks ago,  but it looks like Murf, and the Ball Hawg brand, are moving to ESPN WPS. And I'm starting to hear rumblings that they have a daily radio show coming soon.

http://www.espnlr.com/scheme-continuity-on-offense-makes-arkansas-football-a-major-contender/

Confirmed on the link you posted.

SoCal Hog

Great article. Thanks for the link.   :razorback:

I never knew there was such a site as espnlr.com. I will check it out more often.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Deep Shoat

Note that the gifs actually disprove the "BA is staring down one receiver" crap that keeps getting posted on here.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Sivad

looks like Murf, and the Ball Hawg brand, are moving to ESPN WPS. And I'm starting to hear rumblings that they have a daily radio show coming soon.
Let us hope.

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 29, 2015, 12:44:33 pm
Note that the gifs actually disprove the "BA is staring down one receiver" crap that keeps getting posted on here.

Blasphemy

younghog

Excellent Read.. Thanks for posting..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

BornaHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 29, 2015, 12:44:33 pm

Not only the head movement, but the stacking of the receivers in levels so he can see multiple receivers at the same time. All of that makes me wonder if any of the "Staring down the receivers club", even watched the game at all.
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Deep Shoat

Quote from: BornaHog on April 29, 2015, 01:31:20 pm
Not only the head movement, but the stacking of the receivers in levels so he can see multiple receivers at the same time. All of that makes me wonder if any of the "Staring down the receivers club", even watched the game at all.
I tried to explain exactly this point Saturday or Sunday.  It was ignored. 

Too much X-Box, not enough film room.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Paul

3kgthog

I hope his show will replace the terrible Bomani Jones. Nails meet chalkboard.

Reservoir Hogs

Site is much faster than the old SDS articles... The GIFs actually load quickly for me now!

PorkRinds

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 29, 2015, 02:57:57 pm

That dude should not be on the radio.

Pig Worshipper

That was a very interesting read. Thank you and keep 'em coming!

SECisKing

Quote from: 20hog11 on April 29, 2015, 11:55:47 am
Agreed. Murf always provides a lot of play breakdowns which I enjoy reading about.
'preciate ya, 20!!
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

SECisKing

gmarv

SECisKing

Quote from: Paul on April 29, 2015, 02:01:06 pm
Congrats Murf!!!

Thanks Paul! Always good to talk Hogs and I needed a Hog-specific place I could do my thing at -- and this works out great. When the show launches it should be even better ya, know?

SECisKing

Quote from: gmarv on April 29, 2015, 05:17:37 pm
murfs stuff does a great job imho.

GMarv, what's up, my man! Haven't heard from you in a minute. Shouted you out on earlier podcast show, too. Hope all is well and thanks for the props!

SECisKing

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on April 29, 2015, 04:10:01 pm
Site is much faster than the old SDS articles... The GIFs actually load quickly for me now!

Really? That's interesting to know, Res. That ESPN WPS site is under major construction as it's being totally re-done, while SDS has been at it for a while.

Funny how things happen, huh?

SECisKing

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 29, 2015, 02:57:57 pm

Lol, I normally don't like to talk about other guys in the media, but that dude is the worst!!! He seems pretty heady, but I really don't dig his style or knowledge of anything. He should be on like a political-type show.

PorkRinds

Congrats Murf. It goes to show that if you put the time into really knowing what you're talking about and studying the content, it pays off. The reason your stuff has caught on so fast, especially with hog fans, is that we aren't used to the guys concentrating on our team really having the football chops enough to dig in and analyze the team like you do. Great job man.

Justifiable Hogicide

Woo Pig Murf.
Intelligent in-depth football and Hog analysis. Most welcome.

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 29, 2015, 05:22:48 pm
Congrats Murf. It goes to show that if you put the time into really knowing what you're talking about and studying the content, it pays off. The reason your stuff has caught on so fast, especially with hog fans, is that we aren't used to the guys concentrating on our team really having the football chops enough to dig in and analyze the team like you do. Great job man.

PR, I can dig that, bro. However, the fan base -- especially here on Hogville - is full of very knowledgeable posters, like yourself, or those eager to learn. This is definitely a step in the right direction for my career, but I will say that I'm now in prove it mode as I'm in front of new decision makers who may not be aware of what we're building, ya know?

I thoroughly enjoy covering this squad, though. But hopefully people recognize that  still have to keep the bias out to actually cover the team correctly. Too much fandom in our business...

Thanks, PR!

SECisKing

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on April 29, 2015, 05:31:59 pm
Woo Pig Murf.
Intelligent in-depth football and Hog analysis. Most welcome.

Woo Pig, Hogicide, thanks for the compliment!

JackJohnson

If I were Murf I would be burning up Bielema's phone applying for the analyst job that Steve Loney had last year.  I think he would be great at it...

MuskogeeHogFan

Good job, Murf and congrats on the move up. You do good work and I am happy for your success.
Go Hogs Go!

Ugly Uncle

Love your stuff Murf.  Look forward to reading and hearing more from you.
Retired Radio Host

dsgreen

MissippHog

Quote from: BornaHog on April 29, 2015, 01:31:20 pm
I put the "staring down the receivers" folk in the same camp as the "get your back elbow up" folk in baseball.  Neither one really knows what they're talking about nor do they know how to fix whatever is wrong.  All they know is to shout out some nonsense to make it seem like they know something.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

SECisKing

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 29, 2015, 06:19:56 pm
If I were Murf I would be burning up Bielema's phone applying for the analyst job that Steve Loney had last year.  I think he would be great at it...

Thanks Jack! I'd definitely listen if offered!

SECisKing

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 29, 2015, 07:14:04 pm
Love your stuff Murf.  Look forward to reading and hearing more from you.

Unc, you know the feeling is mutual man! You are as good as it gets.

SECisKing

Quote from: hoghearted on April 29, 2015, 08:10:34 pm
Really nice breakdown, Murph. Thanks.

Yessir, Double H, thanks for the props! And thanks for your time reading it. Make sure you share it on Facebook, my man.

SECisKing

Hoggish1

lumphog

Thanks Murph, I learn a lot form your interviews......Congrats & Welcome.
You do a helluva job.....YOU are right up there with Mike & Richard.......
Oh yea & UGLY guy   ;D  Keep up the good work....Lookin forward

Hawgzinbowlz

Good job Murf.
I look for BA to team with CDE and we will implement an efficient quick game that blends perfectly with CBBs core philosophy. Combine a couple of 1000 yd. rushers with chain moving passes and we will grind the defenses down.
With our current talent level we should be in all games in '15 and win some SEC games going away.
Coach Enos combining with CBB is a fundamental fit, from the core out. They're coming from the same root philosophy.
Your use of plays, and attached descriptions to enhance the narrative, is both professional and interesting at the same time.
Keep up the good work as we'll enjoy every article.

" WOO PIG "

PonderinHog

Quote from: dsgreen on April 29, 2015, 07:34:45 pm
Robert Shields probably hates Murf so much.
Quote from: SECisKing on April 29, 2015, 08:28:16 pm
Who? I wouldn't doubt it, I'd hate me, too!
Please tell me this was intentional!

Jamie Jones

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Jamie Jones

New rule: If it's an article about Razorback football and Murph or Chad didn't write it, I'm not interested in reading it. Great job!
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Birminghog

Quote from: SECisKing on April 29, 2015, 06:18:15 pm
PR, I can dig that, bro. However, the fan base -- especially here on Hogville - is full of very knowledgeable posters, like yourself, or those eager to learn. This is definitely a step in the right direction for my career, but I will say that I'm now in prove it mode as I'm in front of new decision makers who may not be aware of what we're building, ya know?

I thoroughly enjoy covering this squad, though. But hopefully people recognize that  still have to keep the bias out to actually cover the team correctly. Too much fandom in our business...

Thanks, PR!

Count me in with those with the learning curve. Love the Hogs, but I don't know an 11 from a 12 from a, well, you get it, but I somehow think you can explain it to me. Never heard of you before this, but I  am very impressed with your excellent writing. You, Unc, Mike, and a few others are interesting, informative, and intellectually engaging. Some of the guys out there seem to have trouble matching subject and verb.

Thank you for a well-written article that is engaging even to those of us less knowledgeable.

SECisKing

SECisKing

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 30, 2015, 09:02:10 am
Please tell me this was intentional!

I'm not trying to be funny, but there are only a few people on my radar in the media, and they are usually on the radio or being featured on a prominent site where they are under some type of contract, like myself, you feel me?

Other than that, why would I know this person? And if this person is doing their thing on that level, I apologize.

PonderinHog

Quote from: SECisKing on April 30, 2015, 11:54:49 am
I'm not trying to be funny, but there are only a few people on my radar in the media, and they are usually on the radio or being featured on a prominent site where they are under some type of contract, like myself, you feel me?

Other than that, why would I know this person? And if this person is doing their thing on that level, I apologize.
Well, here's a helpful link.   ;)  (You should check out some of his threads.  Don't read the OP's - just the replies.)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=592251.msg9682150#msg9682150